• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be old news, but I just noticed that Aliens: Colonial Marines has a super awesome new grid view icon complete with compression, stretching, and now says "collection" on it. Users might be getting DLC for free, maybe?

header.jpg

1b2963dd91bc1b42ff66115b3ac82b55fbe50402502d 289ae27bfd21269abe93.jpg
That's not the part of Gearbox's catalog I thought they'd be giving away. Know what I mean?

mp1990

Banned

rtcn63

Bioshock Collection PC lOT| Everyone's gone back to the Rapture

Bioshock Infinite |OT| Save the cheerleader, save the world

yuraya

~20 min til remastered Bioshock 1&2+DLC are out

kinda looking forward to it

Same here. Only played 1 for a few hours before being bored with it. Had some sound issues with it as well. I really want to push myself to get through them both since they are so revered. Probably the only fps games with such good reviews that I never played.

rtcn63

Bioshock 2 made the freeze plasmid too OP. Like in the first game, using it would stop enemies from dropping items, but in 2 you could upgrade the ability so that shattered enemies would drop lock boxes.

def sim

Same here. Only played 1 for a few hours before being bored with it. Had some sound issues with it as well. I really want to push myself to get through them both since they are so revered. Probably the only fps games with such good reviews that I never played.

The only one I haven't played is Infinite. The first Bioshock isn't a particularly engaging shooter, so if the setting or story doesn't intrigue you, it might still bore you. The second is much better, mechanically, but many of its encounters feel like a single player horde mode. I enjoyed it much more, personally, and the Minerva's Den DLC is an even better slice of it. For now, I'll probably only look around and see what's changed, better or worse, in the first two games and move on to the third.

Early console reports are not really encouraging:

PAUjWhV.jpg

ah geez

well here's hoping it's not all bad

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Intheflorsh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

System Shock 2 -- MB-FCC7F177470363CA - Taken by Endruen

MUnited83

For you.
The new client icons are cool

9fa04bbec761dd9c475a8dc7716025d782d6c291.ico
b5f128e9d55d35dd0c8f27dd7dded8a9b22e8087.ico

It's possible, but these were always separate apps.

Can be added later though, doesn't always go up right on launch.

When he means replace, he doesn't mean replace the original apps, but removing the originals from sale and only allow for the new ones to be bought. Which happens a lot with these kinds of remasters.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Bioshock, Bioshock 2, BioShock 2 Remastered, BioShock Infinite, BioShock Remastered

Silly Steam, that's not how I want you to look at all on the library list.

Jawmuncher

I forgot how time consuming the achievements are in Dead Rising. I got the majority of them back in the day. But I can't see myself doing them again. Still a good list though, since it makes you try and do a lot of things.

Also dunno if it's in the steam version, but the Xbox one version still has the frame pause when using the sledge hammer swing. Just thought that was funny.

Is Minerva's Den playable standalone? It's the only bit of Bioshock I never played and I'd rather not download the full second game to play it.

Nzyme32

Is Minerva's Den playable standalone? It's the only bit of Bioshock I never played and I'd rather not download the full second game to play it.

No, you have to have Bioshock 2 / 2 Remaster as it is a dlc for those. If you purchase Minervas den Remastered, you also get the original version for the original Bioshock 2 (which is the only way to buy it now anyway)

Isn't there an option in the Steam client to rename things? I'm pretty sure I've seen it in there. I've also used some app (Depressurizer?) to do the same (as well as batch adding categories).

There's no official option for doing it. It's possible to rename them yourself but doing it is a bit of a faff. Somebody did come up with a program that will do it for you but I can't remember the name right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom