• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

no black bars on the screens they released:

noblackbars9jsvo.jpg

M.D

Just got the MGSV PS4 Limited Edition and held the PS4 controller for the first time

Feels weird! It feels so good in the hands but the sticks feels like they are a bit too far apart, anyone else got that feeling?

KarmaCow

What's up with the Chivalry crossovers happening this year? I thought that game basically done but first there was the crossover in Killing Floor 2 and now Payday 2 is also doing one.

Grief.exe

I should really get back to The Witcher III after being so utterly disappointed by MGS V, but I promised myself to spend my time on FF XIV this month - love that game!

Also yes! to Dragon's Dogma on PC. I loved what little I played of it on my PS3 but seeing as I am selling that console pretty soon, this is great news.

You can fault MGSV for not having the constant story hooks that the prior games in the series had, but you cannot fault the gameplay. This has to be the deepest and most polished gameplay in the entire stealth genre.

The first mission when you get to Africa is the perfect amalgamation of what made Chaos Theory great. It began with a linear area which could be snuck past entirely, or explored for some bonus objectives and Intel. From there, went into a wide-open oil refinery with multiple objectives and infinite ways to accomplish the objectives.

Capcom still isn't out of the woods yet for me though, considering we have no new Dino Crisis and a more realistic goal. They haven't said anything about bringing the great ace attorney to the west. But PC wise yeah they have been pretty good, hopefully they decide on rereleasing some updated old PC ports they have like DC and RE.

Outside of you, I'm pretty sure almost nobody cares about Dino Crisis. :p
And Ace Attorney never did it for me... played the first game on DS because the internet told me I had to... and it was boring and frustrating and I just didn't like it.

Brought it up as well, best to ignore it. Doesn't sound like they're going for keys. Rather just trying to see how things are done. So more than likely in the future nvidia promos will be region locked.

Thanks BernardoOne! :lol

Man I hope it's not FPS locked.

The salt over it being locked would be delicious. And I'd find it perfectly playable and be happy with a solid locked 30fps. :lol

Well shieeet. Now you have my attention

You must've really hated TEW before they let you remove the black bars then. :lol

Turfster

Daily Hammerwatch 75% off
Midweek
  • Killer is Dead 80% off
  • Devil May Cry Franchise up to 75% off
Humble summer sale updated, lots of new BYOB

You must've really hated TEW before they let you remove the black bars then. :lol
I refused to even give it the time of day until it was patched out. I hate black bars with a passion, use my full screen, dammit! I mean ill play something with them but the game has to be really interesting (like dragons dogma). i get that sometimes devs put it cause of their ARTISTIC CHOICE but their choice is dumb and im less interested in your product now

Hrmmm... the short takeaway I get from all that is that the MP bar is coming back from Demon's Souls. Should be interesting; there was a weapon type (can't remember exactly which type) that gave MP regeneration to your weapon... it'll be nice to see that back as the nuances between similar infusements into weapons was always lost on me. So many types I never bothered to use for one reason or another.

Finally something about magic. Will be interesting to play DS with MP.

Seems you've never played Demon's Souls then?

Build your own Ubisoft bundle. South Park, Grow Home, Might and Magic Heroes, Rocksmith, Assassin's Creed III, Gunslinger, and HoM&M III all have Steam keys, the rest are Uplay or DRM-free.

EDIT: That build your own Deep Silver bundle is pathetic.

Salsa

you're promoting other threads now too?

Build your own Ubisoft bundle. South Park, Grow Home, Might and Magic Heroes, Rocksmith, Assassin's Creed III, Gunslinger, and HoM&M III all have Steam keys, the rest are Uplay or DRM-free.

EDIT: That build your own Deep Silver bundle is pathetic.

so only the ones I dont own are uplay keys

figures

would have gotten watch doge

Chariot

Holy crap, FOB is more fun than I thought.
I need to continue with the story, but I just stole 200 men and who knows how many ressources from people. A lot of bad apples I am going to kick out as soon as they leave the brig, but also quite some A's and S'

Maniac

Banned
Wasn't Dead Rising 3 considered bad too?

It was mostly people with bad CPUs whining about the game being 'unoptimised' when it was in fact just heavily CPU bound. Hundreds of zombies with individual animations and hit boxes tend to do that. :p
Also in Capcom news, here's their Tokyo Game Show lineup:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/tgs/index.html#booth

Monster Hunter Spirits is a low end arcade game, and the last thing is apparently a promotion with an Airsoft gun range in Japan.

In terms of ports/remakes/remasters/updates:
Monster Hunter X: This is an update to Monster Hunter 4G
Biohazard 0: HD port/remaster/whatever
Pokapoka Airou Mura: duckroll tells me this is an enhanced port or update to a PSP spinoff of Monster Hunter

So in terms of original titles...
Street Fighter V: Only launching with Sony's help
Monster Hunter Stories: duckroll describes this as a pokemon clone directed by the Director of Lost Planet 1/2, so I think that tells you about how much faith Capcom has in Lost Planet's continual survival as an IP.
Ace Attorney 6: Ace Attorney 5 didn't even get a retail release in the west, and the last Ace Attorney game didn't get localized at all. AA6 is going to be localized, but probably DD only.

Capcom: They're like Sega, only without a successful mobile division!

Sega also has some strong franchises that're doing well and are successful, even if they're not huge blockbusters. Total War, Company of Heroes, soon some 40K stuff (I'm hoping) and, well, Alien(s). Whilst Isolation didn't do as well as they wanted it to (given the long dev time + the budget) it did do quite well for a somewhat 'niche' game. The future looks a lot brighter for Sega than it does Capcom, but Capcom does have the remaster trick up their sleeve.

Afterall, they have a huge library of great titles they can remaster / remake and port and all that jazz.

And hey, Sega can afford to develop their own titles, which Capcom apparently can't

Tizoc

Dat Build your Ubi bundle.
OK GAF which ver. of Black Flag is worth getting? Game+Season Pass looks cheaper, so any reason to get Gold edition?

that uplay bundle is busted, too. When i add From Dust to the cart, it causes all the prices to go back to normal. meh.

edit: nevermind, it just does the price adjustment at the end instead. still meh. And since most games are already 75% off bundling them doesn't really net much of a price difference

Sober

Huh, that's weird, a pre-order discount for the TW3 expansion Hearts of Stone, but the season pass is unchanged... what's going on here?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Holy crap, FOB is more fun than I thought.
I need to continue with the story, but I just stole 200 men and who knows how many ressources from people. A lot of bad apples I am going to kick out as soon as they leave the brig, but also quite some A's and S'

Met no cheaters yet then?

Turfster

Squenix needs to fucking put the 6 OG Tomb Raider games up for 5€ for all of them.
That's what I paid for my old PC copies, and I'm not going to pay twice that just to have them on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom