• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

2015-09-16_00992-17-9-2015.jpg

MilamberArthea Alert

Ayo Quote that thing or people will die from the bazoonga overload :V

Well I tried Heroes of Might & Magic VII and it wouldn't let me through. Tried again with NBA2k16 and same story. It doesn't seem like many games can be bought through Nuuvem these days. :/

I already checked NBA on steamdb, and there's no region lock on Steam for Brazil, so it definitely isn't because of the codes being region locked. They just seem to have stomped down other regions trying to get games for better Brazilian prices.

I was planning on getting NBA 2K16 next week from them so that's a little disappointing :/

I may have to try and get someone who can buy from there without a VPN to get the game for me and PayPal them the money to do it. I'll still try myself but I have to have a backup plan just in case.

Zafir

Ah seems to be a 2k thing with Nuuvem. Managed to get heroes to go through. Oh well. Guess I'll skip NBA, and I'll wait on a price drop for XCOM. Not got enough money at the moment to be paying £30-£40 for games that I'm not super excited for.
I was planning on getting NBA 2K16 next week from them so that's a little disappointing :/

I may have to try and get someone who can buy from there without a VPN to get the game for me and PayPal them the money to do it. I'll still try myself but I have to have a backup plan just in case.
It seems to be an address check or something. It's just not liking the fact my paypal account is a UK address. Only specific games are doing it by the looks of it, 2kgames is the publisher I've found.

Same thing happened with Act of Aggression for me when I tried a few weeks back, but since I was meh on whether I wanted it, I didn't care too much.

Ah seems to be a 2k thing with Nuuvem. Managed to get heroes to go through. Oh well. Guess I'll skip NBA, and I'll wait on a price drop for XCOM. Not got enough money at the moment to be paying £30-£40 for games that I'm not super excited for.

It seems to be an address check or something. It's just not liking the fact my paypal account is a UK address. Only specific games are doing it by the looks of it, 2kgames is the publisher I've found.

Same thing happened with Act of Aggression for me when I tried a few weeks back, but since I was meh on whether I wanted it, I didn't care too much.

probably so...I'll try myself next week (and it'll fail more than likely) then I'll see if someone here can get it for me...I know there are some South American posters here so it's worth a shot

Haunted

The RPS article I posted yesterday was from the same writer who also reviewed Convoy, if you haven't yet check them out. He liked Bedlam more btw.

Also reading the Steam forum there's some well thought out criticism going on while the fans seem to only be able to respond with insults and calling everyone who wants more fairness and less rng a casual doofus. Maybe I'll remember to look at it again after some patches and sales, until then bye Bedlam, my wishlist hardly knew ye.
Ah, thanks for the recommendation that was an interesting read. It seems more fully realised than Convoy, but the game balancing design does seem to be a problem. A dependence on RNG and unintuitive systems sounds more frustrating than challenging.

chronomac

Thanks. I found this tidbit really neat:
There’s a lot here. When we started making this game, I figured it would have between 8 and 12 hours of playtime. As it happens, the game we’ve finally built is around 10 times as big as that: if you are a completionist who wants to wring every last drop out of the game, you might expect to play for 80 hours, or possibly 100. For people who don’t want to go quite that far, the game’s still got plenty for you.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Julien Merceron, worldwide technical director at Konami, quits

Julien Merceron, the man responsible for overseeing Konami's Fox Engine, has reportedly parted ways with the studio.

The news was first announced by Gameblog, though independent sources have since confirmed it to IGN.

For those unaware of who Merceron is, he joined Konami back in 2013 as the company's worldwide technology director, and it was during his tenure that the company's bespoke game engine was put into use on both Metal Gear Solid V and the most recent Pro Evolution Soccer titles. Before that, he spent seven years working in and around Square Enix, including as CTO at IO Interactive, Eidos and Crystal Dynamics before ascending to the rank of global technology director at Square Enix itself.

rtcn63

Booted up my PS3, put in the MGS4 disc, oh 517mb update, no biggie. Then I remember the lengthy installation process awaiting me. Do I have enough space? Whatever, I'll make a sandwich.

derExperte

Booted up my PS3, put in the MGS4 disc, oh 517mb update, no biggie. Then I remember the lengthy installation process awaiting me. Do I have enough space? Whatever, I'll make a sandwich.

I'm betting good money on that patch only being the first of many. GoW:Ascension had about a dozen which had to be downloaded and installed one after another.

It's a 15 minute install but thanks to that update now you only need to do the first install and that's it. Before, you had to endure a lengthy install after every act. It sucked

Also, the update adds trophies. It's decent really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom