• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
No kidding, dude even looks like Geralt.
Smh..You kids need to learn what Onimusha is.

odod-tenkai-nankobu1.jpg

Shadownet

Banned
First time I saw that game I thought it was Onimusha XP

Let's see if Capcpom can get the Onimusha IP up and running game in 2016~
Yeah I thought the same thing when I saw the image. I was so happy for a moment. I haven't heard any news about a new Onimusha game. But damn, I want one so bad.

Ozium

Yep so you can know the pain. Since the same thing happens to me. Smash is the bigger example, everyone loves that roster. But there's no one that really does anything for me there now. So even though I play it with friends, my interest in it is pretty dulled. Compared to the game prior.

I wish Ice Climbers would return too..

Yep so you can know the pain. Since the same thing happens to me. Smash is the bigger example, everyone loves that roster. But there's no one that really does anything for me there now. So even though I play it with friends, my interest in it is pretty dulled. Compared to the game prior.
Smash roster has greninja and the god king mewtwo, they even threw in duck hunt and jr. Youre just unreasonable, snake isnt coming back, get over it. All hail the God King, Mewtwo

Jawmuncher

I wish Ice Climbers would return too..

Smash roster has greninja and the god king mewtwo, they even threw in duck hunt and jr. Youre just unreasonable, snake isnt coming back, get over it. All hail the God King, Mewtwo

You two are the worst. Nintendo Riders
Lmfaoooooooo

Do we know if Sony had a hand in this yet? I know it's PS4 exclusive. But in wondering if it's just console wise or maybe a case like we have seen with SFV where they still want a PC version. If it is on PC maybe they'll finally do a decent port.

Ni-Oh is confirmed a PS4 exclusive for 2016, btw.
Though it won't stop KOEI from bringing it over to PC in 2017
with PS3 graphics, 30fps, and no-multiplayer.

Tizoc

Hey
Hey Atlus
Since you delayed P5 til next year.
Maybe
Just maybe
Totally consider releasing it on Steam.
It'll cover up a lot of costs if you release it a few months after PS4 *wink wink nudge nudge*

I laughed, thanks

On consoles at least.

Hektor

Hey
Hey Atlus
Since you delayed P5 til next year.
Maybe
Just maybe
Totally consider releasing it on Steam.
It'll cover up a lot of costs if you release it a few months after PS4 *wink wink nudge nudge*

On consoles at least.

Didnt they promised a 2015 Release not even a month or two ago?

Milamber

Every game I buy and play, I start losing interest to finish it. Especially JRPG's, since I loved them. I don't understand them as much now.

NjAHYPb.png

Tizoc

True dat. But im still baffled on why they kept promising a 2015 release.

My guess? If it was just PS3 and they weren't developing PS4 it may have released by Late December at the earliest.

But maybe PS4 development cut in, that or it's the usual development snafu. They thought they could get it ready by Late 2015, but couldn't reach that goal.

No point worrying about, if anything I'm more frustrated that I won't be able to watch the new P5 trailer until 9 hours from now when i get home =_=

I hope you are not being sarcastic because it is true.

SMT is goat.

Persona is more about the animes and the waifu, which means if it were on Steam it would sell billions

I'm being serious, they just come off as weird anime nonsense with typical boring JRPG gameplay to me. I played some of 4 on Vita and just couldn't really see what the appeal was.

Tizoc

Every game I buy and play, I start losing interest to finish it. Especially JRPG's, since I loved them. I don't understand them as much now.

NjAHYPb.png

As you grow older your tastes change; you being Milamber a jRPG would be pointless to play unless it had high school girls kiyaaa-ing and moaning as you play throughout the game.

Arthea

I'm being serious, they just come off as weird anime nonsense with typical boring JRPG gameplay to me. I played some of 4 on Vita and just couldn't really see what the appeal was.

I would have even agreed to you to a point, but then you go and write "weird anime nonsense"... what negates any benefit of a doubt I was going to give.

edited: actually this TGS is pretty good, unfortunately not much in it for us, as usual.

There are a few concerning things about this:
- they are sure to charge for character slots, and they're more than likely only going to give you one to start, exacerbating the next issue​
- because the maps appear to be pretty huge, there are going to be a ton of snipers, so I expect to see extraction missions play out with 85% camped-out, missing-their-headshots motherfuckers that will blame the infiltrators when they lose, because they have less deaths than the infiltrators who were hung out to dry have​
- lethality looks pretty good, but the presence of cheap one-shots needs to be addressed. Shield up + charge + fulton = wrecked. Hopefully, some of that is tempered, and hopefully rocket ammo is in extremely limited supply.​

But still, stoked.

WHO'S PUMPED FOR PLAGUE KNIGHT

BASED YACHT CLUB GIVING US FREE EXPANSIONS

I SHOULD DOUBLE DIP ON WII U

I'M YELLING BECAUSE I'M EXCITE

and lol @ salsa and his 3DS

well i know that i am since it's such an expansion that it looks like a sequel

huh

I actually think Gotham is surprisingly okay considering the WB stuff, which is god damn awful. Flash and Arrow are impossible to watch

I watch Gotham ocassionally and enjoy it. dude playing Penguin is good, Alfred too

The absolute best part is Donal Logue. (I'm still extremely butthurt that they cancelled Terriers after 1 season.)

And I'm also in Camp Daredevil Sucks. Gotham has its cringeworthy moments and is all-around mediocre, but the dialogue in Daredevil is just... ugh. I felt like I was going crazy with all of the big-ups that show was getting, or that I was watching some Daredevil other than seemingly the rest of the world was, but then I remembered that shows like the Big Bang Theory are popular. Everyone's opinion still sucks confirmed.

fertygo

I only consider to buy PS4 cause Persona, will help a lot if its came to steam.. other JRPG like SO5 and FF XV I can kinda see coming to Steam, but not Persona :(

I'm being serious, they just come off as weird anime nonsense with typical boring JRPG gameplay to me. I played some of 4 on Vita and just couldn't really see what the appeal was
Shame you didn't enjoy it, P4 was great experience to me, the little sims meta is weirdly addicting and made its comfy play.

Milamber

As you grow older your tastes change; you being Milamber a jRPG would be pointless to play unless it had high school girls kiyaaa-ing and moaning as you play throughout the game.

Ah, that reminds me, I gotta check up on the updates of that Yandere Kanojo simulator game.

I would have even agreed to you to a point, but then you go and write "weird anime nonsense"... what negates any benefit of a doubt I was going to give.

wut lol.

How else would I describe a bunch of school kids that get sucked into tv to fight monsters, and then some trash can looking teddy bear guy, like what in the world is going on? That's about the most anime-ass sounding anime stuff I can think of.

I only consider to buy PS4 cause Persona, will help a lot if its came to steam.. other JRPG like SO5 and FF XV I can kinda see coming to Steam, but not Persona :(

Shame you didn't enjoy it, P4 was great experience to me, the little sims meta is weirdly addicting and made its comfy play.

For me, the PS4 is finally getting enough exclusives (that aren't coming to the pc) to make it worth it. Plus it seems that even for multiplatform titles, the PS4 is the best versions.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Resident Evil Zero producer: 'Our Western offices have helped us greatly when it comes to PC'

Capcom has evolved in that respect

I had a chance to chat with Resident Evil Zero producer Tsukasa Takenaka today, and one particular thing that stood out to me was his response to a PC-centric question I asked.

When I asked how Capcom has evolved in regards to their PC support, he responded, "well, we really got a lot of help from our western offices there. At first, we just wanted a few different resolutions for some recent PC games such as Resident Evil HD. But the western audiences demanded more resolution options, basically every option available. So we adapted, and started learning more about PC development."

Takenaka went on to state, "if you recall in the past, we often delayed PC releases in favor of consoles. Here in Japan, PC gaming is not as big as it is in the west. So it took time to adapt. Now, you'll see more simultaneous PC releases, like in the case of HD Remake and Revelations 2. We're getting to a good place where we feel like we can meet PC player's expectations."

Stay tuned for my full interview with Takenaka, as well as hands-on impressions with the game.

Arthea

wut lol.

How else would I describe a bunch of school kids that get sucked into tv to fight monsters, and then some trash can looking teddy bear guy, like what in the world is going on? That's about the most anime-ass sounding anime stuff I can think of.

IDK, crazy fun? There are a lot of bad things to be said about Persona games (newer ones, especially 3) but that general inventiveness and craziness is not one of those. This is actually a good thing, it makes games less boring than they are. It's only "weird anime nonsense" if you decide to look at it this way, meaning are biased.

IDK, crazy fun? There are a lot of bad things to be said about Persona games (newer ones, especially 3) but that general inventiveness and craziness is not one of those. This is actually a good thing, it makes games less boring than they are. It's only "weird anime nonsense" if you decide to look at it this way, meaning are biased.

It just didn't grab me, I don't like those type of games and I gave it a chance because of all the hype and the fact that I had already played the other 4 games in collective Vita catalog at that time.

Hektor

Turnbased JRPG + fantastic OST + style + likable characters + overall good murder mystery story = GOAT

Now stop disliking one of my favorite games please.

fertygo

Man P5 trailer is great, quite pleased its delayed.. I can focus to building new PC first!

And this way I'm not gonna buy PS4 for one game too, its should've close with other JRPG release too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom