• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Do they? I've read a lot of stories of G2A doing nothing after a scam was reported (even with G2A shield purchased).

but if you get scammed in BST thread all that will happen is that if you report it the scammer will get banned and his listing removed.

is NeoGAF going to reimburse you the money you lost? No.

G2A is simply BST on a larger scale, but some people seem fine with one but say the other is super shady. seems like cognitive dissonance to me

note I never used G2A so I'm not sure how it exactly works

but if you get scammed in BST thread all that will happen is that if you report it the scammer will get banned and his listing removed.

is NeoGAF going to reimburse you the money you lost? No.
But NeoGAF didn't lead people to believe paying extra would prevent scamming/guarantee reimbursement.

Do they? I've read a lot of stories of G2A doing nothing after a scam was reported (even with G2A shield purchased).

I don't have first-hand experience with it, but of course you'll find more stories from people who had problems than from people who didn't.
You'll find people claiming they've been scammed by amazon if you look around a bit.

I'm not saying that there isn't a small (tiny) chance that there will be issues. But people have been scammed in the BST as well. I really don't think G2A shield is worth being the center of discussion here. It's like in the other thread, people are focussing on the small details instead of looking at the big picture of how G2A fits into the market.

Ludens

Banned
I actually think Ozium as a point, here.
Buyers from BTS thread don't actually know where a key come from, except for rare cases.
A key can be stolen and someone can sell it here on GAF, with the fact that, max damahe the seller can receive is a ban. The ban means nothing, because he can just create another alias and keep selling games in another place.
Exactly what happens on G2A, I think, with the difference G2A should "defend" you if you use that shield they offer, I think (I mean, they sell it, of course it serves something, no?).
So you should be protected, in some ways.
Am I defending G2A?
No, because G2A, if not illegal, it's shady anyway, since they exist between lines.
But G2A is exactly what BTS is, only for digital keys. You can find trusty resellers, that actually buy physical copies of each game from countries where those games cost much less and people that simply buy games with stolen credit cards just to sell it back on G2A.

Ruruja

Truly the greatest present of them all.

Such a lust for birthday cake.

287700_2015-09-26_00003.png

Anteater

Congrats, my HDD died a few weeks ago, had to get a new one, but alas. I did have an external drive with some important things backed up so not the biggest loss, but I realized I forgot some things, but nothing to do about it now.

I feel like I should get on the whole cloud storage thing, but my upload speed is so slow...

Tizoc

I actually think Ozium as a point, here.
Buyers from BTS thread don't actually know where a key come from, except for rare cases.
A key can be stolen and someone can sell it here on GAF, with the fact that, max damahe the seller can receive is a ban. The ban means nothing, because he can just create another alias and keep selling games in another place.
Exactly what happens on G2A, I think, with the difference G2A should "defend" you if you use that shield they offer, I think (I mean, they sell it, of course it serves something, no?).
So you should be protected, in some ways.
Am I defending G2A?
No, because G2A, if not illegal, it's shady anyway, since they exist between lines.
But G2A is exactly what BTS is, only for digital keys. You can find trusty resellers, that actually buy physical copies of each game from countries where those games cost much less and people that simply buy games with stolen credit cards just to sell it back on G2A.

I...disagree, the BST thread over here is mainly from GAFfers who had stuff they dont want and then sell it 2nd hand-like to other GAFfers.
Far as Steam keys go, some people just sell off the key they got with their graphics card or are like Bernardo One who sells games from their region that are cheaper than one's region.
tHE bst thread is much more reliable and safer IMO than sites like G2A.

Ludens

Banned
I...disagree, the BST thread over here is mainly from GAFfers who had stuff they dont want and then sell it 2nd hand-like to other GAFfers.
Far as Steam keys go, some people just sell off the key they got with their graphics card or are like Bernardo One who sells games from their region that are cheaper than one's region.
tHE bst thread is much more reliable and safer IMO than sites like G2A.

Both BTS and G2A are based on the same thing: trust.
So to me they are exactly the same, when you open your wallet, you are putting your trust in the seller.

Jawmuncher

AAA Game was from me suckers. Hope you liked my lack of giving a shit with that giveaway. Thankfully we got some winter demons art out of it.

Ozium

AAA Game was from me suckers. Hope you liked my lack of giving a shit with that giveaway. Thankfully we got some winter demons art out of it.

... what?

first it was claiming to be responsible for cards
now this
tomorrow it will be "I got Snake into smash"

derExperte

So to me they are exactly the same, when you open your wallet, you are putting your trust in the seller.

One of the differences is that when you buy through BST you know you're not using a legit retailer. Many using those key sites don't know and don't realize there are some risks involved which only gets worse by G2A advertising aggressively everywhere.

Parsnip

For those of you that have been helping to translate Idle Master, more stuff needs translated!

http://translate.steamidlemaster.com/

(This is almost everything that needs done besides the new "Statistics" page)
What's the deal with the cookie_warning? It says we are not supposed to translate part of it? Or is that just a weird crowdin thing in that it's interpreting the [WARNING] as some kind of variable or something? Also, are we supposed to add linebreaks to the translated text since the original seems to have them?

FloatOn

Man, you guys weren't kidding about lords of shadow 2. The stealth sections are the worst things in gaming I've ever played.

Deleting soon.

It sucks too because I loved the first game. What the hell happened?

What's the deal with the cookie_warning? It says we are not supposed to translate part of it? Or is that just a weird crowdin thing in that it's interpreting the [WARNING] as some kind of variable or something? Also, are we supposed to add linebreaks to the translated text since the original seems to have them?
I kept the warning tag and line breaks.

Ludens

Banned
KojiPro not helping.

Well, considering they didn't help with the first LOS too, I wonder what the hell happened on LOS2 too.
Kojimbo just signed some papers for LOS1 and that's it, still the game was good, not a masterpiece but very enjoyable compared to LOS2.

Man, you guys weren't kidding about lords of shadow 2. The stealth sections are the worst things in gaming I've ever played.

Deleting soon.

It sucks too because I loved the first game. What the hell happened?
My bro bought it when it was cheap for pc cause he liked the first one, if those are as bad as people say it is he'll probably stop playing at the first stealth section lol, he doesnt have patience for good stealth games as it it, when he plays mgs he just shoots everything

That moment when you send your squad out in mgs5 to stop enemies from having riot suits and they fail :/ why... Fuck them riot suits, they eat everything

fertygo

Well, considering they didn't help with the first LOS too, I wonder what the hell happened on LOS2 too.
Kojimbo just signed some papers for LOS1 and that's it, still the game was good, not a masterpiece but very enjoyable compared to LOS2.

I thought they putting input for a little bit. I'm wrong then.

Btw anyone can recommend good entry point for Total War game?

Ludens

Banned
I thought they putting input for a little bit. I'm wrong then.

Btw anyone can recommend good entry point for Total War game?

There was an interview or something like that in which people from the team explained Kojima's involvement in the game, that was...going on the studio for like 5 minutes and signing some papers :D

Maniac

Banned

There is a key difference though. G2A is taking a cut and acting as a profiting middleman, whilst there is no such thing in the case of BST. NeoGAF isn't taking actual cuts of any transactions made in BST. Then there's also the fact that G2A themselves sell greymarket keys on their own, outside of the marketplace.

There's ofcourse also the fact that G2A in no way tells anyone that they could potentially end up with a banned / restricted Steam account if the key they buy was bought with a stolen credit card.

Ludens

Banned
There is a key difference though. G2A is taking a cut and acting as a profiting middleman, whilst there is no such thing in the case of BST. NeoGAF isn't taking actual cuts of any transactions made in BST. Then there's also the fact that G2A themselves sell greymarket keys on their own, outside of the marketplace.

There's ofcourse also the fact that G2A in no way tells anyone that they could potentially end up with a banned / restricted Steam account if the key they buy was bought with a stolen credit card.

Well, of course G2A takes a cut and BTS doesn't. Anyway what I pointed is the fact both BTS and G2A are trust-based and can lead you to having some games removed if the seller isn't trustworthy.

fertygo

Well, of course G2A takes a cut and BTS doesn't. Anyway what I pointed is the fact both BTS and G2A are trust-based and can lead you to having some games removed if the seller isn't trustworthy.

At G2A you can't even identify the seller (CMIIW) you can only see country flag and amount of item he already sell.

At GAF the very least you can identify his nick n more history than that.

Ludens

Banned
At G2A you can't even identify the seller (CMIIW) you can only see country flag and amount of item he already sell.

At GAF the very least you can identify his nick n more history than that.

Yeah, but...what's the point? You know the history, you know the nick, you can do nothing anyway. Same with the seller from G2A of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom