• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroyume

Banned
Uhh, why?
Two good PnC games, one good microphone game, plus a Looking Glass game.
What's not to like here?
(Other than the low number of games, which I will give you. But quality is great)

Not a fan of PnC games. And that leaves In Verbis Virtus remaining, which looks cool, but requires a microphone. So, there's not much there for me personally.

Dr Dogg

NeoGAF DF thread

You could say any load on nonsense if you worked for a tech focused site and some folks will lap it up if it fits their narrative. Even if it's a lot of made up gobbledygook like some of the more popular sites that get traction here do. Everything about them sets up an embattled stance from the off, especially with them whole 'Outlet Vs The Game' and 'Face Off!' language used. It's like the language used on a boxing of MMA fight card and not something you should be binging into what should be a scientific study (well it would be if conducted correctly).

Wow, Tales from Borderlands is actually legit good. It's remarkably well-written and a clear step forward from the deathly serious Walking Dead stuff, into a much more light-hearted and self-aware story. And it manages to be fun, tense, edge-of-the-seat stuff, too!

I'm shocked.

There were rumors of an Open World remake of MGS1? What! o_o

Actually, I've been thinking of making a thread about that since yesterday.
MGS 1 & 2 would be amazing on the current FOX engine. They don't have to make it open world, just remake them as it is.
But that's just a dream now.. #fuckonami

Danj

Steam needs a way to mute certain types of notifications. Like, everyone on my friends list + their dog owns Phantom Pain, and every time I see the notification pop up that they're playing it, it just reminds me that I can't afford it.

Momentary

Banned
I really love the ambient sounds of Big Screen Mode... It gives me a PS1 startup screen vibe and makes me feel so damn good for some reason. Takes me back to when I used to play FFVII everyday after school. Man, it feels so good.

Maniac

Banned
Steam needs a way to mute certain types of notifications. Like, everyone on my friends list + their dog owns Phantom Pain, and every time I see the notification pop up that they're playing it, it just reminds me that I can't afford it.

The solution is simple: You need less friends.

I recommend utilising a hatchet for butchering them. This way, you can also claim their computer as your own, and play MGSV.

you can disable them in settings. I find notifications really annoying so I disabled all of them except friend requests.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think I did that quest line first at novigrad, that's where I started liking the game.

i've been liking the game way before but yea, that ff6 esque play thing

so funny

novigrad works so well cos the game kind of stops being open world for a while. like, i haven't been on the horse in like what feels like ages and i haven't even seen a question marker in forever either

i don't necessarily hate the open world stuff, but i much prefer the condensed bunch of fun sidequests instead

Dr Dogg

In some ways (namely gameplay) I'm finding MGS5 the best in the series but others I'm still pining for the older, goofier MGS. It's really going to have to do something drastic to shit the bed though I don't know if 5 will eclipse 3 as my fav.

Milamber

OMG, I haven't been on SteamGAF for so long. OP3, TPP, TW3 and completing a Master Grade RX-78-2 v3.0 has been occupying every free time I have.

What did I miss?

Salsa

In some ways (namely gameplay) I'm finding MGS5 the best in the series but others I'm still pining for the older, goofier MGS. It's really going to have to do something drastic to shit the bed though I don't know if 5 will eclipse 3 as my fav.

idk im kinda in this boat but then again zorro skullface shows up and im like "this is silly enough"

Tizoc

OMG, I haven't been on SteamGAF for so long. OP3, TPP, TW3 and completing a Master Grade RX-78-2 v3.0 has been occupying every free time I have.

What did I miss?

Luckily not much.

How're you finding OP MUsou 3? Someone is working on an Ultra textures mod for it.

Dr Dogg

idk im kinda in this boat but then again zorro skullface shows up and im like "this is silly enough"

True but there's not enough of that for me. It's like all the dialogue heavy cutscenes have been stripped out and in their place are filler missions that don't advance the story one bit and serve nothing than segments of gameplay. They could be chucked in the Side Ops list like the mission you need to go destroy 3 satellite dishes just because or the one where you're rushing around blowing up tanks and artillery in 15 mins. They're great in gameplay terms but I've been doing that sort of stuff when just pissing about in the map inbetween mission. Where's the crazy Special Forces unit that shout out their names like a DBZ character? Where's the hero who is inexperienced and shy around girls but gets all excited when she shows him a gun? Where's the crazy villain with a lightning charged suit and fancies Raiden?

Milamber

Luckily not much.

How're you finding OP MUsou 3? Someone is working on an Ultra textures mod for it.

Pretty repetitive, well it is a Musou game, but fun.I'm really thankful for the coin leveller. I can't be assed to run through the levels nonstop with each character just to boost them.

Kaleinc

Banned
Easy:

MNodboU.png

Tizoc

Pretty repetitive, well it is a Musou game, but fun.I'm really thankful for the coin leveller. I can't be assed to run through the levels nonstop with each character just to boost them.

You may end up having to do that eventually for the 100% completion :p
Also dat Nami ninja outfit.

I turned those off myself. Every time I saw one and tried to start a discussion on said game, I was usually told they were just idling the game for cards.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
So PC slightly ahead with PS4 practically biting at its tail and Xbox trailing somewhere in the distance. As expected then considering the hardware in the respective 3 boxes. I believe that the PC-PS4 gap is even smaller than the one for Ground Zeroes which is doubly expected due to the recent revelation that PS4's ability to use async compute provides a massive boost in performance. It's a shame that Kojima Productions has disbanded as, with the next iteration of the engine, I could easily see the gap fully close.

d28oUxG.gif

Hey guys remember how there was supposed to be a 3rd loction in mgs5, is it still there or was it cut? Cause the ps4 version of the game i got came with a map but it only has afghanistan and Africa.

Chariot

Hey guys remember how there was supposed to be a 3rd loction in mgs5, is it still there or was it cut? Cause the ps4 version of the game i got came with a map but it only has afghanistan and Africa.
The promise was broken. Paradise is nothing but a beautiful valley. The honey rivers turned red when the hounds were released too early. Ravaged, burned down. While still alive, while still healthy, we are missing the promised eternal luck. Oh may god have mercy on us, may this just a test to endure. After 40 days and 40 nights, grant us absolution. Give us what we desired all along.

The promise was broken. Paradise is nothing but a beautiful valley. The honey rivers turned red when the hounds were released too early. Ravaged, burned down. While still alive, while still healthy, we are missing the promised eternal luck. Oh may god have mercy on us, may this just a test to endure. After 40 days and 40 nights, grant us absolution. Give us what we desired all along.
Ah thats a shame :( consider me in the belief it would be the intro of mgs1 or something related to that game with hayter doing solid snake. The dream is dead

Jawmuncher

That's where I'm at with it. Gameplay is really good, but besides that I don't think I can say it'll top any of the older games for me.

There was word on Camp Omega being available later if you uploaded your GZ save, but I haven't heard any confirmation on it.

Maniac

Banned
There was word on Camp Omega being available later if you uploaded your GZ save, but I haven't heard any confirmation on it.

Konami themselves said so, although I've yet to see anyone actually access it, so maybe it was cut like a third of the game. Hard to say, but I've yet to see it confirmed.

fertygo

So I do get 2nd bundle for recent bundle from DailyIndieGame after reporting my typing mistake to support.

Anyone still interested for the split?

Tizoc

VJbox.jpg

Capcom pls

Funnily enough there are like a handful of V. Joe games right? Would be neat to have Vol. 1 be 1+2 HD remasters, and then a 2nd collection being the remaining games, if they don't involve some licensing kurfuffle.

For that matter there are also only a handful of Darkstalkers games:
The very first 1 (Darkstalkers)
The 'remake' (DS' Revenge)
Dakstalkers 3
2 Remixes of Darkstalkers 3 (known in JP as Vampire Savior 2 and Vampire Hunter 2)

Other than that are compilation re-releases on various systems.

Uzzy

MY EARS ARE BLEEDING!!!

Psychological Warfare! I think the low quality music adds a certain something to the insanity of seeing Pequod bury the 40th Army.

If by that you mean Daniel Bryan's version, then yes! yes! yes!

Sölf;177738428 said:
We need a helicopter with this.

Now that works. I had thought that my GITS music was neat, but really there's a whole world of possibilities out there. I must consider how silly I want to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom