• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danj

The solution is simple: You need less friends.

I recommend utilising a hatchet for butchering them. This way, you can also claim their computer as your own, and play MGSV.

Yeah I can't afford MGSV right now. Did I not mention that?

you can disable them in settings. I find notifications really annoying so I disabled all of them except friend requests.

Easy:

MNodboU.png

I turned those off myself. Every time I saw one and tried to start a discussion on said game, I was usually told they were just idling the game for cards.

This is really helpful, thanks everyone who suggested it!

Tizoc

That's like saying, "Sorry, we're out of vanilla, but we do have chocolate."

Dragon's Dogma's combat is well revered, and from what I read about the MMO it's lives up it.
Besides I don't like vanilla, gimme chocolate any day~

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey it's still a +1, besides there's FF11 and FF14 ARR, no need to hate a genre just cuz you can't devote time for it :V

DDO is F2P, so a Steam release wouldn't be a +1 unless there was some sort of pay-to-play Early Access period or Capcom handed out beta keys.

Tizoc

DDO is F2P, so a Steam release wouldn't be a +1 unless there some sort of pay-to-play Early Access period or Capcom handed out beta keys.

Well the game showed up in the Media Create for this week-
01./00. [3DS] Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King <RPG> (Square Enix) {2015.08.27} (¥6.458) - 584.716 / NEW <72,27%>
02./02. [3DS] Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2015.07.30} (¥4.320) - 48.978 / 959.049 (-26%)
03./03. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team / White Dog Squad <ACT> (Level 5) {2015.07.11} (¥4.968) - 48.868 / 1.400.802 (+1%)
04./00. [PS4] Dragon's Dogma Online <ACT> (Capcom) {2015.08.27} (¥8.424) - 29.316 / NEW
05./04. [WIU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.05.28} (¥6.156) - 23.403 / 607.670 (-2%)
06./00. [PS4] Until Dawn <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.08.27} (¥7.452) - 17.472 / NEW
07./00. [PS3] TV Anime Idolm@ster: Cinderella Girls G4U! Pack Vol.4 <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.08.27} (¥10.778) - 15.496 / NEW
08./00. [3DS] Famicom Remix Best Choice <ETC> (Nintendo) {2015.08.27} (¥3.996) - 14.079 / NEW
09./05. [3DS] Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.06.11} (¥5.076) - 13.716 / 445.991 (+14%)
10./01. [3DS] Super Robot Wars BX <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.08.20} (¥7.171) - 13.423 / 111.789 (-86%)
11./07. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.19} (¥2.592) - 8.685 / 308.686 (+8%)
12./00. [PS3] Dragon's Dogma Online <ACT> (Capcom) {2015.08.27} (¥8.424) - 8.202 / NEW
Granted it's the PS3 ver. but if it's F2P, why did chart?

Just blindly assume it's a +1, and it has a Beta for a +2 and get hype :V

MUnited83

For you.
This guy/girl really wants to justify high VRAM usage in Batman AK

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177740357&postcount=9832

Also 10 hours later i am still enjoying in Mad Max. There are really interesting things to see if you go to Big Nothing :D

Aahaha, I was just about to post the same thing. They are trying really hard to defend a unoptimised mess. So many posts saying "it's just your PC that sucks" or " you shouldn't expect to hit 1440p on your build anyway".
I'ts getting really really annoying.

Nzyme32

Aahaha, I was just about to post the same thing. They are trying really hard to defend a unoptimised mess. So many posts saying "it's just your PC that sucks" or " you shouldn't expect to hit 1440p on your build anyway".

Yeah some of the defence in there is pretty ridiculous. Thankfully this is just the "first interim patch", so hopefully they do actually optimise it to a reasonable degree rather than the mess it is in currently.

dex3108

It is easy to defend port when you have High End PC and he/she has it. :D

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
This guy/girl really wants to justify high VRAM usage in Batman AK

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177740357&postcount=9832

Also 10 hours later i am still enjoying in Mad Max. There are really interesting things to see if you go to Big Nothing :D
I'm not really seeing an issue with that post. The games performance is on par with the witcher 3 for me and it looks quite a bit better than the witcher 3 a lot of the time. And both are open world.

gelf

In some ways (namely gameplay) I'm finding MGS5 the best in the series but others I'm still pining for the older, goofier MGS. It's really going to have to do something drastic to shit the bed though I don't know if 5 will eclipse 3 as my fav.
I'm only a few hours in and I'm feeling similar. I played MGS not just for the stealth but also I love the insanity, I like the regular gameplay being punctuated by regular boss battles and I like plenty of Kojimas weird cinematic moments like say the MGS3 ladder. If it has those kind of moments their certainly more spaced out.

Its a great game but I doubt I'll hold it in the same affection as 1 and 3 by the end. But I'm only a short way in so we'll see if it surprises me. Unlike some fans I'm fine with the shorter cutscenes and lack of codecs though.

dex3108

I'm not really seeing an issue with that post. The games performance is on par with the witcher 3 for me and it looks quite a bit better than the witcher 3 a lot of the time. And both are open world.

He/she is speaking how game is optimized since patch was released but his/her PC is machine with GTX 980, SSD and probably monster CPU. And from what i saw if you don't have GTX970 or better card Batman is hot mess. That is not what would i call good optimization. MGS V and Mad Max are games that are optimized well for PC. Batman has issues with very high VRAM usage and RAM usage and what you see on screen often doesn't justify that high memory usage. Even on Normal textures are average for Unreal Engine 3 game, and games looks better with rain/reflections the it would without them. Arkham Origins was big game too and it looked really good on PC, and it worked great on big range of PCs.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
He/she is speaking how game is optimized since patch was released but his/her PC is machine with GTX 980, SSD and probably monster CPU. And from what i saw if you don't have GTX970 or better card Batman is hot mess. That is not what would i call good optimization. MGS V and Mad Max are games that are optimized well for PC. Batman has issues with very high VRAM usage and RAM usage and what you see on screen often doesn't justify that high memory usage. Even on Normal textures are average for Unreal Engine 3 game, and games looks better with rain/reflections the it would without them. Arkham Origins was big game too and it looked really good on PC, and it worked great on big range of PCs.

Arkham Knight looks significantly better than Mad Max, Metal Gear Solid 5 and Arkham Origins soo...

derExperte

Hmm, Party Hard sounds interesting but frustrating =/

https://youtu.be/GyRdHcVryy0

Not nearly as frustrating as me having accidentally given TB a view, thanks for that. :p

I only had problems with one of the last levels, it's less frustrating and more repetitive because there are too many people running randomly around to plan and execute any grand strategies. Slowly kill one by one and when only a few are left run around and massacre the rest. Same next level. And the next. And the music becomes an annoyance fast too, game wants to be like Hotline Miami but falls short in every single aspect.

maty

Shit, my KF2 order from nuuvem was canceled because it was not available after I bought it, and was issued a refund. Guess I´ll wait for the sale at the end of the year :/

def sim

I'll probably get around to Mad Max whenever I finish MGSV. I was supposed to play a whole bunch of it yesterday but, instead, I decided to download free Goat Simulator on xbone and get the flappy goat achievement.

Parsnip

My chopper song is still Take On Me from the in-game selections, but I'm thinking about putting something custom there. But I can't seem to decide what.

inm8num2

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Star Chronicles: Delta Quadrant -- MB-C1BAB7D558ECCE31 - Taken by Purkake4
Slinki -- MB-A641C7618B56C477 - Taken by nightstorm

What if like maybe konami cut the 3rd map of the game to sell as dlc or an expansion depending on how big it is. I hate dlc but id rather that be the case than the 3rd part of the game gone forever

Sini

I just got MGSV for nothing from someone in chat of Steam braodcast I decided to watch.
2015-09-06_18-33-14.png

I just had started watching when he sent that message so I was really lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom