• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am clicking the steam icon yet it doesn't open.
kunk-rum.gif

That happened to me like 1 month ago, the strange thing was that my PC froze like two times, I had to restart my modem and everything was fine!

fenners

Bundle trash!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Seeders -- MB-0857D3454FBB3699 - Taken by Sch1sm. 6 entrants total.
Protocol -- MB-94349B6B01896160 - Taken by Mikaju. 3 entrants total.
Quantum Flux -- MB-451F8EF77055A19A - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Steel & Steam Episode 1 -- MB-9944E144B3A2F6FD - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-8B1F3DE287DB4E04 - Taken by fertygo. 1 entrants total.
Moonlight Minions -- MB-8D8D1992747A669F - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Bermuda -- MB-82215F231D2A0ADE - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Steel & Steam Episode 1 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Broken Sword: Director's Cut was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Bermuda was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1442539837z1.png

L.O.R.D

it's set to just remove PSA 70% of the time. the rest of the time it picks a random hilarious substitute. hope you like Ancient Aliens.
"FEEL THE BERN", PSA changed to that for me
Yab, that's happened to me couple days ago when i made a thread, I quickly managed to change the title before any one post

yuraya

All of the Call of Duty games are garbage. Don't waste your money on them. Instead buy CS:GO and enjoy playing a good shooter.

zkylon

zkylewd
i didn't much like blops 2 either

i don't think blops 1 was a great game but i enjoyed my free weekends with it and the campaign was full of things i'm really into like all that secret cia stuff and that shitty helicopter sequence set to that stones song and WHAT DO THE NUMBERS MEAN and all that crap

it was cool

blops 2 campaign just didn't work for me cos future stuff was dumb and uninteresting. the branching paths would've been cool if i felt more like playing it again but i really didn't. also i think it was the only call of duty game to make u somewhat sympathetic of the villain, so i guess it has that going on for it

but i didn't like future guns so meh

Usually I'd agree but weirdly enough CoD is a single player series for me, never played any of the mp for longer than a few hours. And BO2's campaign is one of the best in the series.

Same here. I only play the single player part of CoD games. I have tried the multiplayer but i'm not good at it, will never be good at it, so I just ignore it. However BO2's story really didn't connect for me. I found it disappointing.

zkylon

zkylewd
tried a bit of the shovel knight dlc

hmm, not terribly feeling duckface guy's moveset, it's got some fun stuff but i don't think i want to play the whole game again right now

it's really nice that they made changes to the levels and the story and that it's all free tho

good on them

i mean, i can kind of see their point, it comes from a place of being tired of hype culture and tacked-on and half-assed features like multiplayer added to fatten up featurelists more than adding anything meaningful to the game, etc. and games are delayed over and over and they still come out broken or unpolished or whatever

unfortunately op chose to give their thread a shitty inflammatory title that doesn't really lead to ppl taking them seriously or wanting to have a conversation

Yeah fuck video games that work at launch and are good and stuff.

Those days are long gone.. :(

Someone on gaming side has a horrible opinion? What a shocker!

Lol indeed.

i mean, i can kind of see their point, it comes from a place of being tired of hype culture and tacked-on and half-assed features like multiplayer added to fatten up featurelists more than adding anything meaningful to the game, etc. and games are delayed over and over and they still come out broken or unpolished or whatever

unfortunately op chose to give their thread a shitty inflammatory title that doesn't really lead to ppl taking them seriously or wanting to have a conversation

The problem is, devs tend to announce release dates too early nowadays. Fallout 4 announcement is the perfect spot for me, only several months until release.
Things can go wrong in developments.

zkylon

zkylewd
The problem is, devs tend to announce release dates too early nowadays. Fallout 4 announcement is the perfect spot for me, only several months until release.
Things can go wrong in developments.
yeah, that's true

i also think the fact that delays haven't exactly translated into better games, at least not regularly enough, is another big factor

i don't think most ppl here would agree, but i actually really enjoy getting hyped for games and all the excitement around crazy e3 reveals and crap. i like it when they do lots of teasers and args and all that crap i don't have time to bother studying but i really like the expectation from these things, so i kind of don't mind the earlier announcements, but i think it would probably be a lot healthier for the industry if the marketing ppl chilled the fuck off lol

yeah, that's true

i also think the fact that delays haven't exactly translated into better games, at least not regularly enough, is another big factor

i don't think most ppl here would agree, but i actually really enjoy getting hyped for games and all the excitement around crazy e3 reveals and crap. i like it when they do lots of teasers and args and all that crap i don't have time to bother studying but i really like the expectation from these things, so i kind of don't mind the earlier announcements, but i think it would probably be a lot healthier for the industry if the marketing ppl chilled the fuck off lol

A lot of gamers/Gaffers are naive about gaming development. I mean I can see it with Pokemon Go, I saw it with the Wii. So many ideas that can not be realized, but people believe in it.
People believe in bullshot-trailer and even defend the devs saying "its still 1 year till then. I am sure it will look like that" (Division before the inevitable downgrade).
People thinking when a dev says "You can do everything", you really will be able to do everything.

Its not just marketing people. Its also the gamers who are at fault (concerning defending delays, bugs, bad games etc.).

Grief.exe

In what way does it not hold up? Its as good as ever to me.

There's just no variation.

Just hold ADS and hit various shooting galleries as you move from set piece to set piece. I was supremely bored.

Even if there was some kind of weapon or gameplay variation, I don't know how much impact it would have. Ultimately, you are shooting the same enemies over and over with a negligible TTK.

How many mainstream AAA games appeal to me though? I'm just not in the demographic.

Teeth

yeah, that's true

This is a weird statement since, well, i can guarantee that 100% of the time those delays led to better games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom