• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

So... erm... I just realized that Milamber is a time traveler.

He also has a lot of pervy anime games on his desktop. Not that that surprises me at all. I mean I do play those kind of games, but I don't keep the icons for my eroge on the desktop. :p

Dr Dogg

I still conclude that Milamber posting his entire desktop instead of cropping just the activation window because he was soo excited at getting Prey is the greatest successful tag fishing attempt ever.

Jawmuncher

And like most games, I uninstall my eroge when I'm finished one.

Tell it to the judge.
How do you plead Jazz?
original.jpg

Jazz573

I still conclude that Milamber posting his entire desktop instead of cropping just the activation window because he was soo excited at getting Prey is the greatest successful tag fishing attempt ever.

He wants to reinforce how much of a perv he is. :p

Volimar

Just beat Bioshock Infinite. That was....that ending....and the....weird.

Enjoyed the game though, dunno why people hate on it.

Nzyme32

Open World RPG with better combat mechanics than quite a lot of character action games. Some of the class combinations can get pretty bonkers (Mystic Knight was my go to). Also has some online/social functions with this subservient NPC you create called a Pawn that you can have fight along side you as well as 2 others you can recruit who are also other peoples created Pawns. I wonder what SteamGAFs Pawns will be like? Either all animu or voiced by Troy Baker (yep he's one of the voices you can assign your Pawn). Though I must admit they're a bit too chatty and there's only so many times you can hear 'Strength in numbers Arisen' 'We must use fire!' or 'Goblins/Harpy!' over and over again no matter how many times you sit them in that chair to get them to shut up.

Or just watch Angry Joe's review (regardless what you think of the dude it's pretty spot on and covers everything you need to know to get up to speed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGlgpncvNps

Nice summary, I'll check out the video, sounds like my kind of thing. Pawn voices sound like something that should be modifiable on PC.

r3n4ud

I really enjoyed it as well. Will give it a replay since I played it on release. And will give the dlc a go as well.

I really enjoyed it as well. Will give it a replay since I played it on release. And will give the dlc a go as well.

Actually, I'd recommend not playing the DLC, as its story actually makes every single Bioshock game retroactively worse.

I mean, you can always say it's non-cannon, but it's hard to forget about it when you think of main-line Bioshock games.

The gameplay in the DLCs wasn't really anything to write home about anyway.

People didn't like the gunplay really or how it did ammo just to make it feel like Liz was doing something important.

You want a good explanation of the criticisms toward it I say watch this.

I haven't played it myself since I had no interest in it.

Phinor

It won some GOTY awards and was second in GOTY voting in Neogaf (beat GTA5, no chance against The Last of Us). The haters are definitely in the minority but as usual, quite vocal.

Pachimari

I thought it was a pretty universal opinion, that Burial at Sea 2 were a phenomenal piece of DLC for BioShock Infinite.

I haven't tried it myself.

I wonder who is doing the port of Dragon's Dogma for PC.

I doubt it will be a port due to being MT Framework and also due to most if not all the documentation for the engine being in Japanese I don't think there's too many peeps that will be bringing this over outside of a Capcom Studio themselves, Tose or QLOC due to working with it in the past.

Yeah, don't worry about the port.
Just look at Dragon's Dogma Online.

rtcn63

I played the original PC port of Grandia II, I remember it freezing/glitching it on a boss that you weren't supposed to beat. Although it was on a friend's Dell.

Not sure if it has been posted or not.

PSA for those who are still playing.
[Important Announcement] Regarding save data for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain becoming corrupt under specific circumstances.

Do not use Quiet when playing Mission 29 or 42 as the save data may get corrupted.

We deeply apologize, and appreciate your patience for further announcements regarding this issue: http://bit.ly/1IVYOQW

Khronico

Y'all who haven't played Dragons Dogma yet are in for a treat.

Really excited to do another playthrough in 1080p60fps glory.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Dark Arisen announcement is something else. I remember like a year or two ago there was rumblings of Valve employees being busy folk and flying to japan and have Japanese devs meet them in regards to bringing their games to Steam. What if this glorious renaissance of porting over Japanese games is due to the mighty GabeN wheeling and dealing? In my dreams that is how i imagine it, oh yes

Says here (on cdp.pl product page) that the limited edition box copy has keys for both GOG, Origin and Steam.

In retrospect I really shouldn't have doubted that CDPR would do the right thing. Very cool of them to offer all types of keys.

I think it's about as deep and fun as a $1.87 game should be, especially if you don't use a guide to look up all the things attached to each. That being said, pre-Steam this is the kind of thing that probably would have been free on newgrounds.

Now play Contradiction. Inspector Jenks awaits!

Friend of mine just got the game in the GMG sale and he's been playing through it. And of course he's been uploading many screenshots which pop up in the feed. Just reminds me how phenomenally beautiful the artwork was in the series. I liked it a lot when I played it too and the backlash seemed pretty weird to me back then. It's a rather common occurrence nowadays though.

FIFA 16 demo on Origin now available.

Is Origin Mexico still the best place to get it? The current situation in China is causing my country's currency to get devalued so I'm somewhat reluctant to buy anything in dollars these days.

Jawmuncher

Dark Arisen announcement is something else. I remember like a year or two ago there was rumblings of Valve employees being busy folk and flying to japan and have Japanese devs meet them in regards to bringing their games to Steam. What if this glorious renaissance of porting over Japanese games is due to the mighty GabeN wheeling and dealing? In my dreams that is how i imagine it, oh yes

Then they still got some work to do, off the top of my head. Atlus is the last remaining big player not doing anything on PC.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
lol doubt Gabe or Valve gives two cents about persuading devs/pubs into porting their stuff.

No, they give exactly 30% of every two cents about it

Hektor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

♫The wind is pushing me,
into the current again,
i feel the blood in my veins,
time is running free,
i feel like letting go,
nothing to slow me down,
dragon inside of me,
i feel it letting go,
i can't hear not a sound,
flying into free,
i hit the mother lode,
I AM THE DANGAN ♫

Dsyndrome

If they actually did that, it would soften the blow of their lack of progress on a certain popular franchise... At least for a little while.

~Kinggi~

Banned
If they actually did that, it would soften the blow of their lack of progress on a certain popular franchise... At least for a little while.

Around the time Kojima showed off his little MGS V steam trailer box thing there were some stories being talked about by Japanese devs saying they were contacted by Valve. At least i think it was around that time, or earlier.

MUnited83

For you.
i think you are incorrect on this one. I know there was some level of involvement and persuasion happening at a time but dont know the extent.

Eh, I doubt it. If anything, Japanese devs are seeing what a big market PC is and that there is big demand for some titles. (Dragon's Dogma is one of the most asked for ports i've ever seen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom