• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there anyway to purchase Arcana Heart early since it's tomorrow in other parts of the planet?

No.

It'll be like every other MMO. Start off with a sub or B2P. Struggle, go F2P on its' own for a handful of months, then in about a year or so launch on Steam because each step always creates a huge influx of new players.

I recall one company pulling its MMO a few months or so after releasing on Steam and forcing Steam users to migrate to the non-Steam version (so as to remove Steam Wallet from the equation).

It'll be like every other MMO. Start off with a sub or B2P. Struggle, go F2P on its' own for a handful of months, then in about a year or so launch on Steam because each step always creates a huge influx of new players.

Actually, you're right!
And now I remember that Wildstar has appeared on steamdb or something like that back then.

Hatchtag

Banned
I'm not sure where to ask this, but this seems to be PC Games General and thus the best case. A couple of months ago, I bought Diablo 3 RoS through G2A. Every month since, I've been charged roughly $1.70 from them, despite not purchasing anything since then. Says something about G2A shield. What's going on, and how can I stop it?

JaseC

I'm not sure where to ask this, but this seems to be PC Games General and thus the best case. A couple of months ago, I bought Diablo 3 RoS through G2A. Every month since, I've been charged roughly $1.70 from them, despite not purchasing anything since then. Says something about G2A shield. What's going on, and how can I stop it?

You have to disable it on both the site (G2A is a banned site here, so edit the URL accordingly) and PayPal.

Anteater

i don't know why but I have a tendency to buy uplay games when I'm drunk, got that humble bundle and now watchdogs

i hope they don't make an ass creed bundle

and that pewdiepie game doesn't look bad

Ryne

I couldn't imagine myself paying insurance for a digital game. Just offering it makes me not want to buy from that site.

Hatchtag

Banned
I wasn't laughing at you but at how scummy G2A is. I knew they offered it but I figured it was a one time fee per game.

Honestly, the wording seemed to imply that it was a one time fee. I thought for sure that it was. First time I saw a charge pop up I just figured they were charging me for last time. But now I know it's a monthly thing.

It's not too bothersome since it's only $1.70, but shit, I could get a humble bundle or something for that much.

Nabs

Ubisoft used to charge you to be able to download games beyond the first year month. You had to pay download insurance, and that shit only gave you another 2 years of downloads. Shit cost 12 dollars for certain titles.

Honestly, the wording seemed to imply that it was a one time fee. I thought for sure that it was. First time I saw a charge pop up I just figured they were charging me for last time. But now I know it's a monthly thing.

It's not too bothersome since it's only $1.70, but shit, I could get a humble bundle or something for that much.

Cancel that shit.

JaseC

Ubisoft used to charge you to be able to download games beyond the first year. You had to pay download insurance, and that shit only gave you another 2 years of downloads.

Yeah, that's Digital River for you.

yuraya

Ubisoft used to charge you to be able to download games beyond the first year month. You had to pay download insurance, and that shit only gave you another 2 years of downloads. Shit cost 12 dollars for certain titles.

Nightmare fuel

fertygo

cancel that shit from your paypal

I have not heard that name uttered in so long. Not since my sansa mp3 players.
sansa-stark.png

?

Hektor

G2A is taking a monthly insurance fee from its users? How can people still think that this site is trustworthy or legit?

That was so bad. :X

Yeah... but...

eVAKj7H.p ng

You know, Imagination still got the best graphics.

I got it. I see it:

Telltale 60s Batman

Double-episodic. Release episodes in sets of two, so you have to buy the next part to see if he gets out of the crazy predicament some villain has put him in, same Telltale time, same Telltale channel! The first season can be three villains.

That sounds actually like a good idea.

Chariot

G2A is taking a monthly insurance fee from its users? How can people still think that this site is trustworthy or legit?
Don't talk to loud. You may find your windows broken, your hype deflated or your waifu ntr'd some day. They listen, sharpening their baseball bats, reloading their horseheads, assimilating the exterminators.

Anteater

what the hell is a sansa

is it related to salsa

those enemies breathing fire in dishonored is easily the worst thing in the game, who even carries around a bottle of alcohol just to do that, it's slow, and it doesn't actually kill you but they do it just to annoy you basically

zkylon

zkylewd
yea go back it

it has mca in it

first game was great

they're doing cool cdpr-like free enhanced edition stuff

they have funny accents

they deserve money

also buy valkyria, it's cheap now

Momentary

Banned
Degica is quickly becoming one of my new favorite companies. What awesome products they put out and they are very hands on with their fans. They're quick to resolve issues with games and always keep the public well informed with what they got planned. Love these guys.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
That DM mode could be big. I really do hope we get there.

I know it's too much to ask, but I'd love another homebrew-MMO engine a la Neverwinter Nights. Main game wasn't particularly good, but some of the persistent worlds crafted by players were quite imaginative back in the day.

D:OS was a looker in places, so I wouldn't mind having a nice engine like theirs running such a thing, either~

Deques

Degica is quickly becoming one of my new favorite companies. What awesome products they put out and they are very hands on with their fans. They're quick to resolve issues with games and always keep the public well informed with what they got planned. Love these guys.

They are my number one favourite company for publishing so many great shmup games :)

oipic

I still have a Sansa clip+

My trusty iPod Nano is dying (battery barely holds a charge now), so I've been looking around for a new player, and specifically the Sansa Clip+... difficult to find in Australia though, it seems, so I might have to resort to some dodgy 'retailer' on eBay. Hmmm.

Anyone had a toy around with the Sansa Clip Jam (their newest/most current model, I believe)?

-------

On topic (?) - received two spammy level 5 (hidden profile) Steam friend invites today, after having not seen one for maybe 2-3 months. Hopefully the floodgates aren't about to open again somehow.

I know it's too much to ask, but I'd love another homebrew-MMO engine a la Neverwinter Nights. Main game wasn't particularly good, but some of the persistent worlds crafted by players were quite imaginative back in the day.

D:OS was a looker in places, so I wouldn't mind having a nice engine like theirs running such a thing, either~

It'd be cool, but you need a robust and easily customisable base game to build on for it to work. If you just release a dev kit and server stuff and let it loose it will die a horrible death due to lack of interest.

Still blows my mind that Persistent Worlds happened at all. NWN's multiplayer stuff was meant for small-scale hosted projects, and instead ballooned into micro MMOs, complete with their own subcommunities. It's just incredible stuff.

Momentary

Banned
They are my number one favourite company for publishing so many great shmup games :)

I think they actually help with the porting and translation of the games they publish as well.

Another company that I'm beginning to like is H2 Interactive. They are small here in the states, but they have a HUGE presence in Korea.

duckroll

Warning for anyone thinking of buying 80 Days which just unlocked - there is NO game content. You can install it, but it's a 0 byte package which has no files, so the game won't launch. Lol. :(

is ass creed not cool on gaf now? so much hate towards that new game before it's even out

The haters stand in unity. How odd.

Really, it's probably because the Ubisoft formula is so done to death. They even had their car game pulling that stuff, for goodness sakes! Ubisoft sees it as this perfected formula, even though its 1,000-person teams struggle to crank this formulaic content out. Their whole approach is just out of hand, to the point that it's a joke these days.

Warning for anyone thinking of buying 80 Days which just unlocked - there is NO game content. You can install it, but it's a 0 byte package which has no files, so the game won't launch. Lol. :(

...Wow. Has that ever happened before? 'Cause that's crazy.

Edit: SteamGAF to the rescue.

dex3108

is ass creed not cool on gaf now? so much hate towards that new game before it's even out

Sooner or later GAF will hate every game. Some games GAF hates before release and some after release.

I personally don't like some things in new AC but I will play it sooner or later.

Had no idea it even released this early. Will buy once that is sorted out.

Eh, bought it any way. Should be fixed by the time I get to play it later in the day.

Deques

I think they actually help with the porting and translation of the games they publish as well.

Another company that I'm beginning to like is H2 Interactive. They are small here in the states, but they have a HUGE presence in Korea.

It's nice that they are going to publish another BlazBlue game. I haven't heard much about until recently. Just checked what games what they have published in Steam and see that they don't have many games there yet. I hope they will publish more niche games in Steam :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom