• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the "enthusiasts" are going crazy for it

Call PC gamers over an obsession with graphics and frame rate, but celebrate a console that improves solely on those two things

I mean those are the two things that consoles are really lacking on right now so I think they are quite on the point I guess

drakaenae

RIP

CrxXxYSXYAAm5Dh.jpg:large

Tnx lashman.
How likely would they add the game back?

dex3108

Lame conference, PS4 Pro is really not good name (with one word you made 40 million owners less worth) and really ugly design of console in my opinion.

voodooray

Drops cards

Its actually this Saviors:

ModBot said:
Instructions for voodooray:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Saviors -- MB-A6494BEFD54AFFB0 - Taken by electroflame

I'm in support of MS and Sony going for 4K resolutions with their newer hardware because it means in all likelihood I'll be able to play newer games at 1080p for even longer.

Monooboe

Lame conference, PS4 Pro is really not good name (with one word you made 40 million owners less worth) and really ugly design of console in my opinion.

Yeah, while the word "pro" has been used wrongly since forever but still it felt very strange now, I mean how the hell is it professional?

I am little shocked at that one can either have 4K/HDR or run in 1080p and get extra graphics. It's like having a PC with an 970GTX and wanting to do 4K, sure you can but won't get the best of graphic effects.

Nzyme32

So a console is gonna do stuff that pcs been doing for a while now.

Same as always, although the PS4P will use a method of upscaling that is likely not something we typically see on PC games (other than what Valve is doing with it's low spec VR in Source 2, which is apparently a similar concept)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Spaceport Hope -- MB-19BBF756E6727DA3 - Taken by rainking187 - Taken by Mackenzie 92

yuraya

I find it hilarious how most of these companies and developers keep showcasing these display/graphics features in these videos but 99% of the people watching this stuff are doing it via a crappy quality twitch stream. Your message doesn't reach your audience. Its all pointless.

Nzyme32

The Sony marketing is pretty great. Constantly talking about "true 4K" when they aren't actually rendering at 4k; even better talking about upscaling on the previous consoles, but not with PS4 Pro

Knurek

I know this isn't Steam relevant, but... Andromeda pre-trailer.
Seeing that Asari there... God damn it, I missed that universe.
Please be a good game, please be a good game, please be a good game

New CAVE game.
F2P Android Japan exclusive with gacha mechanics...
37c680be-602b-43f4-b0fa-3f3c5cfe556d_zpsly6jzisj.png

We need to address the elephant in the room. 90% of the cards available are of these five girls in different outfits and poses. And those sphere grid dealios I was talking about earlier? They’re accessed via a little button in the corner. It's so small that it’s almost like the developers didn't want you to find it. You tap on it, and it brings you to fullscreen profile shots of every Main Girl you have a card for*. And you can tap them. Little hearts pop out of wherever you tapped them as they react. Yeah, you know where this is going. The implementation here is kind of half-assed, though. Where you tap does not seem to matter in the least - reactions seem to be random, as if they didn't really want to include this "feature." It's just the Thing You Do when you're making this kind of game. But! This menu holds, other, more important things. Like a date button! Okay, so like, I can’t figure out how to get new date options**, other than “go outside for an anime smoke break,” but it’s still important. The sphere grids need points you get from sending Generic on dates with the various Main Girls; though all this does is give you a count down to POINTS GET and change the background for that Main Girl. Also, sometimes you get dresses, and you can change what dress they’re wearing, which is how I discovered this menu. I got a new outfit for Souffle, and the obligatory “A New Thing Is In This Menu” ! was floating next to the tiny button, which led to this confusing hell. But like, the animations in this menu are super cute? Like the curtains that slide back and forth as you change dresses is well done. And the band outfit I got for Soffule is pretty adorable in a “awwwww, how precious” kind of way. Plus, the little chibi sprites for Generic and the Main Girls just kind of wiggle across the street when you send them off on dates and it’s just the best and adorable and OH MY GOD IT HAS ITS CLAWS IN ME SEND HELP FUCK SHIT DAMN GET IT OFF OF ME I’M TOO YOUNG TO DIE LIKE THIS PLEASE HELP OH GOD NO

Monooboe

I know this isn't Steam relevant, but... Andromeda pre-trailer.
Seeing that Asari there... God damn it.
Please be a good game, please be a good game, please be a good game

Yeah I agree! Eventhough the pre-trailer wasn't that exciting the game is still the game I want to play the most right now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
All this PS4 4K talk have made me want to check out 4K scaling in Nvidia cp.

Edit: What does DSR smoothness mean?

Basically, it's a blur filter designed to mask aliasing that can manifest when using DSR to render at a resolution that is not a whole factor of your native resolution. It's not needed if you're using 4x DSR to go from 1080p to 4K as you're multiplying each axis by two.

donny2112

I find it hilarious how most of these companies and developers keep showcasing these display/graphics features in these videos but 99% of the people watching this stuff are doing it via a crappy quality twitch stream. Your message doesn't reach your audience. Its all pointless.

Wonder if that's why 3-D hasn't been an unqualified success.

Ludens

Banned
"The PS4 PRO was studied to provide you the better experience with 4K gaming. And, guess what? A brand new Netflix app, so you can stream directly on your 4K tv your 4K favourite shows, like Beautiful and Beverly Hills 90210."

"Ey, what about 4K bluray?"

"Our PS4 PRO will provide a deep HDR"

"What about those bluray, Sony."

"It's amazing, so many of you watching the stream right now"

"..."

yuraya

That Mass Effect Andromeda footage didn't really look like Mass Effect at all. I don't even know what to make of it. Everything about it just felt..off. Kind of disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom