• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

Played the first level of plague knight
it was....interesting?
idk, the control felt weird, and the game become very hard
Those levels is not meant for the plague knight, they should make levels designed for him

I died many many times in the first level

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't know Hylics was out. It's only $3, coming to steam soon though.

%2BgYBkT.gif

What is the best weapon in a game?

I played TF2 with a guy that would make me believe the Ambassador was it. With the Dead Ringer and his uncanny capacity for headshots meant he was pretty much unkillable for the most part, especially in arena games--his favourite game mode. What a terrifying dude.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Pakkidis, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
The Original Strife: Veteran Edition -- MB-F509C6715B3F67C9 - Taken by Zeeman. 3 entrants total.
Super Motherload -- MB-448EF48633CA2A5C - Taken by me0wish. 12 entrants total.
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-00583A71622460B6 - Taken by Popstar. 2 entrants total.

t1442620240z1.png

So tomorrow is talk like a pirate day, so we should be getting a sale, right? I've been waiting months for the Monkey Island games to go 75% off again.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Any impressions of Satellite Reign around? I didn't realize that was out either. The scifi environments combined with the isometric perspective really does look good.

Thanks! Didn't know it had so much resource management, sounds fun.

Giant Bomb did a Quick Look of it if you want to see actual gameplay. If I wasn't knee-deep in other video content I probably would've watched it myself, 'cause SR sounds right up my alley.
Will watch when I'm not on mobile, thank you!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any impressions of Satellite Reign around? I didn't realize that was out either. The scifi environments combined with the isometric perspective really does look good.

From last month's OP:

gpZz3Ne.png

Satellite Reign - Uzzy
Satellite Reign is a class based, open world, real time tactics game from 5 Lives Studios. In the neon and rain soaked City of the future, you play as members of a new, emerging corporation, struggling to survive. You'll have to build up your power base within the city, influencing people to your cause and obtaining assets, through hacking, propaganda, infiltration or brute force. Your eventual target: Dracogenics, a megacorp with the monopoly on immortality. Take them down and end their monopoly on immortality, freeing the poor oppressed masses, or ruling over them as you see fit.

I never get tired of seeing the ambiance of a desolate cityscape, cast in floods of rain and neon, with skyscrapers rising into the heavens far above the dispossessed squalor below. Satellite Reign's city is a fascinating example of this, but it's not just a pretty aesthetic. It's a massive open world, with masses of options for you to engage with. You'll have this constant list of needs, such as money to buy upgrades, to pay for cloned agents (no permadeath of your agents here), technological resources , researchers to develop your latest gadgets, and a variety of missions for you to try and sate those needs, with a ton of different ways of going about them. Your agents all have different classes, but you can tool them out with equipment and augmentations to suit your desired playstyle. It's a spiritual successor to Syndicate, and from what I've seen, it more than lives up to that classic name. Two great cyberpunk games in one month? I'm in mirrorshade heaven.

L.O.R.D

you guys remember Unearthed ?
the arabic uncharted game

the developer "semaphore" today announced 3 games on gamers day in saudi arabia

https://instagram.com/p/7vDiHMOvza/

this game called "above normal" "فوق طبيعي"
its a first person horror game

the second game is open world game

https://instagram.com/p/7vDgVluvzV/

its called the badia which mean "the country town"

and the final game of course is the episode 2 of unearthed

they said they learned from the first game , and they are making the new game in new engine , UE3

i think thet are all coming to PS4 and maybe steam

Coldsun

Banned
I hid the game name since it can be used to trace back the person who did the giveaway, and I don't want to out that person unless it's ok to do so.
I won the key a couple months ago, so it's strange that it got revoked now.

What can you do? Nothing.
Take the hit (-1) to your game count list and move along.

Sucks but I'm sure it's happened to others around here too.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I hid the game name since it can be used to trace back the person who did the giveaway, and I don't want to out that person unless it's ok to do so.

Maybe it was from G2A or something. You should probably PM the person to see if they can contact the site to get a new key or a refund.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I'm down. I actually enjoyed Unearthed.

Popstar

Some spares.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Popstar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat -- MB-A92202BCC125A050 - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon Age: Origins -- MB-C6056217CEB73933 - Taken by Sammichu. 2 entrants total.
Torchlight II -- MB-5FAFA53B16A12015 - Taken by kudoboi. 4 entrants total.
Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION -- MB-BB4E06E65452CFF3 - Taken by fuzzy123. 3 entrants total.

t1442620780z1.png

shockdude

Maybe it was from G2A or something. You should probably PM the person to see if they can contact the site to get a new key or a refund.
Sent a PM to the giver, thanks.
What can you do? Nothing.
Take the hit (-1) to your game count list and move along.

Sucks but I'm sure it's happened to others around here too.
Will do. It was a game that I was actually planning to play, but oh well.

Locust

What's there to "out". I doubt anyone is carding games for mudbutt fame.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Allison Road Kickstarter launches 21st September 5:30pm GMT, 1:30PM EST, 10:30am PST

Hi all!!
We're fiiiiinnnaaaaaalllly ready to launch our Kickstarter campaign.
Super exciting, but of course also kind of scary.
We'll be going live on Monday at 5:30pm GMT; but will definitely post here again then of course.

Please check out our campaign and if you'd like to support our little project please get one of our cooool rewards and help spread the word :)

Thanks a lot, have a good weekend and I'll see you on Monday!! :)

Uzzy

I said some more on it in last months thread, when someone asked how it compared to Shadowrun.

Me said:
Well, to start with, Satellite Reign is a real time tactics game, in an open world city, not turn based set in smaller zones. So that's one very big difference.

As you mentioned, the atmosphere of the game is quite wonderful, and totally nails the cyberpunk aesthetic. The mish-mash of cultures, languages adds to the feeling of alienation, emphasised by calling the city 'The City'. The music is fantastic, and again helps add to the wonderful atmosphere. It's a beautifully grim place to look around.

The story of Satellite Reign is almost an excuse plot. There's an evil megacorp and you're out to take them down. What you're really playing Satellite Reign for is the gameplay, and I have to admit that I've been really impressed by it. Each of your 4 agents have their own unique class and skills to utilise to complete your objectives. So far the objectives have mostly been 'get an agent into x building', but you've got a range of options on how to do that. Sneak your way in, hack some security cameras, hijack some guards to aid you, or just kick in the front door and kill everything that moves. It's great when you make a plan and pull it off, but it's an even better feeling when your plan goes wrong and you adapt successfully to still pull it off.

There's a lot of upgrades for your agents too, not just in skills, but in cyberwear, gear and weapons. Just getting a new weapon isn't enough though, you need to research the ability to replicate it to give it to the rest of your team and future clones. So you need researchers, which in turn need money to perform r&d to get you those upgrades. Basically you have to set up your own corporate production line to get your team really rolling, but there's a great sense of progression. You start off with agents packing puny sub-machine guns, but end up with heavily armoured troopers packing plasma rifles.

I'm really enjoying it, but it's very different from Shadowrun. If you combined Shadowrun's writing team with Satellite Reign's open world and tactical flexibility, you'd have a masterpiece on your hands.

When I finish MGSV, I'm heading straight back to it. Really enjoyed my time with it.

RS4-

The only time I've had that happen to me is when some trader was scamming people, buying stuff with a stolen CC lol.

Someone on GAF traded with the same guy I did, he lost a game as well :(

hohoXD123

https://instagram.com/p/7vDiHMOvza/

this game called "above normal" "فوق طبيعي"
its a first person horror game

the second game is open world game

https://instagram.com/p/7vDgVluvzV/

its called the badia which mean "the country town"

and the final game of course is the episode 2 of unearthed

they said they learned from the first game , and they are making the new game in new engine , UE3

i think thet are all coming to PS4 and maybe steam
Those cold, dead eyes are pretty creepy.
GOTG

GaussTek

Spare:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Masterspace -- MB-2BDC9DDBB18A1F4F - Taken by Kurt Russell

Woah, woah, woah. Just when I was forgetting about the witness this trailer is blowing my mind. The music :O
The non-moving "head" gives me Myst feels.
The Long Dank got updated

features forging and metal crafting so u can craft knives and shit

also new weather system, you can set objects down now and there's a new menu for ur status

also a new area to surbibe
Pretty substantial update, metal forging. Making real nice progress,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom