• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A great shmup -- MB-DBF54ACD0161AC9C - Taken by KainXVIII. 17 entrants total.

t1473276283z1.png

venomenon

I don't know what I expected from Grim Dawn. I am completely immune to having fun by playing hack-n-slash.
I think I feel the same. It's just so mindless and unfun
(says someone with >300 hrs on Adventure Capitalist, but yeah)
. I should've given up on this genre when Diablo 2 put me to sleep.

Doesn't look like the story can make up for it either.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
so an Assasin's Creed will probably be one of Ubi's free games for sure now, right?

My predictions:

October = Watch Dogs (Watch Dogs 2 releases in November)
November = The Stick of Truth (The Fractured but Whole releases in December)
December = Assassin's Creed Something, but not one of the Ezio games (to promote the film while not stepping on the toes of the Ezio Collection)

Kaleinc

Banned
Hmmm

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition is busted for most people using Windows 10 due to something happening with DirectX10. This issue has been known since winter of 2015 and they haven't patched this crap.

I really wish STEAM would refund people because of busted ass games. Hopefully this game goes on sale again so more people can buy it and get angry like me.

This really upsets me as I was wanting an action game to play... Looks like I might purchase that Recore game. Looks like it's the Mega Man Legends game I always wanted.
That's because the port is a piece of shit and has a ton of issues besides Dx10 (MS obviously is a piece of shit too for breaking their own api).

Buraindo

Well, that is not at all what I expected. Cool.

Been playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning lately. Not too bad.
Bit on the easy side to be honest, but that's okay. Had to stop bothering with side quests though, far too many of them and the ones I completed were for the most part too boring for my taste, so I'm mostly just sticking to faction and main quests.
It's all very predictable, by the books fantasy. The world and characters aren't doing anything for me. Game still looks neat which is always appreciated and the VA is mostly good.
The combat is good fun, probably the best thing the game has to offer.

Also slowly working my way through Ys II. Not a fan of that Mine at the beginning.

iosefe

My predictions:

December = Assassin's Creed Something, but not one of the Ezio games (to promote the film while not stepping on the toes of the Ezio Collection)

ezio trilogy is almost 4 years old though

Monooboe

Found that I had unused key from a humblebundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lethal League -- MB-8BE2349204E6D000 - Taken by Shalashaska. 2 entrants total.

t1473266978z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
My predictions:

Syndicate pls (not going to happen, but still)

dex3108

My predictions:

It could be AC Rogue so i will hold my purchase this year in case we get it XD

Knurek

My predictions:

If Vivendi takeover comes through, I expect Guillemot to just give away all of games for free just to spite them.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Saviors -- MB-88D4E58713D4B3B7 - Taken by ussjtrunks
It's not a DLC but a full game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jshackles, did you okay this? http://super-steam.net/

Yes. Even though they didn't have to, the developer contacted me beforehand and asked permission. My code is released under GPL so it's perfectly acceptable, especially since they built their own server-side infrastructure and aren't making requests or busying up the Enhanced Steam API servers.

I think they started working on this a few months after I had previously discontinued Firefox support and originally I believe it was a Firefox-only addon.

And because the author followed the terms of the GPL, if I saw a feature they developed or something that would make sense for Enhanced Steam, I could add it back so it's really nice to see an offshot like this that isn't just your standard copycat / clone work.

Now that the Firefox version of Enhanced Steam has started to gain some parity to the Chrome version, I'm not sure how Super Steam will differentiate itself going forward but we'll see.

MUnited83

For you.
Yes. Even though they didn't have to, the developer contacted me beforehand and asked permission. My code is released under GPL so it's perfectly acceptable, especially since they built their own server-side infrastructure and aren't making requests or busying up the Enhanced Steam API servers.

I think they started working on this a few months after I had previously discontinued Firefox support and originally I believe it was a Firefox-only addon.

And because the author followed the terms of the GPL, if I saw a feature they developed or something that would make sense for Enhanced Steam, I could add it back so it's really nice to see an offshot like this that isn't just your standard copycat / clone work.

Now that the Firefox version of Enhanced Steam has started to gain some parity to the Chrome version, I'm not sure how Super Steam will differentiate itself going forward but we'll see.
Would you consider adding their feature of putting embbeded youtube videos of the games on the video queue of their store page? That's the one feature on their list that ES doesn't already have in some capacity and I think it would be quite neat.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ehy Jshackles, can you confirm this is safe? I installed the extension for Chrome and got three games, so it works, but is the software safe?

Obviously the extension started with clean code when they forked it, but I'll admit that I haven't looked at much of the code that's been developed for it since. Seems a little shady that they're promoting themselves using a giveaway like this, but that doesn't necessarily mean that their extension contains malware.

Also please keep in mind: I get offers all the time from advertising companies to let them install some shit in Enhanced Steam's releases that puts malware or "shopping helpers" or annoying shit in your browser (even when not browsing Steam) and I always tell them to fuck right off. I'm not saying that the guy behind Super Steam would allow those types of things into the extension, but sometimes it's quite a bit of money I turn away and he's not me, so like anything you install it's probably worth vetting first.

Would you consider adding their feature of putting embbeded youtube videos of the games on the video queue of their store page? That's the one feature on their list that ES doesn't already have in some capacity and I think it would be quite neat.

It is a pretty neat feature and it's one I might consider adding in the future - but the problem has always been "how do you pick the right videos without playing favorites?". Or do you sacrifice the integrity of the system to grease the palms of monetized video creators?

Ludens

Banned
Obviously the extension started with clean code when they forked it, but I'll admit that I haven't looked at much of the code that's been developed for it since. Seems a little shady that they're promoting themselves using a giveaway like this, but that doesn't necessarily mean that their extension contains malware.

Also please keep in mind: I get offers all the time from advertising companies to let them install some shit in Enhanced Steam's releases that puts malware or "shopping helpers" or annoying shit in your browser (even when not browsing Steam) and I always tell them to fuck right off. I'm not saying that the guy behind Super Steam would allow those types of things into the extension, but sometimes it's quite a bit of money I turn away and he's not me, so like anything you install it's probably worth vetting first.

It is a pretty neat feature and it's one I might consider adding in the future - but the problem has always been "how do you pick the right videos without playing favorites?". Or do you sacrifice the integrity of the system to grease the palms of monetized video creators?

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussi...aviors-airscape-sun-blast-detour-marble-mayhe

Umh, I don't understand but maybe you can help, what does that mean? People claim the add-on does ajax calls, I don't even know what those are. I uninstalled it right after I got the keys, I checked and it seems there's no additional software on my PC, but who knows.

jshackles

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussi...aviors-airscape-sun-blast-detour-marble-mayhe

Umh, I don't understand but maybe you can help, what does that mean? People claim the add-on does ajax calls, I don't even know what those are. I uninstalled it right after I got the keys, I checked and it seems there's no additional software on my PC, but who knows.

Apparently when they built their server back-end, they didn't do it very well it seems.

Ajax calls aren't themselves harmful (it's how Enhanced Steam gets it's API data as well) but they can be used maliciously to load software from other domains. Modern browsers implement what's called CORS (cross-origin resource sharing) but can bypass CORS for extensions as long as the domains specified match the extension's manifest files. So when it says "can see your browsing activity and load scripts from super-steam.net" or whatever, it literally means "you need to trust this because it could load something bad from the super-steam.net domain while you're browsing Steam". Again, not saying it does, just saying it could. I haven't looked at the code.

In this case, it just looks like they're doing Ajax requests to get your user's Steam keys so it's probably fine.

Regginator

Wait a minute... how did they come to this price? I "merely" own Borderlands 1 and three of its DLCs (which was 1$ tier in a Humble Bundle a few months ago), but apparently I can get Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel (unfortunately no additional DLCs) for €6,78.... That's a pretty good price, considering they're currently much, much more for the two of them (7,50 and 14 respectively).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom