• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

The data or at least the names were in the games files. So I have a feeling they were more than likely held to get some more money.
Since we see the legacy snake suits in the trailer.

PS3's update system is hilarious. Go back to play a game from a few years ago, patch 1/18 or some bullshit.

Gran Turismo 6 in particular is amazing. You have to download 20 patches before you can start it up and then you have a ton of IN GAME patches that have to be downloaded and installed as well. The horror!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Vz1Focm.jpg

Pulse

rtcn63

It's a 15 minute install but thanks to that update now you only need to do the first install and that's it. Before, you had to endure a lengthy install after every act. It sucked

Also, the update adds trophies. It's decent really

Yeah, I just checked and it's at ~10 minutes remaining/42% done, so that's good.

PS3's update system is hilarious. Go back to play a game from a few years ago, patch 1/18 or some bullshit.

Gran Turismo 6 in particular is amazing. You have to download 20 patches before you can start it up and then you have a ton of IN GAME patches that have to be downloaded and installed as well. The horror!
And even if you buy the game from psn it wouldn't include the patches in that download.

So if you ever decide to play littlebigplanet 2 then prepare for a long ass time downloading, clearing space for the install (you need double the game's space to install so a 20 gig game requires 40 gigs free), waiting for a month for the game to finish installing, and then you would start the updating process.

Truly some high level fuckery

rtcn63

The MGS4 install is only about 9GB? I forgot how things were in the way back when. Assumed it'd be like 20GB+ for some reason.

derExperte

iOS 9 has actually made my iPhone 6+ run better. This is a first for an Apple iPhone firmware update.

Watched a video with benchmarks/direct comparisons and some things are slower even on the new-ish phones and almost everything is slower on the ones before the 6. 9.1 is supposedly faster.

Watched a video with benchmarks/direct comparisons and some things are slower even on the new phones and almost everything is slower on the ones before the 6. 9.1 is supposedly faster.

My phone is just a tad bit slower but holy shit is it more stable. Safari doesn't crash 50% of the time when opening a gaf thread and it doesn't refresh tabs nearly as often. The podcast app is also not as janky as before.

If i have to take a barely noticeable hit on speed for this thing to not be as buggy then im okay with that.

Arthea

I've finished Fairy Fencer F today, or rather decided to abandon my futile quest to 100% it, that's why

106 hours played, about 30 of those were grinding if not more

these are missing achievements

these are my stats after 3 playthroughs and 106 hours

more than 2K battles still to go
and more than 70 mln in cash to get!

those are not even worst, there are ingame challenges for every character that I cleared maybe 10% of those. IF decided to outdo even tri-Ace (their games are pain in the ass to 100%) and I think they succeeded. All IF games have some hard to get achievements or things but FFF ones are outrageous.

don't repeat my mistake folks, go for fun and play the game, don't bother with perfect things in this particular case.

I will write a review later too.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
And even if you buy the game from psn it wouldn't include the patches in that download.

So if you ever decide to play littlebigplanet 2 then prepare for a long ass time downloading, clearing space for the install (you need double the game's space to install so a 20 gig game requires 40 gigs free), waiting for a month for the game to finish installing, and then you would start the updating process.

Truly some high level fuckery

Yet still a more compelling experience than littlebigplanet.

The GOTY upgrade for Shadow of Mordor is $3.99, a historical low.

Not the first time Shadow of Mordor and historical low have appeared in the same sentence.

Salsa

I wanna buy something crappy but co-op excusable like Riptide for $2.99 and beat it in like a one nighter at a friends lan party

I wish I was that guy still

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Lego Worlds looks kinda rad for $10

AHA-Lambda

Well between Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age 3 (2014's best games that year guys!), I can certainly say that SoM is not the worst of the two :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom