• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
But how long until it gets C&D'd?

word, what these fan remakers should do is just keep their mouths shut and release it when its done cause otherwise its gonna get C&D'd. If you're ITCHING to just show your work just be like "yo guys, look at these pieces of art that i made from [insert game], im not remaking it or anything, just had some spare time" and then BOOM, DROP DEM BOMBS!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Job the Leprechaun -- MB-2F56414F1BFEF45A - Taken by crazyrabbits
Ted by Dawn -- MB-4926F98F949ECDDD - Taken by hedmunky84
Super Cyborg -- MB-2E5612E257C5B440 - Taken by rainking187

Dsyndrome

Man I wish I understand this alienware giveaway thingie, sucks.
fc,800x800,navy.u1.jpg
I won for the first time today.

MattyG

Banned
So I just bought the $15 Total War Humble Bundle and Attila. Problem is, I've never played a TW game. I mean, I played Shogun 2 for an hour or two when I first built my PC. I was terrible and got discouraged. I love the concept, but I had a hard time learning the game. Can anyone point me to a good guide for beginners? I really want to get into the series, especially before Total Warhammer.

Does anyone know where the save files are on Steam? I want to take them out so I can show my friend the intro.
Save of what?
So I just bought the $15 Total War Humble Bundle and Attila. Problem is, I've never played a TW game. I mean, I played Shogun 2 for an hour or two when I first built my PC. I was terrible and got discouraged. I love the concept, but I had a hard time learning the game. Can anyone point me to a good guide for beginners? I really want to get into the series, especially before Total Warhammer.
Every game is different, I've only played Rome 2 extensively, I could give you some tips if you want.

Sch1sm

I just played the game because of the new hitboxes.

*shrug*

I would prefer if people play their games but, that sounds like crazy talk at this point.

Dream on, dreamer.

yeah, but what you do at the stream?

!atp

!atp

!ticket 1

!atp

Exo is right. !atp so you stay active in the chat.

If it's the vault, then it's all about !ticket command. Bye-bye ATP. Really you don't have to do anything else.

Since you paid pennies for the games buy the gore dlc. Adds a lot of physicality to the battles, dozens of new animations, etc.

Should be free and a launch feature but such is life.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I hid the game name since it can be used to trace back the person who did the giveaway, and I don't want to out that person unless it's ok to do so.
I won the key a couple months ago, so it's strange that it got revoked now.

This normally only happens when someone buys a game with a stolen credit card. An innocent explanation would be to buy the game from a trader who used a stolen credit card. You don't necessarily need to do anything. It's a bummer it happened to you, sorry to hear that.

Your infantry exist to die while archers exist to win. Beware cavalry. Make extensive use of cover and vantage points for this to hold true, so every battle can be a variant on 300.

Oh, and boat battles are too cool but get weird when vessels close in on eachother and then the battles go to hell.

I don't understand how to play Total War-styled games either.

^Last I played, Roman legionnaires are OP af, if you don't care about about losses, you could easily build an all-infantry legion and straight rush enemy AI.
Anything helpful tips would be welcome and appreciated! Rome 2 is actually the one I want to play most, because I love that period.
Ranged infantry goes front, but don't put them in melee range, learn when to pull back. Calvary is good at charging weak units like the ranged infantry, most damage are from the impact, not melee attack, don't engage them with usual infantry however, they suck at melee. Morale is very important, when you see an unit's icon is blinking, pull them back so they might recover. Divide and conquer, route as many weaker enemy units as you could, so you can spare units for stronger enemies, also use choke points in city battles. Friendly fire is a thing, beware where you shoot. There are some special units you could only recruit from conquered lands, so click around. Too little happiness would cause revolts, prepare to kill the rebels or lower taxes and build some buildings to raise happiness.

Oh and choose your starting nation wisely, some started with powerful nations as neighbors, you won't last many turns if you're not good at TW.

MattyG

Banned
Your infantry exist to die while archers exist to win. Beware cavalry. Make extensive use of cover and vantage points for this to hold true, so every battle can be a variant on 300.

Oh, and boat battles are too cool but get weird when vessels close in on eachother and then the battles go to hell.

I don't understand how to play Total War-styled games either.

^Last I played, Roman legionnaires are OP af, if you don't care about about losses, you could easily build an all-infantry legion and straight rush enemy AI.

Ranged infantry goes front, but don't put them in melee range, learn when to pull back. Calvary is good at charging weak units like the ranged infantry, most damage are from the impact, not melee attack, don't engage them with usual infantry however, they suck at melee. Morale is very important, when you see an unit's icon is blinking, pull them back so they might recover. Divide and conquer, route as many weaker enemy units as you could, so you can spare units for stronger enemies, also use choke points in city battles. Friendly fire is a thing, beware where you shoot. There are some special units you could only recruit from conquered lands, so click around. Too little happiness would cause revolts, prepare to kill the rebels or lower taxes and build some buildings to raise happiness.

Oh and choose your starting nation wisely, some started with powerful nations as neighbors, you won't last many turns if you're not good at TW.
Awesome, I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow. Hopefully it clicks now that I have these strategies.

gabbo

you guys remember Unearthed ?
the arabic uncharted game

the developer "semaphore" today announced 3 games on gamers day in saudi arabia

https://instagram.com/p/7vDiHMOvza/

this game called "above normal" "فوق طبيعي"
its a first person horror game

the second game is open world game

https://instagram.com/p/7vDgVluvzV/

its called the badia which mean "the country town"

and the final game of course is the episode 2 of unearthed

they said they learned from the first game , and they are making the new game in new engine , UE3

i think thet are all coming to PS4 and maybe steam

As much as the game got shit on, I pull for devs like this juts to get a different take on such game styles.

Popstar

Fall cleaning.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat -- MB-430AC54FDBDDCD9C - Taken by eyeless. 4 entrants total.
UFO: Aftermath -- MB-9FD2EB3E16907013 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.
Sinking Island -- MB-99622E07D3EABA07 - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum -- MB-99FC41A64A485129 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
140 -- MB-4CAFD9AE37C5789B - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.

t1442639982z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yes there will be mobile port on Steam one day XD

I think Valve missed the boat. There was probably an opening around 2010 for leveraging Steam's brand to do a non-Google app store, at least for games that have mobile and PC versions. But they didn't and the time is past.

dex3108

I think Valve missed the boat. There was probably an opening around 2010 for leveraging Steam's brand to do a non-Google app store, at least for games that have mobile and PC versions. But they didn't and the time is past.

I don;t think that Valve ever wanted to enter mobile market race. They can barely manage one store imagine if they had to manage other one too (mobile store users is even more hostile than PC users). But Valve could still be big on mobile if they implement In-House Streaming to their mobile app and/ore make mobile app extended version of Steam Client (you can use it as remote for music/videos, gamepad, extended screen for developers...). Something like PlayStation companion app.

Coldsun

Banned

Valve couldn't of missed a boat that they were never trying to catch. Theyve shown zero interest in being a mobile content provider. They are focused on pc media (originally just games but apparently other forms of media now). Splitting efforts between 2 markets and completing against Google's marketplace would most certainly of stretched them far thinner.

Tizoc

Dragon Quest 7 has just been released in English
(for IOS)
We're getting that sooner or later, aren't we?

Nice is the translation good and the usual punny style?

I don't get why S-E's DQ division have a stick up their ass, just put all DQ iOS games besides 8 on Steam and watch the money roll in.

Popstar

+1s
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Super Chain Crusher Horizon -- MB-E49984AA988FFF4A - Taken by Loptous
Project Root -- MB-7766BA80560B360B - Taken by Vuze
The Clans - Saga of the Twins Deluxe Edition -- MB-66F236089B23CE19 - Taken by Deques

Tizoc

Found a trader who is offering Eschatos Wonder Pack for $14, will get it before its discount ends.

Also seems that new Type-0 game will be released worldwide?

zugzug

wow steam tightened down the screws on requesting refunds on games that are outside that 2 week limit. I kept reading stories of how they are helpful beyond the limits just submit your request and explain.

my first ever steam refund request was for two games I bought at same time H1Z1 and Ark:Survival both were discounted at the time. its been 4 weeks since I bought both games in that time I've only played H1Z1 once for 21 minutes and i haven't even booted Ark:Survival once so far.

WoW fuck you steam refund guy who denied me.

Deques

wow steam tightened down the screws on requesting refunds on games that are outside that 2 week limit. I kept reading stories of how they are helpful beyond the limits just submit your request and explain.

my first ever steam refund request was for two games I bought at same time H1Z1 and Ark:Survival both were discounted at the time. its been 4 weeks since I bought both games in that time I've only played H1Z1 once for 21 minutes and i haven't even booted Ark:Survival once so far.

WoW fuck you steam refund guy who denied me.

They always had 2 weeks limit or up two hours play time. It was only when they introduced refunding that they would refund games that were bought up to six months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom