• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
Obligatory daily Mad Max screens :D

Pls stop, I'm more than busy enough with MGSV, TW3 and Hero of the Kingdom II as-is, I don't need another game, you bastard!

You're one hell of a photographer though. ;P
I do hope for this but it really is a very slim chance of it actually happening.
ATLUS doesn't really seem that interested in PC as a platform.

Right, but they were bought by, what, Sega? And Sega has a long history with the PC platform, even if it's the european & american division and not the japanese one, you'd surely think they'd come to their senses eventually.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dat Build your Ubi bundle.
OK GAF which ver. of Black Flag is worth getting? Game+Season Pass looks cheaper, so any reason to get Gold edition?

The only other notable content the Gold Edition includes is the small mission line featuring Aveline, which lasts less than an hour.

Salsa

playing old Tomb Raider with the same control scheme and all sounds as enjoyable as sticking needles in my eyeballs

Railroad X has a Mixed rating on Steam, 48% positive after 27 Steam reviews. And they're charging $26 after the first discount.

A model-train simulator would be cool, but this one doesn't look worth the price.

dex3108

Pls stop, I'm more than busy enough with MGSV, TW3 and Hero of the Kingdom II as-is, I don't need another game, you bastard!

You're one hell of a photographer though. ;P

Hey i need to do something to improve chances for Mad Max 2 :p

And tnx for that other ting :D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
holy shit AC1 and Rayman Origins in the Build your Own Ubisoft bundle don't come with Steam keys... or uPlay keys. They're JUST DRM free. Wow. Talk about cut off your nose to spite your face, wow.

Pachimari

You can fault MGSV for not having the constant story hooks that the prior games in the series had, but you cannot fault the gameplay. This has to be the deepest and most polished gameplay in the entire stealth genre.

I agree with that. The gameplay is some of the most refined I have seen in a long while. And I won't let Metal Gear Solid V go by without me completing it. I'm just still in a "shocked" condition by the lack of story and cutscenes. :)

PS: Changed my avatar, heh.

dex3108

holy shit AC1 and Rayman Origins in the Build your Own Ubisoft bundle don't come with Steam keys... or uPlay keys. They're JUST DRM free. Wow. Talk about cut off your nose to spite your face, wow.

They were always DRM Free as far as i know. Prince of Persia (Cell Shaded one) is also DRM Free.

Anyone played through the White March in Pillars of Eternity? Really need to get back to that game, especially now that I can respec for a roleplaying build without restarting. Made a really tough monk who was shit at talking his way out of fights which is how I always play rpgs.

In off topic news: everyone with a PS4 buy Tearaway Unfolded. The vita version is one of the greatest games of all time and the most effective use of acknowledging the role of the player in any video game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Squenix needs to fucking put the 6 OG Tomb Raider games up for 5€ for all of them.
That's what I paid for my old PC copies, and I'm not going to pay twice that just to have them on Steam.

nwvyTaH.png

I guess you missed the sale.

Deitus

Interesting. Most of that sounds pretty good to me.

I definitely agree on the durability. Weapons in DS1 would basically never break (crystal weapons aside), unless you never bothered to repair them, and the repair costs were so trivial that there was no reason not to repair every time you returned to the bonfire. About the only time I could see a weapon breaking is if a player dies repeatedly without being able to recover their souls, but at that point the extra punishment isn't really needed. In DS2 they took the opposite extreme, and weapons broke way too fast. You eventually learn to manage it, but it needed to be toned down a bit.

I'm in favor of the respec option, so long as there is a high cost. Carefully choosing how you build your character should be important, but at the same time you generally have to make choices about how to build a character before you understand how the stats work (especially things like hard and soft caps, and weird stats like adaptability where the effects aren't readily apparent). And there's also the problem where balance patches could potentially ruin a good build. I'd much rather have an option to fix a mistake I made early on, even if it meant a decent chunk of grinding, than have to restart the character from scratch. But I also wouldn't want PVP to be filled with flavor of the month builds (well, even more than it already is).

Not sure how I feel about the return of MP. Demon's Souls, for all it did right, was full of consumable spam. In the late game, items that healed your health to full were incredibly easy to come by, and were used incredibly fast. MP recovery items were more costly, but if you were willing to grind for it, you could spam magic indefinitely. This had some unfortunate implications in the PVP, where it would sometimes drag on forever with people constantly spamming healing items, and the spell that revived you on death. Also, using a single powerful spell could completely drain your MP reserves, forcing you to use recovery items to use any other spells after that. Much like Estus Flasks resolved a lot of issues with constant healing, I think limited spellcasts helped to balance out the magic system. However, I guess it did pretty much prevent most players from being a pure spellcaster (which is something I liked about the games, but I guess others might feel differently). But hey, maybe recovering your MP will be limited in some way to prevent it from getting out of hand.

Tizoc

The only other notable content the Gold Edition includes is the small mission line featuring Aveline, which lasts less than an hour.

Thanks so atm I'm looking at
Trials Fusion MAX Bundle
Black Flag
Black Flag Season pass
Freedom Cry
From Dust

Any other notable games worth getting? I'm not interested in Far Cry btw.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
They were always DRM Free as far as i know. Prince of Persia (Cell Shaded one) is also DRM Free.

No, the "holy shit" isn't that they're DRM free (that's a-OK and a positive thing), the holy shit is that they're clearly trying to dump Steam for uPlay but since those games aren't on uPlay they'd still rather dump Steam and just give people no service keys, just the DRM free stuff.

Edit:
Also Far Cry 1, Far Cry 2, and Beyond Good and Evil.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is Steam, but Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is uPlay only.

Salsa

you know what? Tomb Raider just sucks

the remake is one of the worst games I played in years and when I think about the originals the truth is I didnt know any better

only good tomb raider things: Lara Croft and the guardian of light. Lara Croft GO. Putting the butler in the fridge in 2.

shitty characters shittier movies brought oversized boobs into videogames

tomb raider is a sickness

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
... yeah.

I haven't seen them drop below 1.74€ a piece

Well on that day during the 2013 Summer Sale when they put Tomb Raider on a daily deal, the prices on all the other stuff was glitched at 91% off for a couple minutes until they fixed it. Was a pretty sweet price mistake actually, since these games had just hit Steam not long before it happened.

YLJZnoD.png

MUnited83

For you.
Want to hear the most hilarious shit?

This awful Ubisoft BYOB is has a so fucking terrible discount deal that it makes games more expensive

Want to get :
Assassins Creed III
Liberation HD
Assassins Creed 1 Director's Cut

?
Buy it separately and you're looking at 14,97$

Try to get those three games in one purchase? Well, fuck you, we will reduce the normal individual discount and override it with just a 70% discount. Pay us 17,99$, because fuck you that's why.

Jesus fuck Ubisoft.

you know what? Tomb Raider just sucks

the remake is one of the worst games I played in years and when I think about the originals the truth is I didnt know any better

only good tomb raider things: Lara Croft and the guardian of light. Lara Croft GO. Putting the butler in the fridge in 2.

I completely do not agree. The last Tomb Raider was rather awesome and the series has been fairly high quality since leaving the ps2 era.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
No, the "holy shit" isn't that they're DRM free (that's a-OK and a positive thing), the holy shit is that they're clearly trying to dump Steam for uPlay but since those games aren't on uPlay they'd still rather dump Steam and just give people no service keys, just the DRM free stuff.

Edit:
Also Far Cry 1, Far Cry 2, and Beyond Good and Evil.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is Steam, but Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is uPlay only.

Beyond Good and Evil is the worst of all of them if you want to buy a Steam version of the game. The Steam version has only managed to reach $4.99 in the past and has been going for $5.99 in the last few sales. Meanwhile it's $2.49, including GOG, which is probably the best place to buy it other than the Humble Store.

Want to hear the most hilarious shit?

This awful Ubisoft BYOB is has a so fucking terrible discount deal that it makes games more expensive

Want to get :
Assassins Creed III
Liberation HD
Assassins Creed 1 Director's Cut

?
Buy it separately and you're looking at 14,97$

Try to get those three games in one purchase? Well, fuck you, we will reduce the normal individual discount and override it with just a 70% discount. Pay us 17,99$, because fuck you that's why.

Jesus fuck Ubisoft.

Q3OjVSu.gif

Turfster

Well on that day during the 2013 Summer Sale when they put Tomb Raider on a daily deal, the prices on all the other stuff was glitched at 91% off for a couple minutes until they fixed it. Was a pretty sweet price mistake actually, since these games had just hit Steam not long before it happened.
Sadness.

Extra Midweek Madness:
  • Grim Fandango Remastered 66% off

Hektor

yay my savegame got accepted for the sometimes always monsters continuity project thingie :>

...what?

I thought about playing this game this weekend, what is that what you're talking about?

ok Capcom, lets see some Ace Attorney on steam. Like all of it.

That'd be cool.

Speaking of Sega,

at some point they have to see this ridiculous demand for JRPGs on PC and have to be thinking to themselves about putting some of those Atlus games on there. If they had any sense, they'd fund a Persona 3 Golden version (to finally have a definitive version of the game available) and get Persona 4 Golden onto platforms other than the Vita.

I'd spend 100$ on it, I'd kill someone for that, I'd blow someone for that. I NEED IT.

there just has to be some sort of deal with Sony for the mainline Persona series

Q doesnt count

I really dont think so. Its probably just that ATLUS doesnt care atm.
Like, if they had a deal with sony, sony wouldnt have allowed them to release P4 on PS2 instead of PS3.

Holy crap, FOB is more fun than I thought.
I need to continue with the story, but I just stole 200 men and who knows how many ressources from people. A lot of bad apples I am going to kick out as soon as they leave the brig, but also quite some A's and S'

Just to make it clear, im gonna build a nuke this week, and if anyone in here invades me im gonna NUKE his ass to hell and back and back to hell.

Knurek

This is not going to work out for anyone who bought the game on Steam though. I think it's a fair assumption that the boxed version will have GOG codes.

I signed up on their redeemgwent site and I'm hoping to get a chance to order the card set separately.

Says here (on cdp.pl product page) that the limited edition box copy has keys for both GOG, Origin and Steam.

chronomac

Was considering Rayman Legends, Child of Light and BG&E and then realized that even bundled together they're a bit more expensive than each game's lowest price on the Humble Store. And they don't have Steam keys, which is annoying (although not surprising).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom