• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasilZero

I have asked this question before but didnt get a response :/

SteamGAF - Are you able to play games for an example you purchase from the US on overseas?

I dont plan to buy anything while I'm out of the country but I would like to know if I will be able to download and play games ;o.

Uzzy

finished ground zeroes, kiefer sutherland is really expensive isn't he, snake barely said anything

It's crazy really. They got Kiefer and had him voice an almost mute character. Very bizarre choice, I wonder if they had financial issues or timetabling issues with getting Kiefer to do more voice work.

Salsa

It's crazy really. They got Kiefer and had him voice an almost mute character. Very bizarre choice, I wonder if they had financial issues or timetabling issues with getting Kiefer to do more voice work.

MGSV development was obviously nuts and very trouble ridden. look at the afermath

I very highly doubt it was a choice at all

we'll learn the truth eventually maybe

It's seriously Gordon Freeman levels of bizarre Silent Protagonism; y'know, the sort of thing that makes Legend of Zelda look like a narrative masterpiece. You'll have people having full conversations with the completely blank and emotionless slate before them, and deciding things based on their silent (dis)approval. It gets even worse because he'll actually talk normally sometimes, generally during audio logs, which brings the whole silence thing even further into bizarro land. Like, c'mon, at least try to make use of the dude you hired.

Really, I just want to hear David Hayter say Metal Gear the way he does once more. That man is an artist.

rtcn63

Didn't they make BJ from Wolfenstein practically a silent protagonist as well? Maybe everyone going back to them RPG roots.

Turfster

I have asked this question before but didnt get a response :/

SteamGAF - Are you able to play games for an example you purchase from the US on overseas?

I dont plan to buy anything while I'm out of the country but I would like to know if I will be able to download and play games ;o.

You should be*.

(* In most cases. There might always be exceptions.)

Unavailable to me, someone help me?
Don't feel bad.
Nuuvem doesn't let me buy anything.

Anteater

Yeah so like what VPN do I use steamgaf

oh boy

get ready for TPP

we'll see, I have access to TPP!

I like how people criticize david hayter and stuff ever since Kiefer got the role, but like I don't even notice the voice acting in ground zeroes

Didn't they make BJ from Wolfenstein practically a silent protagonist as well? Maybe everyone going back to them RPG roots.

BJ Blazkowicz is far from a silent protagonist in The New Order and The Old Blood. In fact that's what's kind of amazing about the MachineGames Wolfenstein's, they created this interesting character out of virtually nothing.

Turfster

bought mad max

got to play phantom pain from my friend

still a hundred hours into witcher 3 exploring

life is good

Got called at 4am by an African high rate callback scam (I did not call back) which caused me to lose my train of code thought.

don't have mad max

don't have phantom pain

still haven't slogged my way through watch_dogs

life is misery

Turfster

why are you even playing watchdogs turfster

Because someone bought it for me.
We've been over this.

You can knock this out of the way in 20 hours or less if you just stick to the story missions and unlocking the towers.

I've mainly been doing other things (work, shadowrun hong kong, working on my own game...), but yeah, I'll probably go back to it this week and try to get it finished.

Anteater

Because someone bought it for me.
We've been over this.

No we haven't

because we still need to find out what sort of friends are buying you all these games

i mean my friends wouldn't buy me bad rats the trilogy and prequel

what kind of friends do you have!? those aren't cheap games either!

maybe you should warn your friends before they spend all those money on ubi games!

Mr. Doop

No we haven't

because we still need to find out what sort of friends are buying you all these games

i mean my friends wouldn't buy me bad rats the trilogy and prequel

what kind of friends do you have!? those aren't cheap games either!

maybe you should warn your friends before they spend all those money on ubi games!

Maybe you just have crappy friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom