• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

I can't find the PC help thread so maybe you guys can help me or point me in a direction.

I have a Radeon 5850 and hdmi cord to a 1080p monitor. It has worked for years but now from the screen shows a squished 1080p in the middle of the screen and a bout 2 or 3 inches of black on either side. What is going on!?

Check your amd control panel for underscan/overscan settings and see if those got reset with driver update or something.

Tenrius

I finished Might & Magic III today and holy crap was that fantastic. Took about 30 hours in total, was a bit on the easy side though, but the sense of exploration and discovery was unmatched by most other RPGs I played. Looking forward to playing World of Xeen and MM6 eventually (this one I actually have on Steam, the rest of the games are on GOG).

This inspired me to post athread about an awesome YouTube retro gaming channel, check it out: Hermit in the Forest: YouTube unboxings of retro PC games... in the forest. Basically, a guy films a few retro game unboxings each week (big boxes and all), and he does it in the woods for some reason. It's legitimately the only way to look inside many rare old PC games's boxes without getting your own copy.

I can't find the PC help thread so maybe you guys can help me or point me in a direction.

I have a Radeon 5850 and hdmi cord to a 1080p monitor. It has worked for years but now from boot, the screen shows a squished 1080p in the middle of the screen and a bout 2 or 3 inches of black on either side. What is going on!?

Put overscan to 0% in the Catalyst control panel, it's probably at 10%, it happens sometimes to me when I update to new drivers.

Check your amd control panel for underscan/overscan settings and see if those got reset with driver update or something.

Put overscan to 0% in the Catalyst control panel, it's probably at 10%, it happens sometimes to me when I update to new drivers.

I just tried that, that takes away the black bar at the top and bottom but the middle is still a squished square instead of a 16x9 aspect ratio.

A new driver is out I am downloading

Pakkidis

Decided to bite on the weekly Humble Bundle for Game Maker pro. Seemed like too good of a value to pass up. Some extras for all of you. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pakkidis:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-77AD550A6DD9054B - Taken by L.O.R.D. 3 entrants total.
Savant Ascent -- MB-F4DC87B01992975D - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.

t1442695124z1.png

Dsyndrome

Beat Stasis, took around 10 hours or so not counting idling. Highly recommended for anyone that was a fan of Sanitarium. I'd say it's a little more difficult, but still fun.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for The_Super_Inframan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 52 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ted by Dawn -- MB-7D3D67DB4EFDD69D - Taken by lindarasta. 2 entrants total.
Job the Leprechaun -- MB-649B31AE1B7F6D5C - Taken by SSPssp. 3 entrants total.
Squarelands -- MB-244DE51AA03CC000 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 4 entrants total.
Pester -- MB-94B9A21196853556 - Taken by Jazz573. 4 entrants total.
PeriAreion -- MB-6098DFEFF66F1688 - Taken by rainking187
CT Special Forces Fire for Effect -- MB-3B1402DEC2E749A8 - Taken by Javier23. 2 entrants total.
The Apotheosis Project -- MB-4FBBBD23D3FCF60B - Taken by rainking187. 5 entrants total.
Volstead -- MB-BB7173E93896AF28 - Taken by darkchewie. 4 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-0C144C1B8A22C2F2 - Taken by fertygo. 1 entrants total.
Storm over the Pacific -- MB-F3F8C5581802DFAE - Taken by Belgarion
Luckslinger -- MB-96712B847626DEB1 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 8 entrants total.
No Time To Explain Remastered -- MB-8A96CF380FB02BF7 - Taken by Last Baron. 12 entrants total.
Oniken -- MB-D7561B5347C788B6 - Taken by Popstar. 9 entrants total.
Super Cyborg -- MB-8843E97006BEFE44 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 5 entrants total.
Space Robot Samurai Zombie Slayer -- MB-A0772E7BCCFB00E2 - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
Nyctophobia -- MB-C4589455B86EE94B - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.
Real Warfare 1242 -- MB-6184C733EEDE87B6 - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
AIR GUARDIANS -- MB-1B54D96A865BABEB - Taken by Hektor
Go Home Rage incoming -- MB-9928758217C3EB8C - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.
Super Star Path -- MB-EE1A9B495F5AA176 - Taken by GaussTek. 6 entrants total.
The Apogee Throwback Pack -- MB-D390FAC205E8FE44 - Taken by Anastasia. 13 entrants total.
Absconding Zatwor -- MB-77B80AB1E1D224E6 - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.
Moonbase 332 -- MB-3D7CBB85BCF6949B - Taken by drakaenae. 4 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-36E9492D055405CB
Synonymy -- MB-F91BE8E0D9286C76 - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
Abandoned -- MB-8C10E27CABC6B253 - Taken by ExoSoul. 4 entrants total.
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-1C9A3E48AF59D537 - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.

Meridian New World -- MB-064981AA3841B2C5 - Taken by anastef. 2 entrants total.
Power-Up -- MB-2ED544FAF82AB9B1 - Taken by Mixed2k. 1 entrants total.
Desert Thunder -- MB-D6A64898D75604D9 - Taken by jgalat. 2 entrants total.
Rats - Time is running out! -- MB-5FCCC16B6E31E208 - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
Vortex -- MB-A9E99C2849C6EE85 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Stick RPG 2 Director's Cut -- MB-C5481BD41BA7AD91 - Taken by Blu(e). 4 entrants total.
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-A59618E4C819982F - Taken by Tenrius
The Falling Sun -- MB-6B1BF54544AA70F0 - Taken by C4rter. 4 entrants total.
Hyper Fighters -- MB-9BC3A21B6D258A94 - Taken by xGreg. 4 entrants total.
12 Labours of Hercules -- MB-423422AA230BF5C4 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
Super Motherload -- MB-5B2C3ECCC918194A - Taken by bkw. 7 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
The Original Strife Veteran Edition -- MB-A6F156FA32B8C34F - Taken by Accoun. 4 entrants total.
Sword of the Samurai -- MB-CAF6A79272A06639 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 4 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-C77185B3CA869C7C
Protocol -- MB-6E5FA426E1C1B2EC - Taken by texhnolyze
Undead Shadows -- MB-98CC49B6B636AB84 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Moonlight Minions -- MB-DEE5138D9F00BA3A - Taken by Arthea. 2 entrants total.
Two Steps Back -- MB-2AD049B91B34D6CA - Taken by Mikurden. 4 entrants total.
Hamlet -- MB-DB35FF0901F7DBA5 - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Chicken Shoot Gold -- MB-73262B4934C03AAF - Taken by anastef
xheRJRF.gif
One Day for Ched -- MB-31567B7F9E0FF98D - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Albedo Eyes from Outer Space -- MB-7E6DAF8B6CDCAE91 - Taken by pantsattack. 2 entrants total.
Z.A.R. -- MB-9B406064331DFE89 - Taken by xGreg
Spectraball -- MB-8AF665A28A9DCBE2 - Taken by KenOD. 8 entrants total.
Indie Assault -- MB-F1A8452E33A5F676 - Taken by Hektor. 1 entrants total.
MANOS The Hands of Fate - Director's Cut -- MB-2865B62A4342265F - Taken by dot. 8 entrants total.

t1442695724z1.png

The Original Strife is a Steam key too, Modbot is just a bit dumb :p

Nillansan

Else Heart.Break() Launch Trailer.

I am really looking forward to this one. The game was announced back in 2012 and I've been following its development for some time now. It features art and music from El Huervo, who contributed to both the Hotline Miami soundtracks. Given the description it sounds like a good time.

• An expansive 3D world, begging to be explored.
  • Many hours of engaging story, set in a meticulously simulated city, with people that feel truly alive.
  • A challenging game where your actions matter and nothing can ever be unsaid or undone.
  • Tons of every-day objects and computers that work and can be modified.
  • A laid-back experience where you can just go to the café and have a coffee whenever things get too hectic.
  • A delicious soundtrack with over 50 songs.

Coreda

I am really looking forward to this one. The game was announced back in 2012 and I've been following its development for some time now. It features art and music from El Huervo, who contributed to both the Hotline Miami soundtracks. Given the description it sounds like a good time.

Oh man, I've been waiting for this game to release for a while. Hyyype yo.

Edit: Someone should make an OT for the game as there's no one attached to it in the OT OT thread.

Dsyndrome

Yeah, on my PSP back in 2011 or whenever it was that it came out -_-

I got it on Steam solely for the achievements; it looking better graphically was just icing on the cake. Reminds me that I need to keep at it, currently at the farm with the rat-looking things.

Posted about it some days ago, I just discovered about this game recently but I also excited for it.

Omega

Banned
Got my shadow case in less than 10 minutes. #blessed

You should open it.

You don't even play the game which means you'll most likely get StatTrak Shadow Daggers.

Depending on how low your hours are, probably Crimson Web which would probably be worth around $7000.

Knurek

I finished Might & Magic III today and holy crap was that fantastic. Took about 30 hours in total, was a bit on the easy side though, but the sense of exploration and discovery was unmatched by most other RPGs I played. Looking forward to playing World of Xeen and MM6 eventually (this one I actually have on Steam, the rest of the games are on GOG).

Stick with the GOG version of Might & Magic 6, and don't forget to use community patch.
Game is a completely different beast with mouselook.
Also, World of Xeen is amazing, and the fact that Ubi killed the series just because MMX didn't sell like Skyrim is genuinely sad.

Caerith

Im about to start my first play through of Vampires: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. Any things I should keep in mind or do?

I think "don't play Malkavian on your first time" and "don't play Nosferatu on your first time" are two pieces of advice I've seen thrown about. Also seriously fan patch.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Pakkidis, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-77AD550A6DD9054B - Taken by L.O.R.D. 3 entrants total.
Savant Ascent -- MB-F4DC87B01992975D - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.

t1442695124z1.png

Tenrius

Stick with the GOG version of Might & Magic 6, and don't forget to use community patch.
Game is a completely different beast with mouselook.
Also, World of Xeen is amazing, and the fact that Ubi killed the series just because MMX didn't sell like Skyrim is genuinely sad.

Something I really liked about MM3 is how tight it was: small dungeons, manageable world size, moderate length. A bit worried about World of Xeen ended up feeling bloated, some people seem to think so. Just launched it and explored Vertigo for a bit and it's a HUGE area by MM3 standards.

Im about to start my first play through of Vampires: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. Any things I should keep in mind or do?

You probably shouldn't pick Malkavian or Nosferatu for your first playthrough, because playing as those clans dramatically changes the game.

Knurek

Oh wow, just by disabling Aero/desktop compositions I went from somewhat shakey 1080p30 (with some framepacing issues here and there) to smooth as butter 1080p60 in Witcher 3. With same graphical settings

I mean... How is this possible? Wasn't Aero supposed to be basically cost free on just about anything other than Intel GPUs?

Got the patch and Im ready to go! Im finally weaning off of dota so I can knock out some more of this backlog. I think Im going to knock out Bloodlines then finally immerse myself in Stalker SoC. Eventually I'll get back to Alien: Isolation and
Marc Ecko's: Getting Up

Uzzy

Download the fan patch. Don't do mods on your first time. Don't play Malkavian or Nosferatu for your first time. Save that girl in the hospital. Dialogue options are great and all but don't entirely neglect combat.

Don't open it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 52 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Ted by Dawn -- MB-7D3D67DB4EFDD69D - Taken by lindarasta. 2 entrants total.
Job the Leprechaun -- MB-649B31AE1B7F6D5C - Taken by SSPssp. 3 entrants total.
Squarelands -- MB-244DE51AA03CC000 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 4 entrants total.
Pester -- MB-94B9A21196853556 - Taken by Jazz573. 4 entrants total.
PeriAreion -- MB-6098DFEFF66F1688 - Taken by rainking187
CT Special Forces Fire for Effect -- MB-3B1402DEC2E749A8 - Taken by Javier23. 2 entrants total.
The Apotheosis Project -- MB-4FBBBD23D3FCF60B - Taken by rainking187. 5 entrants total.
Volstead -- MB-BB7173E93896AF28 - Taken by darkchewie. 4 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-0C144C1B8A22C2F2 - Taken by fertygo. 1 entrants total.
Storm over the Pacific -- MB-F3F8C5581802DFAE - Taken by Belgarion
Luckslinger -- MB-96712B847626DEB1 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 8 entrants total.
No Time To Explain Remastered -- MB-8A96CF380FB02BF7 - Taken by Last Baron. 12 entrants total.

Oniken -- MB-D7561B5347C788B6 - Taken by Popstar. 9 entrants total.
Super Cyborg -- MB-8843E97006BEFE44 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 5 entrants total.
Space Robot Samurai Zombie Slayer -- MB-A0772E7BCCFB00E2 - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
Nyctophobia -- MB-C4589455B86EE94B - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.
Real Warfare 1242 -- MB-6184C733EEDE87B6 - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
AIR GUARDIANS -- MB-1B54D96A865BABEB - Taken by Hektor
Go Home Rage incoming -- MB-9928758217C3EB8C - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.
Super Star Path -- MB-EE1A9B495F5AA176 - Taken by GaussTek. 6 entrants total.
The Apogee Throwback Pack -- MB-D390FAC205E8FE44 - Taken by Anastasia. 13 entrants total.
Absconding Zatwor -- MB-77B80AB1E1D224E6 - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.
Moonbase 332 -- MB-3D7CBB85BCF6949B - Taken by drakaenae. 4 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-36E9492D055405CB
Synonymy -- MB-F91BE8E0D9286C76 - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
Abandoned -- MB-8C10E27CABC6B253 - Taken by ExoSoul. 4 entrants total.
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-1C9A3E48AF59D537 - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
Meridian New World -- MB-064981AA3841B2C5 - Taken by anastef. 2 entrants total.
Power-Up -- MB-2ED544FAF82AB9B1 - Taken by Mixed2k. 1 entrants total.
Desert Thunder -- MB-D6A64898D75604D9 - Taken by jgalat. 2 entrants total.
Rats - Time is running out! -- MB-5FCCC16B6E31E208 - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
Vortex -- MB-A9E99C2849C6EE85 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Stick RPG 2 Director's Cut -- MB-C5481BD41BA7AD91 - Taken by Blu(e). 4 entrants total.
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-A59618E4C819982F - Taken by Tenrius
The Falling Sun -- MB-6B1BF54544AA70F0 - Taken by C4rter. 4 entrants total.
Hyper Fighters -- MB-9BC3A21B6D258A94 - Taken by xGreg. 4 entrants total.
12 Labours of Hercules -- MB-423422AA230BF5C4 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
Super Motherload -- MB-5B2C3ECCC918194A - Taken by bkw. 7 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
The Original Strife Veteran Edition -- MB-A6F156FA32B8C34F - Taken by Accoun. 4 entrants total.
Sword of the Samurai -- MB-CAF6A79272A06639 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 4 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-C77185B3CA869C7C
Protocol -- MB-6E5FA426E1C1B2EC - Taken by texhnolyze
Undead Shadows -- MB-98CC49B6B636AB84 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Moonlight Minions -- MB-DEE5138D9F00BA3A - Taken by Arthea. 2 entrants total.
Two Steps Back -- MB-2AD049B91B34D6CA - Taken by Mikurden. 4 entrants total.
Hamlet -- MB-DB35FF0901F7DBA5 - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Chicken Shoot Gold -- MB-73262B4934C03AAF - Taken by anastef
xheRJRF.gif
One Day for Ched -- MB-31567B7F9E0FF98D - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Albedo Eyes from Outer Space -- MB-7E6DAF8B6CDCAE91 - Taken by pantsattack. 2 entrants total.

Z.A.R. -- MB-9B406064331DFE89 - Taken by xGreg
Spectraball -- MB-8AF665A28A9DCBE2 - Taken by KenOD. 8 entrants total.
Indie Assault -- MB-F1A8452E33A5F676 - Taken by Hektor. 1 entrants total.

MANOS The Hands of Fate - Director's Cut -- MB-2865B62A4342265F - Taken by dot. 8 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Squarelands was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for CT Special Forces Fire for Effect was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Vanguard Princess was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Storm over the Pacific was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Real Warfare 1242 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for AIR GUARDIANS was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dead Bits was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Strategic War in Europe was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Power-Up was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Desert Thunder was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ravensword Shadowlands was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hyper Fighters was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Gun Monkeys was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Undead Shadows was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Chicken Shoot Gold was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for One Day for Ched was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Indie Assault was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1442695724z1.png

Coreda

I wouldn't mind doing it actually, I will make a reservation.

Great! Looking forward to having a place to discuss it. Will be grabbing it on Humble with the pre-order discount.

Bunch of nice screenshots, GIFs, and WebMs on the blog to choose from, apart from the gameplay trailers themselves and main site. Love the low poly aesthetic, might also be worth mentioning it in the title but it's up to you.

YO DAWG SO LIKE WHATS UP WITH CHAPTER 2 IN MGS5!? I just started it today and I noticed something,
2 out of the 3 missions are just old missions. is this why everyone hates chapter 2? I'd rather do side ops than do the same missions i did before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom