• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sini

I am looking for any solution regading my problem with the "Explore" function on Steam.

DUoDQAt.png

Whenever I explore my list of games in the hope of discovering games which have passed under my radar, I usually end up on a game which is not available in my store. There is no way to say that I am not interested in the game, and the game keeps coming if I try to explore again. It is as if I had converged to a "bassin d'attraction" from which I cannot escape. Today, the game is Startopia.

hj73aNV.png

2FZHnyK.png
There's nothing you can do besides waiting for new list to be generated. In the old times you could do ?cc=country code trick to see the that unavailable game, but they disabled that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I am looking for any solution regading my problem with the "Explore" function on Steam.

DUoDQAt.png

Whenever I explore my list of games in the hope of discovering games which have passed under my radar, I usually end up on a game which is not available in my store. There is no way to say that I am not interested in the game, and the game keeps coming if I try to explore again. It is as if I had converged to a "bassin d'attraction" from which I cannot escape. Today, the game is Startopia.

hj73aNV.png

2FZHnyK.png

View the game's community hub and click the "Follow" link. That'll remove it from the queue. It's an inelegant solution, but the only other alternative is to use a VPN and switch store regions.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I swear trying to do this nuuvem crap is a mess. Signed up for a damn paypal account, linked my CC, and the paypal log-in option on nuuvem is completely blank. Just loads a blank window form. Tried disabling all adblock etc and nothing works. So now ive signed up to two sites putting my info out there, used a vpn service and have gotten nowhere

I swear trying to do this nuuvem crap is a mess. Signed up for a damn paypal account, linked my CC, and the paypal log-in option on nuuvem is completely blank. Just loads a blank window form. Tried disabling all adblock etc and nothing works. So now ive signed up to two sites putting my info out there, used a vpn service and have gotten nowhere
Man, sorry you're having issues. It worked always flawless and easy for me with FlyVPN & PayPal.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

DUoDQAt.png

hj73aNV.png

2FZHnyK.png

Also a bit inelegant, but you can open the console (F12 in most browsers) and copy in:

Code:
$J.post( 'http://store.steampowered.com/recommended/ignorerecommendation/', { sessionid: g_sessionID, appid: window.location.pathname.match(/\/(\d+)\//)[1] });

This will take the app of the current page you're on and add it to your "not interested" list.

EDIT: This obviously doesn't work in the Steam client

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

~Kinggi~
My info is out there.
(Today, 01:51 AM)

If you kept the VPN enabled when logging into PayPal, try disabling it instead (or vice-versa).

Pachimari

Can I turn off FlyVPN after having used it? And I am supposed to turn it off right before I pay with PayPal?

[edit]
Even if I use FlyVPN and one of their Brazilian servers, Killing Floor 2 still says Unavailable on Nuuvem.

~Kinggi~

Banned
~Kinggi~
My info is out there.
(Today, 01:51 AM)

If you kept the VPN enabled when logging into PayPal, try disabling it instead (or vice-versa).

Ok i have gotten somewhere.

Apparently you can buy Mad Max without using FlyVPN.

The only way i was able to fix my paypal issue was use internet explorer instead of Firefox.

Now im gonna try with the vpn.

Edit: No luck. When i try to make purchase through paypal it says products not available in my region. Thats with both vpn enabled and disabled. Shit sucks.

Kagemusha

Tunnelbear extension for Chrome works for me. And I always keep the VPN on when checking out. My Credit card and Pay pal have never stopped the transaction. I've done it that way at least three times. Which if I think about it, is scary.
The key for Act of Aggression is locked for activation, so you need to use VPN to activate that on Steam.
I thought I had bugged things with the Dying Light Season Pass but it works. The game doesn't install the Season pass for anyone yet.

Pachimari

Do Killing Floor 2 turn up as available on Nuveem for any of you guys with either FlyVPN or Tunnelbear? I have tried bought now, and it just says unavailable.

Lolcomin

Banned
Hola is the easiest to use and you can just remove it from chrome when you finish. Couldn't pass up Dying Light and season pass for $24

~Kinggi~

Banned
Hola is the easiest to use and you can just remove it from chrome when you finish. Couldn't pass up Dying Light and season pass for $24

What is wrong with Hola again? If i use it once am i opening a backdoor or something?

Do Killing Floor 2 turn up as available on Nuveem for any of you guys with either FlyVPN or Tunnelbear? I have tried bought now, and it just says unavailable.

Seems to be unavailable for purchase period.

Jawmuncher

Just a heads up the hamburgers of Kazuhira Miller tapes are worth listening too in MGSV. Not really story related, just funny.

Momentary

Banned
This guy/girl really wants to justify high VRAM usage in Batman AK

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177740357&postcount=9832

Also 10 hours later i am still enjoying in Mad Max. There are really interesting things to see if you go to Big Nothing :D

The things they are saying almost makes them sound fanatical. Like I said, I'm not touching that game until Pascal. I really don't think it's going to get any better without brute forcing your way through its problems.

So what's up with the High textures looking the exact same as normal textures?

Pafnucy

Those Humble build your own bundles are great, just got all dlc for crusader kings 2 for 15 euro (-90% from 150 euro). Keep them coming.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Well thanks for the help but this whole endeavor seems like a no-go for me. Cant get past nuuvem spitting me an error about regions problems when i go to purchase through pay-pal with flyvpn.

Kuroyume

Banned
Anyone have a list of the build your bundles humble has run so far during this promotion? I built one for devolver digital, as I thought that was great.

Devolver Digital
Paradox Entertainment
Tell Tale
Paradox Interactive
Daedalic

Is that all of them?

Turfster

Anyone have a list of the build your bundles humble has run so far during this promotion? I built one for devolver digital, as I thought that was great.

Devolver Digital
Paradox Entertainment
Tell Tale
Paradox Interactive
Daedalic

Is that all of them?

Double Fine

We're possibly getting a few more on wednesday.

Turfster

What does this mean? Am I not safe when I use Hola? I have had it installed as a Chrome extension for months. =/

It means that just like you connect to some random dude in <country you want to spoof>, random dudes connect to you for <your country>, and use your bandwidth for sites/streaming videos/botnetting/whatever.
It's only supposed to do it when your system is "idle", but...

Momentary

Banned
Well Zestiria's prepurchase tier 3 counter is up to 25% now. But with a month and a half to go unless Scamco do a Defiance I don't think the Symphonia dream is going to happen. Although I want to see the actual figures and maths behind this.

Most pre-order purchases occur a week or two when the game is announced and a week or two before the game is released. The same thing can be seen during Kickstarter campaigns a little more vividly. It's going to meet its goal more than likely. There's about 4 people in my barracks that are going to buy the game, but not until the first pay day of October. It's not like digital preorders are going to run out and people need to make their purchases immediately.

Darkroronoa

I really want to say that The Talos Principle is a masterpiece.
The puzzles, the story, amazing. Its not flawless but it seems to does so many things right.
First time i played it i just saw it for a few minutes (maybe 15 minutes, a couple puzzles), said was really nice and then it got "back to the backlog" with a mental note to visit it again.
So i revisited and played like 7 hours in half a day, i cant remember the last time that i played so much, i could not drop it.
I wanted to solve more of these delicious puzzles.
I wanted more of the amazing story,a story that fits so amazing between the puzzles with excellent pacing, interesting and i even felt really sad at moments, and a topic that could be boring but its like the most interesting thing ever. I wanted to explore the world for every tiny bit piece of information.

Its a must play imo, for me its the best puzzle game out there. I hasnt finished it yet but its already in my heart.

Sober

It means that just like you connect to some random dude in <country you want to spoof>, random dudes connect to you for <your country>, and use your bandwidth for sites/streaming videos/botnetting/whatever.
It's only supposed to do it when your system is "idle", but...
Last I checked it only mattered when you had it on to use, but I think there was something shady about like a non-browser extension version of Hola which was what the big fuss was about.

Dr Dogg

I believe people won't pre-purchase this early.

It will probably pick up it's pace closer to launch.

Most pre-order purchases occur a week or two when the game is announced and a week or two before the game is released. The same thing can be seen during Kickstarter campaigns a little more vividly. It's going to meet its goal more than likely. There's about 4 people in my barracks that are going to buy the game, but not until the first pay day of October. It's not like digital preorders are going to run out and people need to make their purchases immediately.

Do you know how many times people say this but have little to no data to back this claim up? How crowdfunding and prepurchasing works are two completely different beasts. Kickstarter for example has goals for specific funding tiers that people may be interested in which adapt and change over the course of the campaign and have a completely transparent way of viewing the data including the total value and amount of pledges made as well as notifications sent out for the last 48 hours. There's also elements how the campaign is run and communication from the team running the campaign to drum up interest and hoping to get those who have pledged to spread the word and usually result in a big push towards the end. Not quite the same as a Steam prepurchase offer now is it plus where's the data showing when folks have made their purchase? Unlike crowdfunding it's not publicly available unless the publisher supplies it and Steamspy isn't even remotely accurate until the title is at least released for a while.

Tenrius

There's nothing you can do besides waiting for new list to be generated. In the old times you could do ?cc=country code trick to see the that unavailable game, but they disabled that.

Note that you can still use the ?cc=country thing, just need to be logged out (obviously it doesn't help Wok's issue though)

MUnited83

For you.
Do you know how many times people say this but have little to no data to back this claim up? How crowdfunding and prepurchasing works are two completely different beasts. Kickstarter for example has goals for specific funding tiers that people may be interested in which adapt and change over the course of the campaign and have a completely transparent way of viewing the data including the total value and amount of pledges made as well as notifications sent out for the last 48 hours. There's also elements how the campaign is run and communication from the team running the campaign to drum up interest and hoping to get those who have pledged to spread the word and usually result in a big push towards the end. Not quite the same as a Steam prepurchase offer now is it plus where's the data showing when folks have made their purchase? Unlike crowdfunding it's not publicly available unless the publisher supplies it and Steamspy isn't even remotely accurate until the title is at least released for a while.

Common sense?

I've seen this pattern over and over.

Brand new preorder- surge in sales, appears in top sellers
Weeks following that, if the game is still months away- it will drop form the top sellers quite quickly
Release is pretty close- Sales start picking up again, goes to the top of the top seller list again.

This is true with practically every major release. You can easily see that many, many people pick it up when the release date is closing in.

Dr Dogg

Common sense?

I've seen this pattern over and over.

Brand new preorder- surge in sales, appears in top sellers
Weeks following that, if the game is still months away- it will drop form the top sellers quite quickly
Release is pretty close- Sales start picking up again, goes to the top of the top seller list again.

This is true with practically every major release. You can easily see that many, many people pick it up when the release date is closing in.

That's not common sense that's more than likely due to visability but that still does not show specific data on when people are making purchases. Most titles we see now unless they're very high profile don't get purchase options until a couple of days until release if at all and wishlisting is generally the only option available. As I said there is very little data out there but when you do look at it, like for example GTAV, it was pretty much top spot or there abouts from the moment purchase options went up, until release and beyond. Now I'm not saying that it isn't the case that most preorders come the moment the store page shows up and further turn up when it hits the upcoming releases page but how many come in on release day after it has released? How many come in when word is out that it's technically sound? How many of those preorders cancelled before release? I'd rather have something you can point to and go 'there and there' rather than speculation.

This is going to be a decent week for releases. Armikrog, Loves in a Dangerous Spacetime, Dropsy, and Queen's Quest: Tower of Darkness. More hidden object goodness from Artifex Mundi.

MUnited83

For you.
I want War of the Vikings but I don't want anyone else(i'd like EU IV but it costs wayyyy too much to get everything so I'd rather wait).

So if by any luck someone is look into getting only 4 games from the sale, I'd love to send you the 3.5$ for War of the Vikings and you can get the 90% discount.

MUnited83

For you.
Ok, let's do this if anyone is interested.

Build a Paradox Bundle

War of the Vikings- BernardoOne
Crusader Kings 2 Rajas of India- BernardoOne
Crusader Kings 2 Charlemagne- BernardoOne
-
-

Need two more people that are interested in one or two of the games of the promotion so we can all get the 90% discount and only get the title we are interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom