• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Civ V Norway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onb-hdjuNbU

There's a contract your parents sign when you are born that you have to buy all movies and games that represents Norway and/or Norwegians in some form.

damn already 3 naval based civs

civ 6 is a beast :)

Get fucked. We're vikings. You will be entering viking land. No one get's out of here alive.

the leader was the last of the viking leaders though and their special unit has a penalty when defending

the viking time has come to an end

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I got my computer up and running (thankfully, and to my surprise, I just had to purchase a new power supply to replace the one that caught fire.)

I played a few hours of Epistory and I generally liked it, but I hit a snag in the difficulty that I just can't seem to get past and I got tired of playing the same sequence over and over again so I think I'm done with the game. I'm at the end of the mine level, and I even went back and got enough points to purchase all of the available upgrades and I'm still not able to complete this section. I even turned off the "adaptive difficulty" (since I type pretty fast anyway) and set it to "easiest" and still wasn't able to proceed past this part. I'm thinking there is just something I'm doing wrong, because the rest of the game hasn't been that difficult so far - but I keep alternating between my powers pretty effectively I think, just end up getting overwhelmed by baddies in the end.

It's a shame, because I would have really liked to finish it.

it's september 2016 where the FUCK is Cuphead?

Since it was delayed to include those bland platforming levels the internet yokels were clamoring about, I rather they take their time polishing it.

I rather it was a boss fight marathon like it originally was.

I got my computer up and running (thankfully, and to my surprise, I just had to purchase a new power supply to replace the one that caught fire.)

I played a few hours of Epistory and I generally liked it, but I hit a snag in the difficulty that I just can't seem to get past and I got tired of playing the same sequence over and over again so I think I'm done with the game. I'm at the end of the mine level, and I even went back and got enough points to purchase all of the available upgrades and I'm still not able to complete this section. I even turned off the "adaptive difficulty" (since I type pretty fast anyway) and set it to "easiest" and still wasn't able to proceed past this part. I'm thinking there is just something I'm doing wrong, because the rest of the game hasn't been that difficult so far - but I keep alternating between my powers pretty effectively I think, just end up getting overwhelmed by baddies in the end.

It's a shame, because I would have really liked to finish it.

Is that the one where you have to keep the five crystal lights going? I had a bit of trouble as I initially tried to turn the lights on at the same time so they all went off at the same time! On about the 3rd attempt I changed my tact and lit them up in a clockwise pattern with about 5-10 seconds between each one. That way I never got overwhelmed with all the lights off and the insects in the dark.

Unless I had to I used fire exclusively as it burns through 2 words each time.

That console release of Star Trek Online is pushing me back to re-installing the game on Steam.

How is the game nowadays, I wonder. Also, does PC version got the same treatment of graphical upgrades?

It's been a while since I played it seriously (although I did jump in for a small amount of time with the TOS update) but from what I heard there were graphical updates for the PC version, mainly lighting based.

Ozium

its not like there isn't anything else to play right

nothing else like Cuphead.

I like 1930s animation style
I like Jazz music
I want Cuphead

Also, there are other things to play, things that will conflict with Cuphead. So the sooner the Cuphead, the better... :)

Tizoc

Since it was delayed to include those bland platforming levels the internet yokels were clamoring about, I rather they take their time polishing it.

I rather it was a boss fight marathon like it originally was.
They can just add that as a separate mode and have a traditional platforming ir what have u as another mode as well

Granjinha

I like Jazz music
I want Cuphead

Also, there are other things to play, things that will conflict with Cuphead. So the sooner the Cuphead, the better... :)

yeah i know, just think that people in general should be more patient :p

games take time and stuff

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is that the one where you have to keep the five crystal lights going? I had a bit of trouble as I initially tried to turn the lights on at the same time so they all went off at the same time! On about the 3rd attempt I changed my tact and lit them up in a clockwise pattern with about 5-10 seconds between each one. That way I never got overwhelmed with all the lights off and the insects in the dark.

Unless I had to I used fire exclusively as it burns through 2 words each time.

Yeah that's the one, maybe I'll give the clockwise crystal pattern a try.

They can just add that as a separate mode and have a traditional platforming ir what have u as another mode as well

Unless they have the story mode only included with the game mode that has the platforming levels because fuck that. Watching the video of that really put me to sleep which bums me out.

Jawmuncher

I like Jazz music
I want Cuphead

Teeth ain't gonna hook you up with a free copy. Just give up.

Anteater

yo that Ansel nvidia photo mode thing is fucking dope :0

thewitcher3highres201wuq8o.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The developer responsible for the Keen Dreams port is both releasing a reskinned clone of iD's Hovertank 3D (which is probably a GPL violation, possibly more depending on whether he keeps any original assets) AND currently spamming the Steam forums of another developer's game with personal abuse -- so, uh, if you're a collector I'd definitely consider picking up Keen Dreams before this guy gets himself banned.

yuraya

Has anyone played The Crew? How is it?

Not really a fan of racing games but same time never really played an open world racer.

Also Forza Horizon 3 is coming soon and rumored to have a demo on the win10 store so its good news for racing fans on pc this month.

Momentary

Banned
Hmmm

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition is busted for most people using Windows 10 due to something happening with DirectX10. This issue has been known since winter of 2015 and they haven't patched this crap.

I really wish STEAM would refund people because of busted ass games. Hopefully this game goes on sale again so more people can buy it and get angry like me.

This really upsets me as I was wanting an action game to play... Looks like I might purchase that Recore game. Looks like it's the Mega Man Legends game I always wanted.

The developer responsible for the Keen Dreams port is both releasing a reskinned clone of iD's Hovertank 3D (which is probably a GPL violation, possibly more depending on whether he keeps any original assets) AND currently spamming the Steam forums of another developer's game with personal abuse -- so, uh, if you're a collector I'd definitely consider picking up Keen Dreams before this guy gets himself banned.

It would only be a GPL violation if he doesn't release the source code to his clone, no?

Ozium

Keen Dreams was published by Hard Disk Productions but the developer is listed as ID Software and a guy named David.. the account linked to that guy only has posts about keen dreams. there is another account called harddisk productions that has the type of abuse you talk about and on their profile page they mention their hovertank clone game, which says it is developed by hard disk productions

is it the same person?

Wok

I don't know what I expected from Grim Dawn. I am completely immune to having fun by playing hack-n-slash.

To counterbalance, here are a few games which I have played recently and would recommend:
  • Animated Puzzles
  • Castle of Illusion
  • Joe Danger 2
  • Road to Ballhalla
  • Seasons After Fall
  • Spoolside
  • Warlock of Firetop Mountain

Anteater

Hmmm

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition is busted for most people using Windows 10 due to something happening with DirectX10. This issue has been known since winter of 2015 and they haven't patched this crap.

I really wish STEAM would refund people because of busted ass games. Hopefully this game goes on sale again so more people can buy it and get angry like me.

This really upsets me as I was wanting an action game to play... Looks like I might purchase that Recore game. Looks like it's the Mega Man Legends game I always wanted.

This happened with some of their old games too, where a directx patch from windows update broke 2 of their games (don't remember which), had to uninstall the update for them to work

Ban Puncher

FIVE DOLLARS??!!!?

Get outta here.

Has anyone played The Crew? How is it?

Not really a fan of racing games but same time never really played an open world racer.

Also Forza Horizon 3 is coming soon and rumored to have a demo on the win10 store so its good news for racing fans on pc this month.

I thought the driving controls in the beta were some of the worst I've ever experienced. Everything felt like driving on ice. But that was a long time ago, they may have fixed it.

Controls aside, it's no Forza Horizon but it's worth a download, especially if you're familiar with certain cities or US regions and want to see how they squashed them into a smaller scale form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom