• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
From the Shoot'em Up thread

Bros... I am not shitting you, play this beta. Holy shit! Super Galaxy Squadron got improved heavily. Still has a bit to go, but they are heading in a damn good direction.

Type:
tunnelsnakesrule

Into the beta tab on SGS. It's still early, but damn. This is the game it should have been. If you didn't own it before you better jump on it now at this cheap price and pick up a few other games as well. With the beta SGS is easily the best game in the bundle now.

$2 bucks for this and a lot of games. I'm sure it's already posted somewhere, but this beta is pretty dang good to have it repeated

https://www.indiegala.com/monday

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
BxAEVlw.jpg

Dr Dogg

is ass creed not cool on gaf now? so much hate towards that new game before it's even out

Been like that for a while. High point was around 2 & Brohood where the series got some good rep around here (well from what I could tell during my lurking and early days). The shift started to happen around the time of Revelations where some were starting to voice their concerns with the series (OT was generally good response but you could sense some folks weren't too keen on it although iNvid02 did an awesome job on it). Now come ACIII is where the derision really started to show (even myself wasn't too happy with some of the finer points of the game) with lots of valid opinions and some outright crazy ones.

So the Black Flag OT was pretty much dead and at one point was me and about 9 other peeps just posting in their regularly. You could say this is due to it appearing on last gens consoles first by a month over the current crop and PC but even when those versions released chat didn't really pick up. Unity though got hyped to the hills being somewhat one of the first current gen only titles and putting 'Graphix!!!' front and centre seemed to draw a crowd (heh!) to the game. So when it ships a bit fucked and with some lingering performance issues on consoles the backlash was pretty sever.

Combine that with the Ubi-formula for open world design and the fact Ass Creed Style Game is used as a pagorative more often than not the series now has a bad rep by proxy for most of GAF. In my research of my Syndicate recommendation (oh yeah jshackles I'm bagsying that now ahead of time if you see this) the structure sounds very reminiscent of the first handful. You have a Big Bag to aim at and you have to whittle down their minions one by one before you can take them on. Plus there seems to be a bit of light heartiness about the cast with a rather fruitful smorgasbord of historical characters teased to appear somewhat (plus Alexander Graham Bell is the gadget man ala da Vinci) it could win back a few sceptical lapsed fans.Or the series could go out on a whimper and I'm left without my yearly dose of Alternative History Fantasy Batman Historical City romp :(

I miss Derrick. I thought he was a damn good poster on here.

Please don't. He was the worst kind of negative person you can find.

GAF is much better off without him.

From the Shoot'em Up thread

I don't know... I just tried 20 minutes of it. Feels like a clone of a game I used to play back in the day called Frantic, which was a Flash game that had more depth and variety despite being a much older title. I love a good shmup as much as anyone else, but this felt really lame. Haven't tried the beta yet.

The recommendations I've been going for as of late haven't impressed me.

I miss Derrick. I thought he was a damn good poster on here.

Please don't. He was the worst kind of negative person you can find.

GAF is much better off without him.

As usual, the truth is somewhere in the middle. He was well-spoken and had valid points at times, even if they were almost always overwhelmingly negative. However, with the way some people seem to treat the thread as a chat room now it would be nice to have another no-nonsense poster.

The developers of Reus released a new game
...this month!

I had no idea. It actually looks pretty cool, a sort of roguelike adventure-y boardgame thing. I'm sorta surprised it went over my radar when it sounds so interesting.

Steamspy put it at ~11k copies sold which sounds like a bummer to me.

Garry's Mod looks worse than I remember.

As usual, the truth is somewhere in the middle. He was well-spoken and had valid points at times, even if they were almost always overwhelmingly negative. However, with the way some people seem to treat the thread as a chat room now it would be nice to have another no-nonsense poster.

Thing is, SteamGAF has always been a chat room. Long-running topics like this can't last unless it drifts every now and then. You have to keep things fresh during the "downtimes" when there aren't sales running.

And I don't agree about him, precisely because I used to be the exact same way many years ago. There's a reason why I never bothered to talk or argue with him - I was the same type of overzealous person who was constantly harping on one thing or another. That kind of attitude is cancerous and serves no one.

want some numbers? Final Fantasy V bombed big time - owners 7,757 ± 2,121, Userscore: 68%.
SE still will release FF6, in hopes it would sell better, right guys, right?

Only so long you can keep releasing shitty mobile ports before people stops taking your bullshit I guess. Even I didn’t buy it yet and I bought III and IV like a sucker.

Arthea

Only so long you can keep releasing shitty mobile ports before people stops taking your bullshit I guess. Even I didn’t buy it yet and I bought III and IV like a sucker.

but what choice do we have? SE won't release better versions as they never made them nor they will, it's those mobile ports or nothing. I'd take mobile ports over nothing any day.

edited: I kinda hoped it those ports sell half good, SE might release TWEWY port too, maybe even The War of the Lions.

but what choice do we have? SE won't release better versions as they never made them not they will, it's those mobile ports or nothing. I'd take mobile ports over nothing any day.

I'll take nothing

EDIT: There never will be all FFs on Steam anyway, so who cares if a shitty version of FFV is missing. SE's handling of their back catalogue will bite them in the ass one day once people realize they don't give a damn about quality anymore.

I don't get it, why would you like getting nothing, but it's your choice

It's getting nothing or a shit version of a game you love. There are better ways to play these games. Why should we settle for shitty ways? If people continue to buy bad ports then what reason do they have to put any effort in at all?

Arthea

There's about half a dozen better ways to play FFV already

not really, unless you mean emulation and that's one way not a dozen.

It's getting nothing or a shit version of a game you love. There are better ways to play these games. Why should we settle for shitty ways? If people continue to buy bad ports then what reason do they have to put any effort in at all?

so what makes it bad port? being mobile port makes it bad by default? I've played many mobile ports by now and I don't have this problem.
I understand what you are saying, this version of a game being not what we wanted from remake, I totally get that, but I still don't get how you would be happy with having no remake of a game you like at all, if it's not up to your standards, but I guess it's just me.

Arthea

SNES, GBA and PSX are all better ways to play that game. Not half a dozen but they are still better.

The GBA version was godlike IIRC.

I absolutely don't agree with you here: PSX version runs like shit, nobody has SNES anymore, at least I already don't have and GBA version is unplayable at all.

edited: that leaves only emulation

I absolutely don't agree with you here: PSX version runs like shit, nobody has SNES anymore, at least I already don't have and GBA version is unplayable at all.

GBA is unplayable? Not sure what you mean there. Those GBA games were amazing. PSX version is fine, it just has horrible load times but it still looks miles better than the mobile version.

If you want to play the game then fair enough, but I don't see why we should accept shit versions of games. We're getting fantastic versions of tons of Japanese games now but we're just supposed to eat up all the scaps that SE throws our way? No thanks.

If you want to play the game then fair enough, but I don't see why we should accept shit versions of games. We're getting fantastic versions of tons of Japanese games now but we're just supposed to eat up all the scaps that SE throws our way? No thanks.

I still regret purchasing Type-0.
even if i paid for it with card money

I will always go for the OG versions of FF games if I can help it. That's why I haven't purchased III or IV yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom