• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

Okay, so from the Kickstarter page for that Otome game I linked to:

Kickstarter said:
Available on mobile devices and possibility of Steam (if Greenlit)

So it looks like Steam is planned. The other kickstarter I'm not sure. I looked on the page but all it says is PC, no mention of Steam, but that doesn't mean it isn't.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I want this but I must resist.

Apocalyptic horizons...

yiOtzf.jpg

Teggy

Depends on the game but in and around 20-30% more GPU usage over 1920x1080 in most big budget titles and VRAM can be next to nothing to 500mb depending on how it renders. Though I had 2 780's in SLI for 18 months and never had any problems at 2560x1440 outside of Ultra textures in Watch_Dogs (Unity really does need more than 3gb VRAM but it handled it a lot better). Best thing to do is try out a few games you have now DSRed at 2560x1440 to get a feel of where you are but everything that had even reasonable SLI scaling I could get in and around 60.

Do you (or anyone else) have any experience with this monitor?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MSOND8C/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It gets great reviews, but the only thing that concerns me are the reports of quality control problems.

Jawmuncher

I'm at 40 hours myself in 5 days, know a few others here have been playing even more. If I wasn't doing side missions I would already have beaten it.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
The gamenight is about to start!

Remember, you don't need to own the game to play!

Go over to http://www.hitbox.tv/DongsMacabre for a good time.

I'm doing another Quiplash/Jackbox Party Pack Fun Night tonight, since it's been two weeks since the last one!

header.jpg

header.jpg

You don't need to own the game to play!

The stream will be at http://www.hitbox.tv/DongsMacabre
I'll be recording the stream and uploading it to YouTube after.

t1441501200z4.png

That's 6pm Pacific and 9pm Eastern

Rules:
1. Be there or be square.

iosefe

remember when i said i'd give someone a $20 steam card plus another items under 5 bucks for Mad Max?

that offer is still open.

i'd rather not hassle with nuuvem

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm tempted by Mad Max, impressions on here good?

nbBlR03.png

Mad Max - Hero Prinny
Yo so like in this game you play as a guy named Max, hes super mad and you're in a desert cause the world went to shit. its open world and you get this dope car to drive around that you can upgrade! also in this game you got to collect gasoline for your car and go around the world using your harpoon gun to collect scraps to upgrade your car (cause that sounds super fun). It'll probably have a bunch of shitty collectables that any sane person is going to ignore but hey, someone must be collecting all that nonsense, why else would every game have them? The hand to hand is like Batman but my boy Max goes crazy and just shotguns everyone unlike punk ass batman that swears to god he doesn't kill people my mans leaves people in a state worse than death if anything, no way you can tell me what batman does is better than death. Game also features some car combat too which is crazy as hell, you got flame throwers on your car and like you go BSHHHHHHH with it and shit, also you get spikes on the wheels to fuck up other people's tires cause fuck them. Anyways, it comes out the same day as MGS5 so you're probably not buying it but like bro, give it a purchase during a sale or something, it'll probably be a dope game and its being developed in house so it possibly, maybe, perhaps won't run like a dog with no legs.

Yeah

Anteater

dear paz:

another army is after me because i pressed the wrong button

I'm still on my way

sincerely yours, big boss

PS: I'm now on a tank, these people don't look too friendly

Omega

Banned
anyone have a Quiet card they are willing to trade?

i know there's a dedicated thread for this but no one uses it so I was hoping someone could help me

am i drunk or does this guy look like michael cera
Couldn't be both?
I've completely fucked up missions and had to kill entire bases and still ended up with an A. I guess I don't set off alarms often and don't do too much two way fighting. Mostly sneak around and headshot.

Useful for MB : Tranq
Not Useful for MB : Dead

It's quite strange. The game itself, is really fantastic. To me, it just doesn't FEEL like a MGS game. The gameplay is spot on, although I really miss the weapon customization of MGS4 though. And not being able to bring multiple 'secondary weapons' (because of robo hand) is a bummer.

Loving the MB stuff, enjoying the side ops, enjoying the main missions. Story just seems lacking so far which isn't really typical of a Kojima game. All I've got so far is "make MB bigger because fuck Cipher". The 'story' has been kind of a let down after that epic prologue.
Speed is everything in MGSV, you could run and gun all the way to your objectives as long as you do it fast.

After playing the prologue, I can say that I don't care for control robbing cutscenes at all.

I think most tapes were cutscenes that didn't make the cut.
i'm a 2000 year old dragon
Be my dragon dad pls
MGS V performance definitely decreased in the last patch right? At max settings I'm getting 50 FPS at 1440P at times with a 980Ti :/

Game looks worse than Ground Zeroes and runs worse.
Game runs 60fps @1440p DSR with one 980Ti
You should see the Mad Max DF thread if you want a giggle/hold your head in despair. Everything I loath about Gaming side in 3 pages. How dare Avalanche not take advantage of my superior shiny plastic toy box! Any warranted discussion about said title, its rendering tech (which has some neat things going on mind) and how it performs are completely lost now.
Elitism and entitlement are fine as long as you're not a PC gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom