• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruruja

I never wanted to make a game, I always wanted for more wonderful games being made for me to play.
yup, I'm lazy like that

Problem with making games is when you make a masterpiece, you already know everything about it and how it works under the hood. You don't get that "oh shit this game is amazing I wonder what happens next" feel.

Source: I've made many masterpieces.

Arthea

Problem with making games is when you make a masterpiece, you already know everything about it and how it works under the hood. You don't get that "oh shit this game is amazing I wonder what happens next" feel.

Source: I've made many masterpieces.

exactly! somebody who finally gets it!

me too, of other kind tho

Nah, I prefer to think of it as working smart instead of hard.

you know... something makes me think that cheating has very little to do with being smart, if even some people tend believe so, they usually see very little sunlight too.

gelf

PS3 port is worse. At least if you've play DP with Durante's fix.

DPfix barely makes any difference. Sure I can run it at higher resolutions but it doesn't stop the framerate from being 10fps, nor does it prevent all the crashes. I'd be ecstatic if I could get a locked 720p 30fps, I really would.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
DyFqAA4.jpg

Splendor

ExoSoul

Banned
DPfix barely makes any difference. Sure I can run it at higher resolutions but it doesn't stop the framerate from being 10fps, nor does it prevent all the crashes. I'd be ecstatic if I could get a locked 720p 30fps, I really would.

I stand corrected

I'd say it's your computer cause DS with and without DSfix are worlds apart

He's talking about Deadly Premonition.
Not Dark Souls.

Durante couldn't save DP.

Among other issues, DP has a memory leak, so it gets more unstable as you play. Apparently the optimal way to get through the PC version is to restart your PC every couple hours.
Never tried it myself, since after about 20 minutes the game just stopped launching for me.

Only CoD I own on PC is Modern Warfare 2. Honestly it's my favorite of the series (played through the campaign three times, once on Veteran. Spent the most time spent on MP to boot).
Shame the Multiplayer is a mess. It has servers, but most of them are filled with hacks so anything goes. Last game I entered I got a message saying "You're welcome" and suddenly I was max-level with all of the awards.
Gee thanks.

Dsyndrome

I keep being tempted to buy all the old CoD games today, but then look that they're fucking $10 on a sale despite coming out when or before I bought a PS3 during it's launch week, and I go back to saying NOPE.

Deadly Premonition with DPfix went down to 15FPS upon starting for no reason and inconsistently on my GTX 980M, i7-4980HQ CPU. Something is definitely not right with that game, fixes or not applied.

First time the Batman of the Future DLC for Lego Batman 3 has gotten a decent sale, so I'll have to pick that up. I still don't understand why it's the only piece of paid DLC not included in the season pass.

yoshizzle

So hold up aside from the mega cheap price, how is BlOps 1's SP campaign mode?
I played through the campaign last night and liked it a lot. Story is interesting although short. Out of the CoDs I've played (MW1, MW2, BO1), BO1's campaign is probably my favorite so far.

Other impressions from 2 days ago:
I would say so, it's one of the better COD campaigns.
Other than the whole "literally plays itself" bit, yeah. It's decent.

MUnited83

For you.
Can't say I've had many issues after the fix, although I never played it more than a couple hours each time. The PS3 port crashed more and had worse framerate for me.

So I'm getting a pop-up notification in client about adding my phone number as an added bit of security. I guess we're one step away from Battle.net authenticators for Steam.

gelf

Can't say I've had many issues after the fix, although I never played it more than a couple hours each time. The PS3 port crashed more and had worse framerate for me.

I wish it did that for me, I rarely play any game for longer sessions then an hour at a time so i could live with that. The framerate and slowdown is so bad makes me feel sick from the start even after a PC restart. And I'm someone who thinks 30fps is fine and playable normally.

Caerith

He's talking about Deadly Premonition.
Not Dark Souls.

Durante couldn't save DP.

Among other issues, DP has a memory leak, so it gets more unstable as you play. Apparently the optimal way to get through the PC version is to restart your PC every couple hours.
Never tried it myself, since after about 20 minutes the game just stopped launching for me.
electroflame pointed this out to me a while back, supposed to patch the memory leak so you can actually play DP. Haven't tried it myself, but maybe someday.

Knurek

I forgot you rocked DS4Windows as well. Here are the basic steps to the cast signs:

Unbind R2 entirely in DS4W, then set it as the shift modifier. I use the 4 face buttons and L2 as my 5 sign triggers. Setting that up is pretty simple: double click the button, click on macro, enable both record delays and scancode, then record and press one of the numbers (3-7), then Q quickly.

That's it. Just do that 5 times, and you're gold. I'd post my swipes, but I think I'm going to change a few things around. Just remember to use scan code with the W3.

This doesn't seem to work ever since 1.07 update. There's a thread on CDPR forums with fixes for Inputmapper, but nothing for DS4Windows. :(

MUnited83

For you.
this is pretty easy to do. stop shaving. wear plaid (pro-tip: you are probably already wearing plaid). and assemble your own ikea furniture instead of paying them to do it for you
I know of a easier way:

Become Serial Killer
Use your boat, go the sea
?????????????
Profit

MGO PC is still coming on January 2016, I tweeted at Robert Peeler and he said that.
Big shame. In the new trailer they repeatedly said "available for everyone on October 6th".
Remember this when it was a mobile-ks-darling. Last I heard, honeymoon ended with some harsh bitchslapping there.

Love the pixel-art. Can't wait for it to hit a 1$ bundle.
Humble Play and Create with Gamemaker bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • YoYo RPG
  • Another Perspective
  • WizardWizard
  • Spoiler Alert
  • Death Ray Manta
TIER 2: 6$
  • Gamemaker Studio Pro
  • Stealth Bastard Deluxe
  • Savant Ascent
  • Detective Case and Clown Bot in Murder in The Hotel Lisbon
  • 10 Second Ninja
  • Super Crate Box
  • source code to some tier 1 games
TIER 3: 12$
  • Game Maker Studio Android Export Module
  • More source code
  • Wasteland Kings
Gamemaker Studio Pro
Pretty low price for it. Ought to be a sweet deal for aspiring indie devs.

I just have too less knowledge to jump in on this. Would probably go Unity anyway once I felt like dabbling into game-deving.

Copons

I know of a easier way:

Become Serial Killer
Use your boat, go the sea
?????????????
Profit

That was easily the best series finale I've ever seen.

It was like slowing down to have a good look at the car accident in next lane, except instead of a car accident it's a trainwreck but involving a train somehow crashing onto a cruising airplane while the train driver was taking down helicopters with his rocket launcher while riding an Harley-Davidson on top of the train engine.

About GameMaker: of all the major sort-of-WYSIWYG game editors, it's the one I never felt confident enough to do anything at all.
Mapping is an unbelievable chore (at least it was in - IIRC - GM8 free) and the event editor isn't really straightforward.
It's a real pity though, as GM Pro alone costs 150$ and I don't know how much the Android export tool costs on top of that.

But I'd have loved to throw my hard earned cash toward a Construct 2 or even Stencyl, to some extent, bundle. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
yay gamemaker humble bundle

i'll never be shackled by the shitty steam version ever ever again!

def getting that 12usd tier for the android export, probably gonna get two copies

Nzyme32

In case it didn't get posted - Uplay is a little less shitty with a recent update:

news_1442220025_SteamFlow.png

No longer get thrown into the full client every time you open a Steam game
but it is actually still open in the background, has the shitty overlay, lack of Steam features, and even pops up when you finish the game - BUT this time it will take you to the game relevant page
- oh what a joy

Lomax

Spoiler Alert is a somewhat amusing game that is fairly easy to get 100% achievements on in less than an hour. Wouldn't say it's a good game though.

MUnited83

For you.
yay gamemaker humble bundle

i'll never be shackled by the shitty steam version ever ever again!

def getting that 12usd tier for the android export, probably gonna get two copies
What is the issue with Steam version? I thought you could use it without booting Steam.

Nabs

This doesn't seem to work ever since 1.07 update. There's a thread on CDPR forums with fixes for Inputmapper, but nothing for DS4Windows. :(

I don't know what I'm doing differently, but everything is fine on my end. I'm on the latest version through GOG and I have no problems with macros.

edit: I think people ran into issues because 1.07 introduced proper DS4 support, and that interfered with their macros.

Some stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Morningstar: Descent to Deadrock -- MB-048255BCC89B5262 - Taken by Tenrius
Angels of Fasaria RPG Plus MMORPG -- MB-47D4ADEEAE975EE9 - Taken by rainking187
Two Steps Back -- MB-CA79F53367AAC0F3 - Taken by Hektor
Journey Of The Light -- MB-3E58FB665157CBC9 - Taken by Belgarion
Cubetractor -- MB-ED01405B64367165 - Taken by Purkake4
Helena the 3rd -- MB-2CA47822451712D5 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Man Alive -- MB-0F719518EDEFE8A6 - Taken by SSPssp
Agapan -- MB-C6A1A256C9417D86 - Taken by Mikurden
The Apotheosis Project -- MB-AF96DD8D314195E7 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
12 Labours of Hercules -- MB-D518FED8F5A6F154 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-BA6A7A818CFC0E15 - Taken by Spirited

zkylon

zkylewd
What is the issue with Steam version? I thought you could use it without booting Steam.

you can't, actually. it's also always behind in updates and it has that really annoying launcher thing that says MAKE / PLAY. like who opens gamemaker to like find games. it's just a very annoying extra click u have to make

it's really bad, yoyo has steam-like sales in their site all the time, unless you're saoirse there's no reason to buy it on steam ever

also if you're into making games and crap it's a really nice tool even if you're an experienced programmer, tho prolly you'll hate how fast and loose it is with its javascript-esque code

i really like it, had to move to haxe cos i couldn't afford like 500 usd just to be able to port my games to other platforms, but i'd def stick with it if it wasn't for that

it's still very useful for fast prototyping

L.O.R.D

i am trying to get the new free game on origin , but everytime i open the client it require me to download 91mb update , and its very slow ( 76 kbps )

and finally after i log in , it tell me i am on offline mode and to go to online mode i need to restart
and it keep repeat and i am still on offline mode

Grief.exe

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/287700/leaderboards/502182?sr=1

So this is the situation about FOB at the moment. Konami doesn't give a fuck, and this is only FOB. They NEED to implement VAC on FOB AND MGO, otherwise that game is already dead.

MGSV's release has radicalized GAF.

There's a good chance they will take a look at it down the road, giving them ultimatums at 2 weeks post launch is absurd. Especially when they have launched 5 versions simultaneously.

Wait...I'm sorry

YOU CAN GET S RANKS BY RUNNJNG THROUGH MISSIONS WITH AN LMG. 0/10

#FuckKonami #FuckKojima

this is pretty easy to do. stop shaving. wear plaid (pro-tip: you are probably already wearing plaid). and assemble your own ikea furniture instead of paying them to do it for you

You just described me.

Yeah really dumb for MGSV to have leaderboards and no form of cheating control.

Sounds like every game with leaderboards or time trail times.

They may have anti cheat stuff for the actual multiplayer stuff but never for the leaderboards.

Well maybe not every, but that's the way it's been from my experience.

It's not radical to expect some sort of anti-cheat initiative, especially when the FOB has been built up as a key component of the game.

it's in their interests, too, since they're trying to sell FOB microtransactions to the user. So this mess of trying to save money on an anti-cheat system is actually costing them more in the end because no one is going to buy into a broken system.

Grief.exe

It's not radical to expect some sort of anti-cheat initiative, especially when the FOB has been built up as a key component of the game.

I agree completely, anti-cheat should be implemented as soon as possible and should be a requirement for MGO.

I was referring to the phrasing of the response, and others I have witnessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom