• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

Was considering Rayman Legends, Child of Light and BG&E and then realized that even bundled together they're a bit more expensive than each game's lowest price on the Humble Store. And they don't have Steam keys, which is annoying (although not surprising).

Considering they are already 75% off, if you were going to buy them you might as well buy them separately, since the bundle deal will be no benefit at all (and may actually increase the cost if you buy less than 5 games).

Ubisoft Build a Bundle is trash.

Characters that scream at you constantly, completely illogical puzzles that are impossible to solve with any semblance of thought, slow awkward movement, and so on. It's a really bad game and Double Fine hasn't managed to improve over the years.

It has problems but its an absolute classic that cannot be missed by anyone with any semblance of interest in this type of game.

Its like classic films having dodgy special effects. You just have to roll with it.

madjoki

yup, a lot easier to pull the trigger when it's being paid for with free steam dollars

Yeah. Cards are serious business. Paid almost (if not) all my direct from steam purchases since cards were added. Thought as sad as it is, it has also made me buy shit games because they have cards.

Well on that day during the 2013 Summer Sale when they put Tomb Raider on a daily deal, the prices on all the other stuff was glitched at 91% off for a couple minutes until they fixed it. Was a pretty sweet price mistake actually, since these games had just hit Steam not long before it happened.

Would buy. It makes me sad when it's cheaper to buy Tomb Raider Complete than old games alone. Can't justify that, so I have skipped these.

Nzyme32

My MGSV is broken

I basically get to a point where a tutorial starts that forces you to get "territorial waters" to build a FOB. As soon as I select any of the Waters, I'll be stuck in the menu and nothing happens no matter how long I wait. The game is still running as shown by the animations, but I can't continue the game since I can't use or exit the menu.

What a load of shit. I assume it is an online connectivity issue

Vuze

you know what? Tomb Raider just sucks

the remake is one of the worst games I played in years and when I think about the originals the truth is I didnt know any better

only good tomb raider things: Lara Croft and the guardian of light. Lara Croft GO. Putting the butler in the fridge in 2.

shitty characters shittier movies brought oversized boobs into videogames

tomb raider is a sickness
TR2013 certainly has to be one of the most controversial games of last gen, huh? :p
I liked it. In fact, I just replayed it a few weeks ago. Doesn't hold up all to well in terms of visuals but I needed my Uncharted-ish fix until RoTR is out.

Profound sadness about the Ubi bundle. Would've picked Watch Dawgs, AssCreed china spinoff, Beyon Good & Evil and maybe some AssCreeds I'm missing just for +1. Why won't they just provide Steam keys ugh

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
tTwOo0u.jpg

Ultimate Chicken Horse

A978WjH.jpg

NERO

Messiah

My MGSV is broken

I basically get to a point where a tutorial starts that forces you to get "territorial waters" to build a FOB. As soon as I select any of the Waters, I'll be stuck in the menu and nothing happens no matter how long I wait. The game is still running as shown by the animations, but I can't continue the game since I can't use or exit the menu.

What a load of shit. I assume it is an online connectivity issue

You can disconnect from the offline services from the menu in your ACC. This should fix it.

If you can get out of that loading cycle by restarting the game that is.

Nzyme32

You can disconnect from the offline services from the menu in your ACC. This should fix it.

If you can get out of that loading cycle by restarting the game that is.

I have no idea why this wasn't completely obvious to me; I'll give it a try in a bit

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
phEqr8K.jpg

HEISTERS!

It's time to explore the art of ancient warfare and get medieval on some asses!
We've all seen that the McCendrick Museum of Ancient Art has been pimping a new exhibition. And it is a beauty. No boring crap like broken piss-pots or weaved-reed rugs. Those guys have somehow persuaded the Royal War Museum in London to loan them ALL of their medieval weapons and armor. Advance ticket sales are through the roof. So it's a shame no-one will get to see them.

Gage greased a few palms, intercepted the shipment, and put the whole damn lot on sale.

Check out the website here!
http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/gagechivalrypack/

Next day goes live tomorrow!

zkylon

zkylewd
The day has arrived gentlemen!

SMITE on Steam

I made a thread with some helpful links for anyone who wants to check it out:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1108811

cool

i'd try it if i liked the hero designs a bit more

who's smite's ahri?

lol no one's playing mad max

it all sounds really cool, i like it that he's not just getting rid of all the good progress dks2 did, while at the same time being like "ok soul memory sucks lets remove that", or what he says about hidden walls, let's make it with attack again so happy accidents can happen

cool and exciting new details

Having spent a lot of time with both versions of Bayonetta (and gotten the platinum trophy on PS3), both versions have a bunch of slowdown and tearing issues -- the worst of the PS3 version stuff (after all the patches) was evident on the infinite climax difficulty... about halfway through, I couldn't not feel the sluggishness caused by the unstable framerate, so I finished up the platinum and sold it rather than keeping it for future playthroughs... (though I think I did cave and support it again when it went on sale for PS3 digitally).
oh yea not saying 360 version is good or anything since only version i played was ps3

what i mean is, i'd put priority on bayonetta cos at least vanquish is pretty great on ps3, tho i guess bayonetta is now fine on wii u soo...

like tbh just port everything to pc, always the more ppl get to enjoy these games the better

Characters that scream at you constantly, completely illogical puzzles that are impossible to solve with any semblance of thought, slow awkward movement, and so on. It's a really bad game and Double Fine hasn't managed to improve over the years.

I must be a genius because back when I first played it, I went through it with a friend and we got through it with very little trouble.

Ok, I guess he could be the genius, but still.

dex3108

Hey SteamGAF this is not Steam related but many things are not related to this topic :D

Recently i started noticing some things on YouTube personality scene that made me really sad for dying professional web sites/journalists. The worst thing for me is unpredictability. May of those YouTubers started weekly shows but lately many of them started skipping those weekly deadlines. And they announce that there won't be show same day or even few hours before show. That also expands on previews and sometimes reviews. Either they take too much work or they are lazy i don't know but more and more i start to unfollowing them.

Older i am more less time i have for entertainment and coherent schedule for weekly entertainment is very important to me. I guess i need to find better ways to entertain myself :D

i'll say this: not including a hint system like there was in the Special Edition Monkey Island games seems to have been an oversight on Double Fine's part wrt Grim Fandango. I already come to these games expecting to eventually break and use a guide, the smoother you can make it for me to avoid those 2-3 moments the better the experience is for me, selfish little old me

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I haven't been following the Steam Threads for a while, and I haven't posted anything in here for months, but I just have to pay a short visit to share my enthusiasm and post a "FUCK YEAH". Dragon's Dogma is coming too Steam! Wooh!

And The Witcher 3 is blowing my mind. It's a good thing I own a GOG copy. The steamcloud couldn't handle that many screenshots.

zkylon

zkylewd
I haven't been following the Steam Threads for a while, and I haven't posted anything in here for months, but I just have to pay a short visit to share my enthusiasm and post a "FUCK YEAH". Dragon's Dogma is coming too Steam! Wooh!

And The Witcher 3 is blowing my mind. It's a good thing I own a GOG copy. The steamcloud couldn't handle that many screenshots.

ain't that the truth

steam is now plain refusing to accept my screenshots

i have a really good one of glitched triss with her head caught on fire that i want to upload

Backlogger

Steam needs to tie your cloud storage limit to your steam level. Maybe give you an extra gig every 5-10 levels or something.

rtcn63

Kinda wish I had a PS4 so I can get in on that $20 used Bloodborne deal. Oh well, it'll pop up again.

MGSV: Is there any reason not to just run everywhere? The horse is cumbersome. Can it be set to auto gallop?

zkylon

zkylewd
I did. Only for 30 hours or so, not the hundreds I put into the Dark SOuls games, but I did.

Frankly, magic sucked in Demon's compared to Dark 1/2.
i kind of feel like magic has always sucked in all the souls games (duno about bloodborne, haven't played that or know if it has magic)

like, some stuff is fine but you have like a billion versions of the same spell and lots of way to deal dmg without it feeling markedly different? like u have a nova attack, magic missile, homing thing, but nothing feels super distinct or special

some spells are really cool tho, i really like force and power within and iron flesh as things that change gameplay quite a bit

Maniac

Banned
I feel like combat in souls games sucks
Or well, it's not that it sucks, I just don't find it all that fun. I still respect the hell out of the games, and still play them because I love the world building, the architecture, the armour designs, etcetera.

I mean, I do find it fun every now and then, but it tends to kind of exhaust me after a little while.

L.O.R.D

tumblr_n5l71xkypl1rm811vo1_500.gif

MGS4 is over ... finally ...i can drop the controller

I AM FREE FROM THIS MEME , I AM FREE SURPRISE BUTTON PROMPT
I AM FREE...TO SHUT DOWN MY PS3...ONE...LAST ...TIME

Old-Snake-Salute-300x168.jpg

FloatOn

I feel like combat in souls games sucks
Or well, it's not that it sucks, I just don't find it all that fun. I still respect the hell out of the games, and still play them because I love the world building, the architecture, the armour designs, etcetera.

I mean, I do find it fun every now and then, but it tends to kind of exhaust me after a little while.

backstabbing and riposting is super fun. you should try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom