• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help with something?

Ever since I've used steam I've never been able to download at anything over 2mbs even though my internet is much faster than that.

I've been told by my ISP that they don't throttle download speeds.

Could it be that my hard drive is slow? I just can't understand why it's so slowwww.

Arthea

let's do pics now

for all steamgaf (as my fl mostly consists of steamgaf)

what we've played last two weeks
played2winj7z.jpg
surprisingly clicker heroes aren't at the top still

what we play all time

what we want to play instead

derExperte

Can anyone help with something?

Ever since I've used steam I've never been able to download at anything over 2mbs even though my internet is much faster than that.

I've been told by my ISP that they don't throttle download speeds.

Could it be that my hard drive is slow? I just can't understand why it's so slowwww.

Go into Settings->Downloads and try changing the download region.

Sakura Spirit - 30 seconds

Holy moly, Sakura is going to be the one seeking a refund, I think.

Yeah, no.
Only use it to sync up stuff I've gotten on another platform so I don't have to play again.
Thanks to StallionFree's "let's get some of the Tomb Raider multi ones as a group", I ended up grinding TR2013 to get the last few MP only trophies in solo matches.

*Curse you, StallionFree*

ive told him to use that before cause he was bitching about some other game's achievements as well but he was like nah its not the same thing or something like that. no one is gonna know anyway ;)

I know and it would bother me.
If a game glitches me out of an achievement I should've gotten (Yaiba, I'm looking at you!), I'll use SAM to fix it.
If I play a game on another platform and get trophies or achievements, I will "sync" my steam account with them... debated over that for some time, but I figure it's worth my sanity and taking a dent out of my backlog not to be compelled to go get all the achievements again in certain games on a 2nd or 3rd platform.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I like Assassin's Creed and I would stick my head into an industrial grinder before I got 100% completion in any of them.

I usually stop in the 90-95% range. The last 5-10% is always the worst. The side objectives are generally dogshit and the mission checkpoint systems or lack there of make a lot of them tedious to attempt and retry. I think my lowest percentage completion was probably Ass Rogue because that open world was like watching paint dry. I love New England like nobody else, but what a fucking waste.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Any recommendation between Hexcells, Hexcells Plus and Hexcells Infinite? They look pretty much the same to me and they are all 70% off.

I'm still mind boggled as to what happened to Killing Floor 2, used to be able to play it without issues and now just:

Every other game I have launches without issue, have completely erased everything from the game and reinstalled and the same happens. Guess I will have to actually contact the devs and see what is up.

Hektor

Any recommendation between Hexcells, Hexcells Plus and Hexcells Infinite? They look pretty much the same to me and they are all 70% off.

Buy all.
Hexcells gets harder with every game, you definitely wanna start with the original but once you've finished it you'll crave for more.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I usually stop in the 90-95% range. The last 5-10% is always the worst. The side objectives are generally dogshit and the mission checkpoint systems or lack there of make a lot of them tedious to attempt and retry. I think my lowest percentage completion was probably Ass Rogue because that open world was like watching paint dry. I love New England like nobody else, but what a fucking waste.

I had to settle for 99% in Rogue thanks to a broken viewpoint in Stuyvesant's Farm. At least I didn't encounter any save issues.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
If you're only getting one get infinite, but the real answer is to buy all three and play them all in that order.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Buy all.
Hexcells gets harder with every game, you definitely wanna start with the original but once you've finished it you'll crave for more.

Just get them all, man. It's less than 3 bucks and they're all pretty awesome.

If you're only getting one get infinite, but the real answer is to buy all three and play them all in that order.
Thanks, I'll do that. I was expecting overlap between the games, but apparently that's wrong.

I beat QUBE directors cut (even though the one I original I got was QUBE) but they are more less the same game (they took out a bs puzzle from the first version and that's about it.) and it was okay. I didn't find it amazing but passable except one weird pixel perfect puzzle that messed up at times. It's alright solid C.

derExperte

It didn't help unfortunately. Also my downloads aren't limited in steam.

Ever tried Uplay or Origin? I doubt it's your hardware, 2MB is literally nothing for a hard drive built after 1990. You could try VPN to make sure it isn't your provider but the free ones are usually slower. Try resetting your router. Try another PC or OS.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's also on Steam Greenlight!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=514451004&searchtext=Mesozoica

About the betas and steam keys:
Mikebert, apologies for the delay in your answer. The early development stages such as Closed Alpha, Open Alpha, Closed Beta and Open Beta will be held DRM Free, upon completing the Kickstarter Campaign, backers at the game level tier will have their choice of DRM free or steam keys.

The comment about pre-release keys reminds me: Exoplanet's "Steam release" won't happen until "[the devs] are 100% sure that [they] have a convenient backup option for DRM free distribution", which sounds to me like the alpha/beta won't transition to Steam until it's ready to be sold as an Early Access title, in which case paying for alpha access now is pointless. I'll probably end up yanking my pledge.

Edit: Killed my pledge and bought the Early Access edition of Rain World instead.

I'm okay with this.

This thread is kinda slowing down, isn't it?
It flipped 4 pages only since I went to bed.

And Steam, it's tuesday already so please switch that weekend deal off okay?

only? how embarrassing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

====
[REDACTED]
-212 hours
Warframe -175 hours
Starbound -167 hours
AoE2:HD -97 (inflated hours, computer left one while out of town)
Payday 2 -96 Hours
TF2 -93 hours
Civ V -68 hours
Terraria -61 hours
SW: Knights of the Old Republic 2 -48 hours

Don't be ashamed of Clicker Heroes

226 Hours

Acccent

Hey everyone :)

I'm not here often anymore (the move to Community doesn't help) so my question might have a very obvious answer, but here it is anyway: is there no thread for the Humble sales going on? I do check the gaming side frequently and the Steam sale thread was one thing that helped me keep up with them. I just realised that there was a sale going on on the Humble store and that I'd missed like 10 days, which wouldn't have happened if there had been a thread dedicated to it. (Obvioulsy I don't mean to say it's anyone's fault for not creating the thread and thus not helping me notice the sales lol, I'd just like to know so I can pay more attention to the humble website in the future :p )

Nuuvem keys are up tho, if you bought it there.

Multiplayer? Huh, that could become really coll with P.Zomboid.

It's a good game. Not sure how fun when trying to 100% it. With all the different endings and whatnot, not much I think.

It was two playthroughs -- with a few extra detours... the endings, thankfully, don't matter, especially since getting the trust levels high enough for the best ending is a huge thorn straight up into my ass.

Is King's Bounty Collection worth 3 dollar?

Does it include King's Bounty 2: Crossworlds? Then yes.

Keep in mind that KB2, KB2: Armoured Princess, and KB2: Crossworlds are all revisions on the same game, so if you get all of them it's rather deceptive. Crossworlds is the fullest and most complete version of the three, and unquestionably the best.

The newer King's Bounty games, from what I've heard, are all disappointing so just avoid them.

I'm not here often anymore (the move to Community doesn't help) so my question might have a very obvious answer, but here it is anyway: is there no thread for the Humble sales going on? I do check the gaming side frequently and the Steam sale thread was one thing that helped me keep up with them. I just realised that there was a sale going on on the Humble store and that I'd missed like 10 days, which wouldn't have happened if there had been a thread dedicated to it. (Obvioulsy I don't mean to say it's anyone's fault for not creating the thread and thus not helping me notice the sales lol, I'd just like to know so I can pay more attention to the humble website in the future :p )

Someone made a thread for the TellTale make-a-bundle deal, but not for the sale overall, I think. But overall there's just a lack of interest in sale events off Steam.

If you think it warrants a thread, by all means make one.

Annubis

Does it count if I let Sakura Clicker play itself?
Because I'm sure it will be my biggest time soon enough if not already.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is King's Bounty Collection worth 3 dollar?

I'd say yes. I think I only played the first one but I remember nice music, nice animations, and enough tactical battles to choke a horse. Not a lot to the story or the writing though. Maybe the later ones are fleshier in those areas.

rtcn63

MGSV: Should I keep fulton'd mortars/etc. if I don't plan on doing FOB? I'm asking these questions here because the official OT seems to be hit or miss when it comes to proper spoiler tags.

I think there was a thread or two about the build a bundles for Telltale and Devolver, but I don't know if there was a thread about the sale in general. The build a bundles were pretty much the only part of the sale worth mentioning so far imo.

Messiah

MGSV: Should I keep fulton'd mortars/etc. if I don't plan on doing FOB? I'm asking these questions here because the official OT seems to be hit or miss when it comes to proper spoiler tags.

You can sell them and get some GMP out of them. No other use if you don't plan on using FOB I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom