• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

danthefan

Am I going nuts here or did Steam used to show you the rarity of your achievements? It's not there for me now in the client anyway, was it ever there and did they remove it?

venomenon

Am I going nuts here or did Steam used to show you the rarity of your achievements? It's not there for me now in the client anyway, was it ever there and did they remove it?
You can see the rarity in the showcase on your profile page (the one that displays your rarest achievements) and in the global achievement stats (example).

I don't think there was ever another way, was there?

madjoki

I don't think it was ever in client.

But you can click View All Achievements and then View global achievement stats.
This only works if you own game, so you can't do this for family shared games for some reason.

Zeknurn

Just Cause 3 looking normal

PpNrxwZ.gif

I'm still looking at this and it's still great.

The best one on that list is ABZU for sure, although Brothers and Costume Quest were pretty good too. Undertale isn't that short I thought (I clocked 8 hours). Limbo sucked, I thought they would've gone with Inside instead.

Inside and Limbo are both included on the same page. I still need to get Inside, I've heard great things about it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All Star bundle on Bundlestars...
Has no actual stars, barely any decent games. ;_;

Noah's the star of the Bible though
, right?
/s

KingBroly

Banned
I have the base game on PS4 and... it's not bad. The game just sorta goes through the motions. Heavy use of the batmobile as a "puzzle-solving" device, lot of busy work in general.

Game-wise, I know what I'm getting into. It's just performance and value to me at this point. I feel like this is the cheapest it's been/might ever get.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I can't even launch The Crew, uplay pls.

Nice to see CSD2 got a store page. Looks great.

Mine keeps showing 'Installing 1/2'
Not sure what its installing exactly though @o@
Mine was showing "Installing 5/6" before, now it's not even showing that. Just hanging.

Some of you (and by that I mean absolutely none of you) may remember that I decided to read all of The Witcher books before playing the games. Last night I finished book #6, and I was very excited to start the final one!

...and then I saw it hasn't been translated into English yet. It's apparently coming sometime next year.

God damn it.

illusionary

For anyone who missed Humble's giveaway (keys expiring on Saturday)...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (illusionary, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tropico 4 (#1) -- MB-852B2357E7FBBD30 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Tropico 4 (#2) -- MB-30298AF6C00A4C59

t1473982542z1.png

Wok

Some of you (and by that I mean absolutely none of you) may remember that I decided to read all of The Witcher books before playing the games. Last night I finished book #6, and I was very excited to start the final one!

...and then I saw it hasn't been translated into English yet. It's apparently coming sometime next year.

God damn it.

:D

Maybe start reading Cyberpunk 2077 novels!

Just kidding, this is a super good intention. What is the original language? Edit: Polish. Now that is a hard language.

Edit²: I did not know there were books. It could be even better than the game.

Xanathus

God damn it.

You can go ahead and start playing the games already, the games are basically a "fan" game based on the books. IIRC the author even said that he doesn't consider the games canon.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

God damn it.

Watch the movie and TV show next.

0m1abOb.jpg

Wok

What is the suggested order of reading? I see many books there. Edit: I guess it is just the order of writing.

You talk about seven books, but they say the saga is a pentalogy, so you include short stories in there.

Thumper? Potentially awesome going by what I've seen. Owlboy? Cossacks 3! SHADOW WARRIOR 2.

If none those are for you I guess it's time to go home, raise a family and start talking to your fishes.

I'm blind buying Thumper, lol. The only media I've seen was some footage from an old episode of Area 5's Co-op maybe 2 years ago or something, but I was already sold.

Maybe start reading Cyberpunk 2077 novels!

Just kidding, this is a super good intention. What is the original language? Edit: Polish. Now that is a hard language.

Edit²: I did not know there were books. It could be even better than the game.

The books are absolutely great. I highly recommend them! I've never read a series so quickly in my life. I've actually been "reading" them via audiobooks, which have a fantastic narrator.

You can go ahead and start playing the games already, the games are basically a "fan" game based on the books. IIRC the author even said that he doesn't consider the games canon.

Yeah I might do that. Though I heard The Witcher 3 does contain some book spoilers.

Oh god.

What is the suggested order of reading? I see many books there. Edit: I guess it is just the order of writing.

You talk about seven books, but they say the saga is a pentalogy, so you include short stories in there.

This Reddit thread has all the info you'll need for the books:

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/co..._witcher_books_guide/?st=it4t6l8u&sh=28b6e551

TLDR, the order is: The Last Wish, Sword of Destiny, Blood of Elves, Time of Contempt, Baptism of Fire, The Swallow’s Tower, Lady of the Lake.

JDHarbs

This might be old news, but I just noticed that Aliens: Colonial Marines has a super awesome new grid view icon complete with compression, stretching, and now says "collection" on it. Users might be getting DLC for free, maybe?

header.jpg

1b2963dd91bc1b42ff66115b3ac82b55fbe50402502d289ae27bfd21269abe93.jpg

Knurek

God damn it.

I have to wonder how you English folk will react to the last novel when it drops for you.
Especially the final part.
Polish fandom's reaction can be summarized by three words: doubleyou tee eff

madjoki

This might be old news, but I just noticed that Aliens: Colonial Marines has a super awesome new grid view icon complete with compression, stretching, and now says "collection" on it. Users might be getting DLC for free, maybe?

header.jpg

1b2963dd91bc1b42ff66115b3ac82b55fbe50402502d289ae27bfd21269abe93.jpg

Nope. They just make it impossible to buy DLC separately, so you need to rebuy whole game. Same for Sonic Generations at least.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

rtcn63

I read Luther: The Calling (prequel to the televised series written post) and it was... incredibly phoned it. Not terrible, but it doesn't match the quality of the writing in the show.

Unai

I've read some of the Resident Evil novels. While they are not cannon, they made a good job at fitting both Jill and Chris story in the first book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom