• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

just trying to share some stuff i found interesting

sorry for bothering you

the news of serious sam 4 and its script really shook you up, man..

get well soon

That's not how you spell Gearbox.

E69WWMD.gif

That's not how you spell Idea Factory

tumblr_nro1enskFP1qeuiqyo7_500.gif

Anteater

The original AssCreed would be DRM-free!

it's weird to say but i didn't buy the original ass creed because it's drm-free

give me uplay

guys remember that dishonored goty pricing error a few years back? if you've bought it and still haven't played it, now it's the time! because it's good! it's better than bioshock infinite!

Ozium

Activision wants us to pay $60 for it

Well, duh, of course they want to sell for full price. thats kinda how it works with everyone in the business. This has been true in capitalism forever.

And yes, Robomodo and Disruptive Games are dead-set on delivering a great Tony Hawk experience again and are actually taking feedback in and building the game around that instead of doing another Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD . How is this a bad thing?

ArjanN

Nice deal.

Well, duh, of course they want to sell for full price. thats kinda how it works with everyone in the business. This has been true in capitalism forever.

And yes, Robomodo and Disruptive Games are dead-set on delivering a great Tony Hawk experience again and are actually taking feedback in and building the game around that instead of doing another Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD . How is this a bad thing?

The vibe I'm picking up so far is that it's really bad though.

Jawmuncher

I think everyone called that THPS5 was gonna be bad. As for the threads about the one major broken game this holiday, I think most ignored THSP5 because they assumed it was already known.

Annubis

only need the first one and it's not discounted at all (neither is the 2nd one)

salty.. it says it is a midweek deal though so maybe they will be updated later? I hope

I see the first one at -90%
Second at -85%
Third -80%

The bundle lowers the price by an amazing CDN$ 0.17...

Turfster

Damn it Squenix, why is there no 5€ Tomb Raider classics bundle?
You're never going to tempt me into paying again for games I already have on 3 systems like that.

Lomax

Feel free to ignore this. Just posting because it is interesting to me and hopefully others:

I wish they would take the content of the BttF game and rework it in the "modern" Telltale style, with fewer mediocre puzzles. Maybe I'd actually finish it then.

i miss derrick

i wish he's here to tell me how bad dishonored is :(

I only miss him because it seems like half this thread has tried to take up his mantle. Seriously, things get pretty hostile in here way too often these days.

The age old SteamGAF litmus test of whether a website selling CD keys is legit or not has now failed.

Pretty sure no one is going to be asking if Amazon is legit. Would be nice to see some Tony level sales on Blizzard games though.

Hektor

That's not how you spell Naughty God - the citizen kanes of gamedevs.

That's a tempting price.

New game from Stanley Parable devs will be out October 1st.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/29/9398101/stanley-parable-the-beginners-guide

Wow, i didnt even knew they we're dev...

It was just announced

I think it was just announced.

...Oh. 3 days before release? Its like they want the game to die.

Here is how Hitman release and content looks like

13304603918640.195.c99571e18da7a63b1b47aa95856acc1b.jpg

Not impressed.

Hilarious, of course Square-Enix and io Interactive would fuck up Triple A Early Acess. The paying beta testers--that's anyone who buys the Intro Pack, not just the suckers who pre-order the full game--should pay less than people who eventually buy the final product for 60$. That's how early access is supposed to work. I know they're going out of their way to proclaim this isn't early access...

Is HITMAN an ‘early access’ game?

No. Early access can often mean something unfinished or unpolished. That’s simply not the approach we’re taking. All of the content we release live to our players will be complete and polished, whether that’s the locations and missions we release on December 8th, the live events or the locations and missions that we will release in 2016. It will always be a polished Hitman experience.

Is HITMAN episodic now?

We think the word ‘episodic’ sets up the expectation that we will sell individual content drops for individual prices but that’s not something we're planning to do. That said, there are some episodic elements to the story in the sense that it’s delivered in chunks over time, so experiencing the story will probably feel episodic. But there is also a ton of other content including live events, which have nothing to do with the story. We’ll also be improving and changing the game constantly whilst you’re playing it. Our ambition is to have a stream of content available from December 8th until the story arc is finished.

The thing is, there isn’t really a term to describe what we’re doing.

...but the game is unfinished, users participating in the beta phase will ostensibly be providing feedback that will shape the existing and future content. It's early access.

Io Interactive isn't exactly coming from a position of strength after Absolution, and they're trying a new (to them) business model with all of the vagueness of a triple A game's season pass ("Post-launch, you'll get...stuff"). Square-Enix isn't in the soundest financial shape and they didn't do the greatest job managing the western franchises they acquired when they bought Eidos.

Square-Enix and Io need to be establishing a clear road map. Vaguely defined plans just allows them wiggle room to back out and not make content.

What do you mean how it's bad? This is fucking Tony Hawk HD 2 and they're over here charging $60 for like 8 maps and a glitchy mess.

MUnited83

For you.
Hilarious, of course Square-Enix and io Interactive would fuck up Triple A Early Acess. The paying beta testers--that's anyone who buys the Intro Pack, not just the suckers who pre-order the full game--should pay less than people who eventually buy the final product for 60$. That's how early access is supposed to work. I know they're going out of their way to proclaim this isn't early access...

...but the game is unfinished, users participating in the beta phase will ostensibly be providing feedback that will shape the existing and future content. It's early access.

Io Interactive isn't exactly coming from a position of strength after Absolution, and they're trying a new (to them) business model with all of the vagueness of a triple A game's season pass ("Post-launch, you'll get...stuff"). Square-Enix isn't in the soundest financial shape and they didn't do the greatest job managing the western franchises they acquired when they bought Eidos.

Square-Enix and Io need to be establishing a clear road map. Vaguely defined plans just allows them wiggle room to back out and not make content.
? Early Access has no rule on how it works in regards to price . Some are more expensive than the final release, some cheaper, some the same. Each one has valid reasonings behind them.

I'm amazed that they just told you how many missions and locations you're going to get and yet you say that you will get "stuff".

They don't call it early access because each mission they deliver is complete. Its episódio, even if they reject that label.

MUnited83

For you.

3/10, the comparison doesn't really work.

So Hitman is going to be £20-£25 on launch here without the future shit. I have definitely bought games that will have less content (Telltale stuff and the like), so I don't think the sky's falling or any of that stuff (he says not being a Hitman fan).

So that combined with the inevitable GMG Coupon that should work with it, it doesn't seem like all that terrible overall. I imagine the reviews will give a better idea of the length as well, which will help.

Backlogger

Every time I see that Tomb Raider deal I get annoyed that I already bought Tomb Raider 2013 and all the DLC and to ever get a good deal on everything else I have to re-buy that game.

zkylon

zkylewd
so is tony hawk 5 super bad then?

i used to really love that series on my sk8ter dayz and i was actually pretty interested in this arcade-y revival, even tho everyone had written it off

sucks

madjoki

Every time I see that Tomb Raider deal I get annoyed that I already bought Tomb Raider 2013 and all the DLC and to ever get a good deal on everything else I have to re-buy that game.

Yup, same here, but without DLC. Squeenix sucks.
Guess I'm gonna try to wait bundle updated /w RoTT and -80% so I can get it all cheap.

so is tony hawk 5 super bad then?

i used to really love that series on my sk8ter dayz and i was actually pretty interested in this arcade-y revival, even tho everyone had written it off

sucks

It's supposed to be pretty jacked, but there's a day one patch that is larger than the install itself, so hopefully that clears up some of the grosser problems.

I'd love another good skate game. Another good Skate game, while we're at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom