• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Capcom still isn't out of the woods yet for me though, considering we have no new Dino Crisis and a more realistic goal. They haven't said anything about bringing the great ace attorney to the west. But PC wise yeah they have been pretty good, hopefully they decide on rereleasing some updated old PC ports they have like DC and RE.

Arthea

so, Dragon Dogma finally will be playable too! yay!

I remember that some people said they can play it on PS3 in its current state, but I surely can't and I tried hard.

Jasec's believing works after all?

Jasec, please kindly believe in RDR, Atelier games, Yakuza games and RoF on steam, pretty please and then some? Oh and even more believe in all The Legend of Heroes series on steam, although that my require much more than that.

L.O.R.D

Also in Capcom news, here's their Tokyo Game Show lineup:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/tgs/index.html#booth

Monster Hunter Spirits is a low end arcade game, and the last thing is apparently a promotion with an Airsoft gun range in Japan.

In terms of ports/remakes/remasters/updates:
Monster Hunter X: This is an update to Monster Hunter 4G
Biohazard 0: HD port/remaster/whatever
Pokapoka Airou Mura: duckroll tells me this is an enhanced port or update to a PSP spinoff of Monster Hunter

So in terms of original titles...
Street Fighter V: Only launching with Sony's help
Monster Hunter Stories: duckroll describes this as a pokemon clone directed by the Director of Lost Planet 1/2, so I think that tells you about how much faith Capcom has in Lost Planet's continual survival as an IP.
Ace Attorney 6: Ace Attorney 5 didn't even get a retail release in the west, and the last Ace Attorney game didn't get localized at all. AA6 is going to be localized, but probably DD only.

Capcom: They're like Sega, only without a successful mobile division!
hmmm...
Monster Hunter X is spinoff of Monster Hunter series

Knurek

Okay, fuck it, getting that physical Gwent release.
I heard there's even a Witcher 3 expansion bundled with that, but seriously, who cares...

Speaking of Sega,

at some point they have to see this ridiculous demand for JRPGs on PC and have to be thinking to themselves about putting some of those Atlus games on there. If they had any sense, they'd fund a Persona 3 Golden version (to finally have a definitive version of the game available) and get Persona 4 Golden onto platforms other than the Vita.

Valkyria chronicles had to have exceeded expectations given it was a niche SRPG that was PS3 exclusive. There's a stupid amount of money to be made getting those Persona games on PC. I would double dip so hard.

I remember that some people said they can play it on PS3 in its current state, but I surely can't and I tried hard.

Jasec, please kindly believe in RDR, Atelier games, Yakuza games and RoF on steam, pretty please and then some? Oh and even more believe in all The Legend of Heroes series on steam, although that my require much more than that.
Ys Seven and Celceta too :p

Salsa

Speaking of Sega,

at some point they have to see this ridiculous demand for JRPGs on PC and have to be thinking to themselves about putting some of those Atlus games on there. If they had any sense, they'd fund a Persona 3 Golden version (to finally have a definitive version of the game available) and get Persona 4 Golden onto platforms other than the Vita.

There's a stupid amount of money to be made getting those Persona games on PC. I would double dip so hard.

there just has to be some sort of deal with Sony for the mainline Persona series

Q doesnt count

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

RDR will be an even bigger "I told you so!".

I don't even care about Red Dead Redemption but if that comes out on PC that will finally silence people acting like "Oh it's the one thing PC players can never get." People get really defensive about that game.

up next, ace attorney

and monster hunter
Emoticon_troll.gif

Backlogger

I don't even care about Red Dead Redemption but if that comes out on PC that will finally silence people acting like "Oh it's the one thing PC players can never get." People get really defensive about that game.

It's the best western themed game out there in my opinion. One of the few physical copy games I still have for my 360.

MUnited83

For you.
Speaking of Sega,

Valkyria chronicles had to have exceeded expectations given it was a niche SRPG that was PS3 exclusive. There's a stupid amount of money to be made getting those Persona games on PC. I would double dip so hard.

I'm amazed it still didn't happen. I mean, I get why they wouldn't port Persona 5 for a while, but the older games? That's goddamn free money waiting for them.

I'm also amazed that they still didn't announce any further port since Valkyria. It's so weird that they ported the most niche game people were asking for, was a goddamn amazing success, and they said nothing new ever since.

Salsa

Monster Hunter on Steam with the ease of online functionality there and after the popularity of Dark Souls on PC and stuff like in-game steam guides is one of those things that make too much sense for them to happen

maybe when we get SEGA Capcom

Jawmuncher

Brought it up as well, best to ignore it. Doesn't sound like they're going for keys. Rather just trying to see how things are done. So more than likely in the future nvidia promos will be region locked.

it uses MH4 as a base and changes the gameplay. simple enough. low cost i would say due to reused assets

That's been the series since the PS2 to PSP to Wii to 3DS & WiiU. Capcom is trying to milk not having to make new assets in a better graphics format.
Will be interesting next gen, since they'll probably have to. Unless they just want to do HD on everything. Which they could probably get away with.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Speaking of Sega,

I do hope for this but it really is a very slim chance of it actually happening.
ATLUS doesn't really seem that interested in PC as a platform.

It will be back, it's entering some sort of closed Beta in preparation for full release late October.

Devs said:
In summary:

On Tuesday, September the 8th Dovetail Games Fishing will exit Early Access and move into a “closed pre-order phase” until the full launch of the game in late October.
Players who already own the game will have access to both existing and new content during this phase.
New players will still be able to pre-order the game but not to play it until release
Patches will be more frequent, with players always having access to the latest content, but there will be more bugs. This is done to speed up the development/feedback loop.
Anyone who purchased the game during Early Access or pre-ordered it after Tuesday, September the 8th will get the full game on release, same as everyone who purchases the game post-release.
The first batch of new content will be available when the beta starts.
Full details about the technical aspects of joining the beta will be posted on Tuesday, September the 8th.

FloatOn

Just caught the dogma news.

I always wanted to play this game being a huge Souls nerd.

Dreams do come true... so happy right now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Add that to the list of early access games released on the store, getting no substantial discount ever, then being pulled.

Back before this was commonplace, I used to think I could own most any game before it got removed from Steam. Seems kinda silly now.

EDIT: I guess this one will be back, but a lot of others never will be.

Pachimari

I should really get back to The Witcher III after being so utterly disappointed by MGS V, but I promised myself to spend my time on FF XIV this month - love that game!

Also yes! to Dragon's Dogma on PC. I loved what little I played of it on my PS3 but seeing as I am selling that console pretty soon, this is great news.

My Bday is January 18th. I guess that's a perfect gift. Thanks Capcom?

So is mine. We can treat ourselves to this game then :D

Friend of mine who played it says it's one of his favorite games ever and he's really happy that it's coming to PC.

Okay, fuck it, getting that physical Gwent release.
I heard there's even a Witcher 3 expansion bundled with that, but seriously, who cares...

This is not going to work out for anyone who bought the game on Steam though. I think it's a fair assumption that the boxed version will have GOG codes.

I signed up on their redeemgwent site and I'm hoping to get a chance to order the card set separately.

Vuze

I don't know MHX looks like pretty much like MH4 to me (or 4th Gen MH at least).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhUoBKhPq14
Well yeah, it's based on MH4/4Gs core mechanics but they've added four Hunting Styles (Aerial, Bushido, Striker and Guild style) that allow tweaking of your weapon moveset for the first time plus Hunting Skills (basically super moves). That's probably the biggest change to the mechanics. I'd say they took some stuff from MHOnline & Toukiden and mixed it all together, so it will certainly be interesting to see if they manage to balance everything right.
Monster Hunter on Steam with the ease of online functionality there and after the popularity of Dark Souls on PC and stuff like in-game steam guides is one of those things that make too much sense for them to happen

maybe when we get SEGA Capcom
Yes please ;_;
Though I doubt this will be happening considering how well the franchise does on handheld in Japan. I think we'll see MHX playable on Citra before we see MH on Steam :|

Honestly surprised about dragons dogma for pc. On mobile and imgs are loding super slow, is it a great improvment over the ps360 or does it just look like they 1:1 ported it. Also most importantly, black bars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom