• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a trader who is offering Eschatos Wonder Pack for $14, will get it before its discount ends.

Also seems that new Type-0 game will be released worldwide?

It is under consideration for that, but it's a mobile game as well. I have no interest towards it :/

Coreda

Anyone know what regions have activation restrictions for the retail MGSV Phantom Pain Steam keys, or where I'd find a list?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Chinese mythos is quite expansive.

With that said, I'm kinda worried, are the old Ensemble gang still around?

Finally
yotsuba-reaction-guys-parody.jpg

Jawmuncher

Now consider 2nd Chapter+LiS Finale all on the same week
Could we survive it GAF?

We'll survive because it's not gonna happen.

Also more realistically yes regardless. Last time takes came out we were all pretty jRPG lacking, not to mention we had our Russian traders still. This time though both of those things aren't there. So for steamGAF side Trails 2 isn't going to be as big of a deal as trails1 was. Looking at the friends list with people who have more time than just idling the cards speaks volumes.

Spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Ted by Dawn -- MB-B1DE756B4056BEBF - Taken by Kifimbo
Oniken -- MB-EB2E25940F4090C9 - Taken by Boss Doggie
Rooms: The Main Building -- MB-D9DB6017F2FF77D7 - Taken by Knurek
Super Cyborg -- MB-B3E653BB4810A074 - Taken by Hektor
Job the Leprechaun -- MB-71BA771C7BAB0E5A - Taken by redlacs
Masterspace -- MB-55A1352FE3F13A90 - Taken by Purkake4
Stick RPG 2: Director's Cut -- MB-8364876945562FE8 - Taken by someguyinahat

Teppic

The code has probably expired.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones -- MB-81F692F7E741D744 - Taken by darkchewie - Taken by oipic

oipic

Well, that's super-embarrassing. :/

With apologies to Teppic, and to the SteamGAF family, it seems I have this in my library already... so, ahem, here it is again:

Instructions for participants: I am giving away a Steam key (rather, Teppic is). To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Definitely no need to thank me! I am a fool! Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones -- MB-81F692F7E741D744 - Taken by darkchewie

Cool! Stick RPG 2! It'll be nice to finally check out the full version after playing it on flash years ago.

...No Steam achievements for a game like this is quite the bizarre decision though.

gar3

Hello all,

I have a game performance issue that's been driving me crazy for a while and I just can't take it anymore. If there is a better location for the question just let me know. Basically, Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider III, and Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation cause my screen to either flip 180 degrees or 90 degrees while playing. This started last year while I was playing Tomb Raider II. I made it through the opening level without issue but as soon as I got to the Venice section the screen would flip and the game would eventually crash. Thinking it was just my bad luck I recently started playing The Last Revelation and it too does the same thing. I noticed the problem occurs almost universally whenever there is combat. If enemies are on the screen and I have my guns drawn and a-blazin' the screen will probably flip and eventually crash. And just yesterday I have run into an issue where finding a secret area/item will cause the screen to go black and the game to freeze. Basically, I can no longer play the PC versions of Tomb Raider :-( Using a line-out with either VGA or Mini DisplayPort yields the same issues as well on both screens.

Lenovo ThinkPad T440p
Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit
Intel i5-4300M
Intel HD Graphics 4600
16GB RAM

Any thoughts, ideas, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lain

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Sword of the Samurai -- MB-FC4CC1B210AABB85 - Taken by Loptous
POOF -- MB-09B31FFAC2659E1E - Taken by fertygo
Evoland -- MB-927DDCDAA0C853AF - Taken by MaxiLive
Teslagrad -- MB-1207B1B1C1625CA7 - Taken by Vuze
Dream Tale -- MB-A7C92664CEAECA56 - Taken by pantsattack
Venetica Gold Edition -- MB-7D168CB11CFB768B - Taken by bloke
Cargo 3 -- MB-85C9E889FECE92C3 - Taken by xGreg
Predator Simulator -- MB-0597E74711383B49 - Taken by NingenJanai
xheRJRF.gif
Damnation -- MB-12ABB67C9DBF6DE8 - Taken by Belgarion
Synonymy -- MB-6AACB8CA465B0ADC - Taken by bobnowhere
Moonbase 332 -- MB-125C934709925BBD - Taken by fuzzy123

Stuffy stuff.

Vuze

Hello all,

I have a game performance issue that's been driving me crazy for a while and I just can't take it anymore. If there is a better location for the question just let me know. Basically, Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider III, and Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation cause my screen to either flip 180 degrees or 90 degrees while playing. This started last year while I was playing Tomb Raider II. I made it through the opening level without issue but as soon as I got to the Venice section the screen would flip and the game would eventually crash. Thinking it was just my bad luck I recently started playing The Last Revelation and it too does the same thing. I noticed the problem occurs almost universally whenever there is combat. If enemies are on the screen and I have my guns drawn and a-blazin' the screen will probably flip and eventually crash. And just yesterday I have run into an issue where finding a secret area/item will cause the screen to go black and the game to freeze. Basically, I can no longer play the PC versions of Tomb Raider :-( Using a line-out with either VGA or Mini DisplayPort yields the same issues as well on both screens.

Lenovo ThinkPad T440p
Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit
Intel i5-4300M
Intel HD Graphics 4600
16GB RAM

Any thoughts, ideas, or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Did you try windowed or borderless windowed mode? I assume you have been playing in exclusive fullscreen.
Stuffy stuff.
Thanks!

gar3

Did you try windowed or borderless windowed mode? I assume you have been playing in exclusive fullscreen.
I've tried every resolution and in windowed mode as well. It seems 640x480 not in windowed mode works the best.
Googled and found this: "Disable Intel Hotkeys using Control panel icon at the system tray area."
After disabling Intel Hotkeys Revelations wouldn't even boot, heh. After a quick system restart keeping hotkeys disabled the latest issue with the hidden area/item crashing is no longer crashing. Hopefully this did the trick. I'll play around some more but at least I have hope now. Thank You!

L.O.R.D

That's Trouser Snake so this counts as MGS talk

MGS4 Act 3
starts with a trailing mission. It sucks and keeps me from wanting to continue. I've beaten the game before, for the record.

i remember that mission , i didn't know what i am doing at first

Accoun

MGS4 Act 3
starts with a trailing mission. It sucks and keeps me from wanting to continue. I've beaten the game before, for the record.

I liked that part of the chapter. It's the rest that I didn't.
Or at least the chase segment. The boss was my least favorite from the game, but it's still better than the chase.
I love the end cutscene, though.

Knurek

Game changer alert, newest Windows 10 insider build finally removes the ridiculous 512 entries only for Start menu restriction.
Of course, with Microsoft being Microsoft, the limit has not been completely removed. Instead the system will stop adding new entries after hitting 2048 entires. But well, something is something.

rtcn63

MGS4. My biggest complaint so far
is the brightness. With the in-game settings jacked up to max, it's still very difficult to see outside of daylight compared to MGSV. And being an early last-gen title, the bloom and graininess is pervasive, so it's like there's Vaseline on your screen at all times.

Without the Solid Eye enabled (which marks items, turns on the minimap radar, and toggles night vision), you're playing the game almost completely blind. Now, it does try and teach you to not rely on the Eye too much, but on audiovisual cues in the environment... which becomes somewhat moot when you can't even tell what's directly in front you so often, especially at night.

The trailing mission highlights this flaw, since you're forced to play it in the dark, and stopping to let the Eye recharge its battery can mean losing the person you're following. Without night vision toggled, I simply can't see him or make out the environment.

Also the game is nowhere near as fun as MGSV. Not even close.

Deitus

MGS4. My biggest complaint so far
is the brightness. With the in-game settings jacked up to max, it's still very difficult to see outside of daylight compared to MGSV.

I'd argue that MGSV is too bright at night. Maybe I didn't mess with the brightness settings enough, but it doesn't feel like visibility is diminished at all at nighttime.

I'm not saying I want to have to use night vision goggles to see where I'm walking at night, but at the very least it should be difficult to spot enemies at a distance at midnight without them. But maybe my Gamma settings are to high.

Parsnip

I'd argue that MGSV is too bright at night. Maybe I didn't mess with the brightness settings enough, but it doesn't feel like visibility is diminished at all at nighttime.

I'm not saying I want to have to use night vision goggles to see where I'm walking at night, but at the very least it should be difficult to spot enemies at a distance at midnight without them. But maybe my Gamma settings are to high.

Yup.
The brightness calibration in the game is useless too, "adjust so you can see both images", because whether I set it to 0 or 10, I can see both of the images just fine. So I just left it to 5. But that leaves night definitely too bright, but I also don't want to mess with it too much. Ground Zeroes was a lot darker by comparison.

rtcn63

I had to use NVG during night missions, but you may have a point. The only time I had to up the brightness on my monitor (not in-game) in MGSV was when I had to follow someone's footprints in the dirt. I guess they didn't want the game to be too dark, both to highlight the graphics at night, and because there tends to be a lot more going on than in previous games.

Still, MGS4 is terrible because it's dark, grainy, and that overbearing bloom. A losing combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom