• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was a pretty universal opinion, that Burial at Sea 2 were a phenomenal piece of DLC for BioShock Infinite.

I haven't tried it myself.
People don't like what it does to the bioshock universe.

Me? I think it's better than the game itself. That make that the second bioshock game where the dlc ends up being the best part of those games. Makes you wonder if that formula wasn't cut for a 10-15 hour game

cyba89

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

♫The wind is pushing me,
into the current again,
i feel the blood in my veins,
time is running free,
i feel like letting go,
nothing to slow me down,
dragon inside of me,
i feel it letting go,
i can't hear not a sound,
flying into free,
i hit the mother lode,
I AM THE DANGAN ♫

Sadly this song is not in Dark Arisen.

Second most disappointing song replacement, only beaten by Street Fighter IV.

derExperte

Is Origin Mexico still the best place to get it? The current situation in China is causing my country's currency to get devalued so I'm somewhat reluctant to buy anything in dollars these days.

That or Russia after India raised their prices. Brazil is cheap too. But I haven't bought something on Origin for over a year so I can't say if it still works at all.

Khronico

Combat looks more speedy compared to Dark Souls... Which was WAY too damn slow to be a Berserk game. Guts moves like a damn Hurricane or Iron.

Well, considering we will probably never ever get Berserk: Millennium Falcon Hen Seima Senki no Shō localized, Dragons Dogma will have to do.

Dragons Dogma is still amazing anyways though, so that's good.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2ZBE6zU.jpg

Shades of Black

Jawmuncher

The best Street Fighter song ever right here.

What the hell were they thinking?

It was odd for a SF game, but it stands out at least.

My favorite is knock you out from SF3:TS Online.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-b1Q8wwREo

So good. Really wish SFV went back to the hip hop.

Reagardless I have a weird taste in music, I seriously think "Take you for a ride" is a good song and have left it on loop for hours without getting tired of it.

Uzzy

Goddamn it. At least Ultra has a hype theme, and Third Strike Online has an awesome one too. Thankfully, Capcom also do this..

Dear fellow Arisens -

Tons of folks asked whether the upcoming PC port will have a capped frame rate. With DDDA being an MT Framework-based game, you can rest assured it'll have the usual graphics options found in other Capcom PC titles.

Stay tuned as we'll have more details to share regarding tech specs and features in the coming weeks/months.

wbacon

Nzyme32

In case anyone needed clarification on Dragon's Dogma PC - this was posted in the thread by Capcom (wbacon):

Wolves hunt in 60+fps

Dear fellow Arisens -

Tons of folks asked whether the upcoming PC port will have a capped frame rate. With DDDA being an MT Framework-based game, you can rest assured it'll have the usual graphics options found in other Capcom PC titles.

Stay tuned as we'll have more details to share regarding tech specs and features in the coming weeks/months.

wbacon

edit: beaten obviously

Momentary

Banned
It was odd for a SF game, but it stands out at least.

My favorite is knock you out from SF3:TS Online.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-b1Q8wwREo[/B]

So good. Really wish SFV went back to the hip hop.

Reagardless I have a weird taste in music, I seriously think "Take you for a ride" is a good song and have left it on loop for hours without getting tired of it.

That song is WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY better. Indestructible was not a good fit and it wasn't good for me at all. It was along the lines of It's Friday bad for me. But this is coming from who thinks most STG soundtracks destroy most AAA tracks handily, so I've got weird tastes too.

Uzzy

Capcom been KILLING it these past few years with PC ports.

The only Capcom PC port with any issues in the past few years that I can recall is Ultra Street Fighter IV, and to my knowledge that was more due to Steam's peer to peer set-up.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
People don't like what it does to the bioshock universe.

Me? I think it's better than the game itself. That make that the second bioshock game where the dlc ends up being the best part of those games. Makes you wonder if that formula wasn't cut for a 10-15 hour game

I really liked the Burial at Sea DLC for Infinite, also more than the base game.

But your comment made me think that I'd actually really dig a story-heavy FPS like Bioshock but made in an episodic format. Two or three hours seems like just the right amount of content for me personally to stay interested, and judging by the reactions to the DLC in this series I'm sure I'm not alone.

Jawmuncher

derExperte

Momentary

Banned
Now that Dark Arisen and Cave games are coming to STEAM

All I need are Disgaea and Vanquish to hit the platform.

I've given up on Xrd, BBCF, Virtua Fighter, and Tekken

I've given up becasue I KNOW they are on the way.

Khronico

The only Capcom PC port with any issues in the past few years that I can recall is Ultra Street Fighter IV, and to my knowledge that was more due to Steam's peer to peer set-up.

RE6 ran on my middling laptop almost maxed out at a constant 60.

Like holy crap.

Goddamn it. At least Ultra has a hype theme, and Third Strike Online has an awesome one too. Thankfully, Capcom also do this..

RE6 was MTFramework right? As bad as that game was, the technology behind it was incredibly solid. Ran like a dream and looked good doing so.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Segata Sanshiro, Dragon's Dogma on Steam, Picross on Steam, Armello being such good fun, Dog the dog being the dog in Mad Max being a good dog, Dark Souls III going to the magic system I prefer, and more. What a wonderful day for gaming.

Dragons Dogma is the secret best Berserk game.

Demon's Souls will forever be the best Beserk game to me. That wonderful Tower Of Latria.

Momentary

Banned

Compared to MK and some other Fighting games on STEAM, the netcode is like silk compared to those other games.

BlazBlue and Skullgirlz beat it if there are a decent amount of players in your region.

Uzzy

In terms of promo music the SFxT music "Honest Eyes" was a perfect fit. It's from this trailer and is just hype as hell. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPaM55ayBvA

No joke this trailer pumped me up so much for the game. I was more excited for it than ME3. Shame the game didn't live up too it.

SFxT should have been amazing. The 2013 Edition of it actually turned out pretty good, but the DLC and bugs and jabs being the most powerful thing ruined the game's early reception and ended up killing it. Huge missed opportunity.

Compared to MK and some other Fighting games on STEAM, the netcode is like silk compared to those other games.

BlazBlue and Skullgirlz beat it if there are a decent amount of players in your region.

Ultra's netcode was pretty bad at launch, but Capcom eventually fixed it and it's solid now. Not as good as Skullgirls though, with it's glorious GGPO.

Khronico

RE6 was MTFramework right? As bad as that game was, the technology behind it was incredibly solid. Ran like a dream and looked good doing so.

Can't wait to see how it cleans up on PC. It was very impressive on last gen but holy cow they had to compromise a bunch to get it to run ok.

Now that Dark Arisen and Cave games are coming to STEAM

All I need are Disgaea and Vanquish to hit the platform.

I've given up on Xrd, BBCF, Virtua Fighter, and Tekken

I've given up becasue I KNOW they are on the way.

I could totally see Vanquish hitting Steam some day.

Please release on steam

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pester -- MB-93F35DE878AC8C97 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 6 entrants total.
Schein -- MB-F91A547060DB569B - Taken by someguyinahat. 5 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Damnation -- MB-AD3393B7BD84FDCE - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.
Naisancee -- MB-871FC2DB3ECDA857 - Taken by Saty. 3 entrants total.

t1441757625z1.png

Momentary

Banned
I was getting frustrated with PC gaming there for a while. But I've learned that I just need to stay away from Koei Tecmo, WB (sans Mad Max), Ubisoft, and DotEmu and I I should be good.

Uzzy

Now if only Capcom could find a way to eliminate the need for sleep, so I might actually have a chance to play DDDA, RE0 and SFV, in addition to the rest of the crazy packed lineup next January/February/March.

Jawmuncher

Now if only Capcom could find a way to eliminate the need for sleep, so I might actually have a chance to play DDDA, RE0 and SFV, in addition to the rest of the crazy packed lineup next January/February/March.

Yeah capcom for some reason REALLY loves the beginning of the new year.
Hell they're part of the reason so much of the industry moved into heavy releases during that time frame. During last gen, they were making bank since they were releasing unopposed most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom