• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Just a reminder that this will be in 3 hours and 45 minutes.

I'm doing another Quiplash/Jackbox Party Pack Fun Night tonight, since it's been two weeks since the last one!

header.jpg

header.jpg

You don't need to own the game to play!

The stream will be at http://www.hitbox.tv/DongsMacabre
I'll be recording the stream and uploading it to YouTube after.

t1441501200z4.png

That's 6pm Pacific and 9pm Eastern

Rules:
1. Be there or be square.

Maniac

Banned
Mad Max was around long before anyone ever thought of Max Payne. It's weird that they changed him from having a son, named Sprog, to having a daughter. Don't know what the deal was with that. Was it something they changed in the new movie/game or was it before that?

Not quite sure, but I do know that (atleast the new movie) isn't your typical movie in the sense that you follow the protagonist, it's a folk-tale, a retelling of what happened; the myth of Mad Max, basically. So it likely stems from that.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Thanks for the responses all, I certainly must have blanked on the new menu for Quiet and found myself fairly frazzled with the lack of options that appeared to be available in the typical quick menu! DDog is probably the best buddy so far since he has so much utility without needing to be told to do everything, but Quiet could be handy as well.

Killer. 7. HD. Won't even need to upscale textures all that much. Just get that running in 1080p and rework the menus a tad so they aren't stretched.

Dr Dogg

Dragon's Dogma you buggers! Though I'd take OG Dead Rising, Asura's Wrath, even a Zack and Wiki Pimp My Game rerelease.

Killer. 7. HD. Won't even need to upscale textures all that much. Just get that running in 1080p and rework the menus a tad so they aren't stretched.

Killer 7 with a mouse would be bliss. I think it renders alright at 16:9 in Dolphin (via the widescreenhack) but cutscenes, intro screens and menus & UI are still 4:3 so sadly the do get stretched.

Dr Dogg

Speaking of; any word regarding a western version of DDO or are to resort to VPN?

Nada! I'm in the process of downloading it and there's some basic translation guides out there to get you going. And let's be fair DD wasn't a very heavy on story RPG compared to its contemporaries. I'm all about that gameplay with this series and now up to 8 Arisenses (if that's the right collective noun)!!!

ExoSoul

Banned
Nada! I'm in the process of downloading it and there's some basic translation guides out there to get you going. And let's be fair DD wasn't a very heavy on story RPG compared to its contemporaries. I'm all about that gameplay with this series and now up to 8 Arisenses (if that's the right collective noun)!!!

Do give us word of you experience with it :D

Shantom

Old Humble Bundle key:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shantom, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Darksiders, Red Faction: Armageddon, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and Company of Heroes: Tales of Valour -- MB-A48F15DB5A3A0A55 - Taken by ExoSoul. 4 entrants total.

t1441500394z1.png

Dr Dogg

Do give us word of you experience with it :D

Sectus, who has been pressing for a PC release of OG Dragon's Dogma for ages (when not doing some awesome mod work on various Resident Evils) had this to say about DDO...

Almost got the sorcerer class unlocked! Just need to do 2 quests and level myself up to 20, and I can finally start casually walking around casting bolide everywhere.

Just about all the mechanics from Dragon's Dogma 1 are still here. The only big thing missing is that you can't lift up and throw small enemies anymore. I've also noticed some missing attacks from enemies (like the dogs can't grab you and pull you away anymore). Maybe they removed those for netcode reasons?

Anyway, overall, the game plays great and they've also added and changed some stuff for the better. The netcode is also great. I've played with a couple of friends and the lag is very minimal. The game is player hosted by the way, so playing on Japanese servers doesn't add any lag.

derExperte

Probably a bit miffed GT6 only sold 2.6m copies. Which to be fair for most driving games isn't to be sniffed at but GT is a juggernaut and has sold 10's of millions of copies for previous home console versions.

Gran Turismo is one of the big gaming mysteries for me besides Halo and Blizzard, I paid 100€ (200DM back then) for a Japanese import of the first one and got bored almost instantly. Tried again on the PS2 or 3, can't even remember. Nope, it's just a huge grind and instead of fun you get hundreds of cars no one actually wants to drive but you have to for countless hours before getting to the better ones. The series barely evolved which can be fine but then there is the ludicrous wait time between releases which made lots of people forget they once liked GT and the result is declining sales. Welp, at least they'll get another game eventually, meanwhile Wipeout and Motorstorm are deader than dead. :/

That's pretty much the worst Be Mine yet.

It's the worst since I started buying them and the first I won't touch since a very long time. Last one was already bad but it had afair two games I was interested in.

rtcn63

Using ES is like sitting in a chair with VR goggles, and smacking a cybernetic ass cheek twerking to the beat of 'Don't Stop Believing'.

Jawmuncher

Resident Evil Outbreak should be on that list. Capcom has a multiplayer IP that so many people actually love and want back. Or make a sequel.

I'll agree to that, especially since just some small tweaks would keep the dedicated player base there. Considering there are people still playing it thanks to fan made servers is a big deal.

zkylon

zkylewd
am i drunk or does this guy look like michael cera
i'm pretty sure there was an early merchant that looked exactly like the creepy jewish guy from big bang theory

Today i took this screenshot in Mad Max and it looked familiar.

Then i remembered

And then it hit me. Max Payne lost his
family (wife and daughter)
, Mad Max lost his
family (wife and daughter)
. Max Payne wandered around to fix his issues, Mad Max wandered around to fix his issues. Max Payne 3 ending scene is
in tropical place near ocean/see
, Mad Max is set on former
sea bed
. Could it be? Mad Max is Max Payne in alternate universe? Mad Max is Max Payne? XD
it'd explain why i love both characters so much

but thinking that max payne 3 is the connection between them is kind of depressing so fuck that lol

Jazz573

Even then sometimes they just sell it on their site or another site and that's it.

Well, we do know that Without Within 2 is coming to Steam, since the first game is on Steam, and also because it's been Greenlit. The other two are still in the crowdfunding phase, so they might not even happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom