• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
MGSV's release has radicalized GAF.

There's a good chance they will take a look at it down the road, giving them ultimatums at 2 weeks post launch is absurd. Especially when they have launched 5 versions simultaneously.

Wait...I'm sorry

YOU CAN GET S RANKS BY RUNNJNG THROUGH MISSIONS WITH AN LMG. 0/10

#FuckKonami #FuckKojima

You just described me.
You're extremely optimistic if you actually think that. They didn't even finish the damn main game.

Edit: dang it, double post.

Ludens

Banned
I was referring to MGO. The game is already dead on PC if it launches without an anti-cheat system, but I think it's better discussing on how much I'm a radical, of course.

rtcn63

I'm playing MGS4 and the tranq pistol you get at the beginning is more OP than in MGSV. You don't even need to do a clean headshot to knock people out. There isn't a cover system though, which means you have to angle the camera like mad when moving to not be spotted.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

TY the Tasmanian Tiger 4

KfaDvcN.jpg

Nabs

Price of the soundtrack is uh...high?

It's looks like it contains every TY soundtrack.

Four collections of the music from the classic games (we’re counting the latest game in there) from the original composer, George Stamatiadis, with over 6 hours of TY music.
All your favorite tracks in one handy place, this pack is the combination of all previously released TY the Tasmanian Tiger soundtracks, and includes bonus tracks not available anywhere else.

Just sold my Type 0 pack for 9.80 on Steam. I paid like 20 bucks for that game.

Think I sold the mac earbuds for like 30 dollars back in the day though so I doubt I'll ever beat that.

Time to level up my badge instead of using that money for games!

MUnited83

For you.

has been added to BeMine #22

(JaseC am cry, but the rest of us at least get a +1 out of it)

I bought it recently in a 50%off sale worrying that it could be removed because it's both licensed and it doesn't actually load at all in many people's PC.
Oh well

Hinomura

Cave's first game on Steam will be Mushihimesama, due to arrive Winter 2015.
Wow :) have it on PS2, it is great :)

--

account.yoyogames.com is heavily hammered :D

Anyway I recommend Gamemaker to anyone at least slightly interested in game dev, but please do mind it's suited for 2d games.

You can use it pratically just with UI to make a game, but if you're interested to go deeper, the scripting language it uses is pretty simple and straightforward but allows pratically anything for a 2d game. There's a lot of info on GM, in its forum and around the web (as usual Google proves to be very useful).

The amount of succesful and/or very good Game Maker games on Steam is impressive considering other similar tools, let's start with Chubigans' Cook, Serve, Delicious and go on with: Hotline Miami, Risk of Rain, Valdis Story, Gunpoint, Nidhogg, Gods will be watching, and many many others, and even looking to the future there are very interesting game, like Death's Gambit (2d Dark Souls alike)...

Outside Steam games I advise to try the spanish games Hydorah (pratically Gradius), and Maldita Castilla (a sort of Ghosts 'n Goblins) which are free.

I had maybe one or two crashes in 20+ hours of Deadly Premonition on the 360.
The PC port is a travesty.
No kidding. It's unplayable for me, because the X/Y camera controls on the right 360 controller stick are reversed (e.g. up/down moves the camera left/right). Couldn't figure out how to fix it, so abandoned it and haven't played it since.

What was the verdict on the Advance Wars clone that came to Steam recently? It didn't seem to get a warm reception here but I can't remember why it wasn't good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom