• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh god that music choice is very unfortunate lol

i can appreciate the motoko face looking more like the movie and the fact that she wears pants (tho random cleavage so dumb), but yeah seems like a waste to do a fps out of gits

doesn't look unfun i guess, i enjoy games like blacklight retribution and titanfall so i might get something out of this

it isn't as offensive if you mute the music i think

I like Blacklight Retribution a lot but it just isn't the same when you make your context GitS. That's the sticking point with me. Also I don't think the gameplay looked all that great to be honest.

I'm thinking about what I would want out of my potentially perfect yet fictitious rendition of a great GitS game. And then it hit me: Mass Effect 1.

Ghost in the Shell needs a deeply story driven, third person RPG game with light FPS / cover mechanics.

That's probably about right. I was thinking something more like the new Shadowrun games myself. That Ps1 game was done pretty well even though it was vehicular game.

Oh god

That was awful

I hate hate hate that song
See, this is why we are friends.

Shadownet

Banned
So JaceC, now that you have Mad Max, will you stop playing that filth that is AssCreed? Mad Max is like the only game I know that is set in Australia. It should be your all time favorite.

Well sure that would be understandable if they priced the product appropriately, but charging the same $60 for both the PC and console version and delivering a subpar version to one isn't acceptable to a lot of people. Giving a company a pass because they aren't a PC-ass developer doesn't excuse a shitty port, if it's bad, it's bad.

I never said I gave anyone a pass, I just have realistic expectations based on these companies history and buy (or not) accordingly.

Programming is hard, playing the Human Resource Machine beta and...

japbcvpavbzau9dbuaxf.jpg

I need this game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh hey, look at that, two minutes work and the GITS trailer is much better.

If only the game was better too. Like, you know, give it to Obsidian and tell them to make Alpha Protocol again, but this time in the GITS universe.

Clicked it thinking *please be Run Rabbit Junk* and was not disappointed.

I never said I gave anyone a pass, I just have realistic expectations based on these companies history and buy (or not) accordingly.

Well you originally asked why people get upset with a 30fps lock, and it just comes down to people wanting the most out of their platform of choice.

In other news, the Uplay client is pretty nice looking, the description makes it sound like they have given up on their dreams of Uplay being a legitimate alternative to Steam and have just made it as painless as possible for Steam users to launch their games on Steam and never have to look at or interact with that client again lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
I like Blacklight Retribution a lot but it just isn't the same when you make your context GitS. That's the sticking point with me. Also I don't think the gameplay looked all that great to be honest.

gameplay looked ok, nothing special to hook me outside of the license but it's gonna be f2p so no real reason not to try it

like sure why not just do the obvious and make a deus ex out of gits but publishers and license holders specially tend to be lacking basic common sense but it's not that offensive to me if it ends up being like a fun little shooter

i think specially a dishonored inspired game would be fantastic but what can u do

Oh hey, look at that, two minutes work and the GITS trailer is much better.

If only the game was better too. Like, you know, give it to Obsidian and tell them to make Alpha Protocol again, but this time in the GITS universe.
much better but still not great. i bet that's an original gits song or something but not to my liking either. if anything now that i'm no longer distracted by the awful music choice it pull my attention back to how unexciting everything about that trailer actually looks

also i don't think obs is the right developer for gits

like i say above, make a gits dishonored

Uzzy

You still applied for the beta right?

BisonOfCourse.gif

I'm at least going to see if there's anything worthwhile in the game. Then when I write the recommendation up for SteamGAF, there'll be more than my sobbing and curses towards Nexon to report.

Jawmuncher

Radioactive isn't a bad song, but it's just so overplayed that it's not worth using.
Like putting bodies hit the floor in your trailer. Besides the fact that it doesn't really fit with GiTs. Kind of like when trailers try to use Jimi Hendrix "All along the watchtower" to be deep.

Annubis

I'm thinking about what I would want out of my potentially perfect yet fictitious rendition of a great GitS game. And then it hit me: Mass Effect 1.

Ghost in the Shell needs a deeply story driven, third person RPG game with light FPS / cover mechanics.

Combine that with a bit of Watchdog for the steal info and hack bodies and you'd be good to go.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think stand alone complex is that great of a show, but all those one off cases would make for really cool sidequests, specially if u could like solve them in many different ways ordering section 9 squad around to like dig stuff up on the case and snipe down robots and shit, then going back to the lab and hang out with the robo spiders and stuff

like mostly investigation and arresting ppl and hacking and all that cool stuff. dialogue choices that let u go down the badass motoko way from the movie or like the shittier version from stand alone complex

and very little shooting, if anything

Pachimari

The TV show was terrible...

Might as well say you feel like playing AA after finding a black cloth in a dumpster.

The Gotham TV show makes me wanna kill myself

It is one of the best superhero shows right now. I'm currently at Episode 12 anyway, so I haven't finished it. But it have been wonderful so far.

But I guess I will have many of these discussions in the OT for Season 2 or I might just unsubscribe so I don't have to read through all of the negative posts in there.

Salsa

huh

I actually think Gotham is surprisingly okay considering the WB stuff, which is god damn awful. Flash and Arrow are impossible to watch

I watch Gotham ocassionally and enjoy it. dude playing Penguin is good, Alfred too

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hmm. Steam doesn't say I'm in game no matter what I play. Not a connection issue I would think, I'm in three chat rooms just fine and achievements seem to unlock still.

Pachimari

i think its at its lowest when they have bruce wayne on screen.
What I love about the Batman franchise is his villains and Gotham itself. So I'm happy about the show. It is fantastic. Wish I could say the same about the Arkham games, but I can't get myself to finish a single one - even though I can see they are great games.

Salsa

WB stuff just comes with a guaranteed level of cringe that Gotham might ocassionally touch, but Arrow/Flash fuckin live in it and its painful

I watched the first ep of Flash cause I love Flash, and I saw it touched on flashpoint and other comic stuff

then Barry Allen said something like "THIS POWERFUL THING AFFECTS EVERY VOCATION IN THE WORLD" or something

and a token black girl replied with "does that include twerking?"

fuck this motherfucking show goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom