• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nillansan

Jotun Launch Trailer.

ss_8c3c24352f6ee52f40a31c3311a923f92dec9bf8.1920x1080.jpg

Launching on Steam on 29th September.

Ludens

Banned
You can report his paypal account? unlike transaction with G2A as middleman.

Yeah but I doubt Paypal would do something instead of "we took your claim", because you basically have no proof, not even a receipt by buying from BTS.
You are totally unprotected, while if you pay on G2A they have that shield thing I suppose it serves something.

Again (I like to write it because I don't want people think I'm defending G2A etc), I think it's unsafe to buy from both sources, only trusty retailers like GMG, Gamersgate etc. for me.

madjoki

Yeah but I doubt Paypal would do something instead of "we took your claim", because you basically have no proof, not even a receipt by buying from BTS.
You are totally unprotected, while if you pay on G2A they have that shield thing I suppose it serves something.

Again (I like to write it because I don't want people think I'm defending G2A etc), I think it's unsafe to buy from both sources, only trusty retailers like GMG, Gamersgate etc. for me.

That's why Paypal requires you to pay fees and input message/description. From what I read, Paypal will almost always side with buyer.

Basically you claim you didn't receive item, then Paypal will ask proof from seller or refund you.

If you send money as gift, you won't have protection.

Ludens

Banned
That's why Paypal requires you to pay fees and input message/description. From what I read, Paypal will almost always side with buyer.

Basically you claim you didn't receive item, then Paypal will ask proof from seller or refund you.

I don't know, I'm not an expert with Paypal, since I use it only on HumbleBundle, GMG, Bemine etc. and I never filles a claim, but don't you need a receipt for doing a claim?
If you buy something from a private you have no proof you didn't receive what you bought, right?

fertygo

I don't know, I'm not an expert with Paypal, since I use it only on HumbleBundle, GMG, Bemine etc. and I never filles a claim, but don't you need a receipt for doing a claim?
If you buy something from a private you have no proof you didn't receive what you bought, right?

Its like Ebay refund, they usually forcing refund for even little complaint for people that pay with pay for goods option.. you can see some people at BST suffer from run and hit like this and blacklist the buyer.

MUnited83

For you.

You don't need a receipt at all. If someone tries to refund a paypal transaction (that isn't a gift), they will definitely get it. They don't even have to present any proof, just say that they didn't get the item and that's it.

How does the seller know if the money is sent as a gift?

abracadaver

Don't need these:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project -- MB-A79603D567C7EB29 - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
Muffin Knight -- MB-5FEDD9219CFEABF9 - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
International Snooker -- MB-CA9A86215CEFD9EF - Taken by ThirtyFour. 1 entrants total.
A Bird Story Steam -- MB-F3900683B5DB32FB - Taken by Last Baron. 2 entrants total.
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-3B7FE7752DD317EA
Fearless Fantasy -- MB-1D9D83E471C580A6 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Disciples III: Reincarnation -- MB-31FF44632AD8501A - Taken by pahamrick. 4 entrants total.
Spy Chameleon - RGB Agent -- MB-5AEB97B126A9B378 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.

t1443281652z1.png

Only if it's sent as a gift. If you send it the normal way, the sender does not pay fees oficially (of course, the buyer and the seller can make a deal where the buyer sends a bit extra to cover the fees)

Oh. But if the buyer sends a bit extra then it would be indistinguishable from sending it as a gift, so how does the seller know if its a gift then?

Parsnip

Man, you guys weren't kidding about lords of shadow 2. The stealth sections are the worst things in gaming I've ever played.

Deleting soon.

It sucks too because I loved the first game. What the hell happened?

It's not that bad. Stealth has no place in the game, but they are like 5 minutes long and super easy.

What gaming news sites are actually worth following on Twitter? Just following Eurogamer and RPS for now, but bailing on RPS soon as they don't post anything of interest anymore.

MUnited83

For you.
Oh. But if the buyer sends a bit extra then it would be indistinguishable from sending it as a gift, so how does the seller know if its a gift then?

It's not indistinguishable at all, because you know the person is sending extra and what you receive will be less than that because of the fees.

And you can check the payment details to see how much exactly were the fees.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dave is ok, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Marvellous Miss Take -- MB-16F02D8C48AFE59F - Taken by Purkake4. 6 entrants total.
Viking: Battle for Asgard -- MB-F41730297F34C0EC - Taken by salazar547. 2 entrants total.
VVVVV -- MB-DF5240C8655A41C6 - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.

t1443284472z1.png
Some stuff

Tektonic

Macabre -- MB-75B1B7190BCC223E - Taken by Madn
Clickr -- MB-9C2D67BD4E772B7B - Taken by fertygo
Rabbit Hole 3D: Steam Edition -- MB-F769139496733C25 - Taken by Hektor

trash? treasure? who knows...

strafer

that feel when you get a notification about a message posted on your profile only to have it be removed when you go to your profile to read it.

:(

Ludens

Banned
Just completed Greyfox. Very suggested for Zkylon, since he liked Always sometimes monsters.
A good little game, totally worth its price.

Eila

that feel when you get a notification about a message posted on your profile only to have it be removed when you go to your profile to read it.

:(

Someone was doing the community ambassador badge. Damn them, using your profile for their own gains!

Hinomura

what the hell

is the game officially dead?

From the FB page:

"Dear players,
As of September 26th, the back-end system for Nether, MBER, will no longer be available to support the game. This unfortunately means that the servers will shut down on that day, and play will no longer be possible. We hope to find a solution to this and other issues with the game ASAP. Please stay tuned for updates when available, and thank you for playing Nether."

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Clearing out the backlog of bundle extras.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Wild Island Quest -- MB-418FDD8A3F97DF95 - Taken by BernardoOne. 5 entrants total.
Project Tarvotan -- MB-EF53EBB9E1D41D83 - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.
Super Space Meltdown -- MB-3F3CA241638538BF - Taken by Mixed2k. 3 entrants total.
In Verbis Virtus -- MB-90AEA98B1A01E8C8 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 4 entrants total.
Corto Maltese: Secrets of Venice -- MB-B309872CF5E9AB4D - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Pirates Deck -- MB-A138087346E98FCE - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
xheRJRF.gif
xheRJRF.gif
Toilet Tycoon -- MB-7E4A9769A1DB0915 - Taken by dave is ok. 2 entrants total.
Superstatic -- MB-2F93E5F35F25FA3E - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
Dungeon Rift -- MB-E6D9E4D5E6772559 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Heart of Ember -- MB-179215B32247C11E - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Go Home -- MB-623BEF4B1225FEB7 - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.
Industry Transporters -- MB-D2923ACC847BEF96 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
Wonky Pidgeon -- MB-B0C5F55C5E6C124E - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Magical Brickout -- MB-3A555628C0F862FA - Taken by Madn. 1 entrants total.

t1443286512z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Monday through Friday. Valve doesn't actually have to be there for you to release it though, they have to first approve the game for release, but they can do that months before you actually release it, once approved you can make it go live anytime when the release option is available, which is between Monday and Friday.

So there's essentially a big, green "Release" button that updates the release state and automagically adds the store sub/s to the store page? Forcing games to release on weekdays seems rather pointless to me if the process is now automated. Do you know if you can adjust region-locking (i.e. onlyallowrunincountries) and region-specific release state changes using the frontend, too, or is Valve's assistance still required in those departments?

Nzyme32

So there's essentially a big, green "Release" button that updates the release state and automagically adds the store sub/s to the store page? Forcing games to release on weekdays seems rather pointless to me if the process is now automated. Do you know if you can adjust region-locking (i.e. onlyallowrunincountries) and region-specific release state changes using the frontend, too, or do those still require Valve's assistance?

I'm guessing the Mon - Fri restriction might be something to do with the possibility off some sort of critical error or fault occurring that could go on to effect that partners business, maybe since they are not as well staffed on weekends or something.... I don't know

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm guessing the Mon - Fri restriction might be something to do with the possibility off some sort of critical error or fault that could go on to effect that partners business, maybe since they are not as well staffed on weekends or something.... I don't know

Yeah, it popped into my head after posting that the restriction is so any issues can be quickly sorted out if need be. But even so, games launching with some sort of Steam-related issue are rather rare.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wish vault dwellers were more independent, would be nice for them to have kids on their own rather than you having to command them to go have sex

like, this would be a kickass game if beth had made an actual sim instead of one of these waiting things

it's not terrible since it does the job of entertaining me on the train and making me feel all fuzzy with the fallout stuff but still

Putting android in the name of AAC really isn't helping them. I keep thinking its a shitty mobile port and even the thread on Gaming had to note that it's on multiple platforms to get people interested

Might as well have called it assault itunes cactus

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-09061388BC43BFA0 - Taken by Spirited

Vibranium

Banned
Lol at Ubisoft with Rainbow Six, no single player. It'll totally still be at the full Canadian price of $80 though, good luck getting people here to pay that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom