• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is there any news on the PC release date of MGO? The guy seemed to say available on ALL platforms on October 6th a couple times.

EDIT: Or maybe he said available to everyone on the 6th, I don't remember.

tumblr_inline_nnfxrmdalB1rilw3i_500.gif
Look who's back :)
"October 6 for everyone".. huh. I thought it was coming to PC early next year?

• Multiple customizable characters
  • Unique characters with unique skills; Boss, Ocelot
3 classes
  • Scout
  • Enforcer
  • Infiltrator

Mission Types (so far shown)
  • Bounty Hunter (TDM)
  • Cloak and Dagger
  • Comm Control

It looks very cool with a lot of depth. Of course if players use tactics and not just run like idiots into battle.

Also, that confirmation sound into battle *drool
have you seen this already?
it was so Quiet
OJCZxDD.jpg
she doooo
Anyone remember Jim Power?

His pain-ridden face makes sense since his neck looks snapped.

FloatOn

Kind of glad dark souls 3 is giong to be in april.

so many games coming out Q1 and then there is my backlog.

speaking of which, I'm going to try to like lords of shadow 2 today.

Jazz573

You let yourselves be played like a fiddle.
Atlus had nothing to do with it.

If anything they're likely this now that they gotta put 9 extra months of development cost on the sucker-
Sylvester-coffee.gif

Yeah, no. If they had no intention of releasing it this year, they shouldn't have repeatedly insisted it was, but they did, which was extremely dishonesst.

You let yourselves be played like a fiddle.
Atlus had nothing to do with it.

If anything they're likely this now that they gotta put 9 extra months of development cost on the sucker-
Sylvester-coffee.gif

No kidding. Plus they are probably putting 12 months of development in those 9 months.

Tizoc

Yeah, no. If they had no intention of releasing it this year, they shouldn't have repeatedly insisted it was, but they did, which was extremely dishonesst.

Or maybe they thought they could release in 2015 but stuff happened that prevented it.
It could be anything from
Actual development needing more time
PS4 release affected development

it was likely a case where Atlus NA didn't have the capability to announce any delays so they stuck to the only answer they could give: 2015. It wasn't that they were lying or being dishonest, they simply couldn't say that it wasn't coming out in 2015 because that was up to someone else to make that call. And who knows, maybe the japanese side of Atlus hadn't informed them that a delay was coming so they stuck with the only official date they had.

but really anyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together knew it wasn't coming this year

it's all about managing expectations

tuxfool

Banned
it was likely a case where Atlus NA didn't have the capability to announce any delays so they stuck to the only answer they could give: 2015. It wasn't that they were lying or being dishonest, they simply couldn't say that it wasn't coming out in 2015 because that was up to someone else to make that call.

but really anyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together knew it wasn't coming.

I did hear somewhere that Atlus Japan treats all its other PR departments like dirt. They have some extreme paranoia about leaks, so they tell them nothing, and when they do get briefed they barely get enough time to prepare.

Tizoc

it was likely a case where Atlus NA didn't have the capability to announce any delays so they stuck to the only answer they could give: 2015. It wasn't that they were lying or being dishonest, they simply couldn't say that it wasn't coming out in 2015 because that was up to someone else to make that call. And who knows, maybe the japanese side of Atlus hadn't informed them that a delay was coming so they stuck with the only official date they had.

but really anyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together knew it wasn't coming this year

i MEAN if it could release this year we would've had more footage shown of the gameplay and combat etc.

Kyougar

Persona aren't good games anyway guys, don't fret that it's not on PC.

As a PC gamer since 1996 I bought my first Console 2008 and it was a PS2. I primarily bought it for Final Fantasy X and XII and sometimes later i bought Persona 3 from a Software Pyramid. i lost my whole vacation for that game and bought Persona 4 right after that.

derExperte

Skyshine's BEDLAM is getting hit hard by negative reviews. Guess they overdid it with the difficulty. Which is a problem I'm seeing a lot lately, apparently some devs think they'll attract a superhardcore, dedicated audience because it worked for games like Meat Boy, Spelunky or FTL. Difference is those games are rewarding while some of those newer ones aren't, they're just unfair.

Backlogger

Skyshine's BEDLAM is getting hit hard by negative reviews. Guess they overdid it with the difficulty. Which is a problem I'm seeing a lot lately, apparently some devs think they'll attract a superhardcore, dedicated audience because it worked for games like Meat Boy, Spelunky or FTL. Difference is those games are rewarding while some of those newer ones aren't, they're just unfair.

Really? Does it get harder? Maybe I just haven't played enough of it yet.

Edit: lol nvm I was thinking of the retro FPS Bedlam

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
It's common, almost all kickstarters accept more money as "pre-orders" almost directly after the kickstarter is finished.
Nothing new at all.

its gonna be a real shock to a lot of people when they play Shenmue and realize it wasn't successful for a reason

again, it's about managing expectations.

And people would have a better idea what to expect if/when a Shenmue 1 & 2 HD collection came out. Because what people should expect is a lite RPG that is cutscene heavy, loaded with QTEs that haven't held up, and too few really awesome fighting sections that make you wish they really made a Virtua Fighter action RPG instead.

And that's coming from someone who loves those first two games and has played each of them at least twice.

Haunted

Blood Souls 2

Oh that's a shame. It's what ultimately drove me away from Convoy. Difficult games are fine, but with a lot of randomisation and RNG elements involved, it becomes very hard to balance correctly.

Convoy erred on the frustrating side and couldn't stay long in my rotation because of it. FTL was tough, but still manageable once you learned the ropes, really well balanced. Darkest Dungeon is one that's teetering on the brink of frustration for me, I think the consumables and economy in that game are extremely punishing, maybe too far to its detriment.

I think Spelunky and Meat Boy are a different issue since they're largely skill-based.

I might have to check Bedlam out to see on which side of the coin it falls.

Tizoc

again, it's about managing expectations.

And people would have a better idea what to expect if/when a Shenmue 1 & 2 HD collection came out. Because what people should expect is a lite RPG that is cutscene heavy, loaded with QTEs that haven't held up, and too few really awesome fighting sections that make you wish they really made a Virtua Fighter action RPG instead.

And that's coming from someone who loves those first two games and has played each of them at least twice.

The big difference between Shenmue QTEs and modern QTEs, is that Shenmue has Japanese wackiness going for it.

Rocket League TV show lol.

Complaining about character rosters in fighting games especially Street Fighter is silly. I always end up having someone I like in a fighting game 99% of the time so eh. I don't get the complaints about Juri when you had her for the last 5 years. If she isn't in, you can't be too surprised. I don't know I am used to rotations and not seeing characters for years that aren't the staples of Ryu, Chun-Li and Ken. Then again I am used to this so I don't know.
No offense, but you actually believed that?

People that didn't notice Atlus USA kept saying 2015 while Atlus JP didn't have a release for Japan and wasn't saying anything but, "Here is a new PV for this game that obviously got delayed that we are going to announce at TGS with a spiffy new trailer." "There is no way that our USA branch is still saying 2015 right? Nah that can't be possible." A lot of left hand not knowing what the right was doing. Or Atlus USA was in denial.

Blind people basically.

rtcn63

I think I just got a call from an IRS scammer. I've never had one before, so it was strange. He had my name and address. I realized it was off when he started to angle for information and then began threatening the shit out of me once I asked to call back.

Arthea

its gonna be a real shock to a lot of people when they play Shenmue and realize it wasn't successful for a reason

I think it mostly wasn't successful because of huge budget and wrong platforms, but I'm not saying I know it for sure.

I backed it for nostalgia reasons mostly, these days I can't stand QTEs at all, but it's OK, if even I'll never finish it, it's still a game many people genuinely want to be made, mostly because they want to know what happened after and I kinda hope it will have better gameplay at least partly than old games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom