• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

So, less than 2 days before Steins;Gate.

Meanwhile Solstice is sold for an historical low with the Humble GameMaker bundle.

Grief.exe

That Mass Effect Andromeda footage didn't really look like Mass Effect at all. I don't even know what to make of it. Everything about it just felt..off. Kind of disappointed.

I always try to deaden expectations for modern Bioware outputs. They've had massive amounts of staff turnover in the past 5+ years and they aren't targeting enthusiast demographics.

Don't expect a good game going forward. Mainstream consumers and press are going to go crazy when the game initially releases, but as time goes on it will be forgotten like many of these releases in the modern era.

Jawmuncher

I always try to deaden expectations for modern Bioware outputs. They've had massive amounts of staff turnover in the past 5+ years and they aren't targeting enthusiast demographics.

Don't expect a good game going forward.

It's really going to depend how much inquisition they put in this game.
If I gotta earn Andromeda points to unlock the total of 5 main story missions, i'm out.

Dragon Age: Inquisition? Nah... Mass Effect: Expedition
That Mass Effect Andromeda footage didn't really look like Mass Effect at all. I don't even know what to make of it. Everything about it just felt..off. Kind of disappointed.

Where did the squadmates come from when the cutscene started???

To be honest, everything in Frostbite kinda gives me the Warfighter vibe (though not as extreme, 'cause what is). You know...
a88uef.gif

Like, the fidelity is there, but the humanity is not.

I really liked Dragon Age Inquisition, and I loved all three Mass Effect games. I'm not really worried about Andromeda. The brief bit they showed was still clearly very early.

Of course I won't be buying it day one. I'll wait a few weeks and see how it shakes down.

Dragon Age: Inquisition? Nah... Mass Effect: Expedition

Where did the squadmates come from when the cutscene started???

To be honest, everything in Frostbite kinda gives me the Warfighter vibe (though not as extreme, 'cause what is). You know...
a88uef.gif

Like, the fidelity is there, but the humanity is not.

That's the best CG ever in games.

donny2112

After Super Mario Runner has an Android release, wonder if it'll ever come to Steam. That'd be something. First real Mario game on Steam?

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hordelicious -- MB-0BE103AF275F6904 - Taken by ExoSoul
Proto Raider -- MB-B9FFBDE4EBC29848 - Taken by ussjtrunks

I kind of wish that Sony would have just put the PS4 Pro into a standard ATX PC tower lol. A few blue LED's and a Sony PS logo or two and it would have been set.

It's been a while since I played it seriously (although I did jump in for a small amount of time with the TOS update) but from what I heard there were graphical updates for the PC version, mainly lighting based.

I see. Thanks, I guess I'm installing now.

Wow, nice!

This is somewhat similar to Forza Horizon, right?

It looked more like dragon age inquisition than mass effect.

Well, it's on the same engine.

Uzzy

Everytime I see a modern Bioware game, I consider just how lucky we are that kickstarter came along to fund a renaissance in proper RPGs from a host of different studios. The Witcher series being brilliant helps too.

Jawmuncher

Everytime I see a modern Bioware game, I consider just how lucky we are that kickstarter came along to fund a renaissance in proper RPGs from a host of different studios. The Witcher series being brilliant helps too.

Witcher to me isn't scratching the itch I need for another ME or DA style game. There was something off about it to me. Think it was that I didn't really particularly care about the setting. Despite even reading some of the books.

MadGear

Played some Halo 5 3v3, pretty fun I'll say, don't give me a sniper though.

I'm super sad that I won't get to play it. Initially they said that it would require basic DX12 support (with a 650 Ti as a minimum) but now it seems to require feature level 12_0 instead. I hate my Kepler GPU so much. Oh well, a new GPU is next, just not now and certainly not for Halo 5 Forge.

derExperte

Andromeda looks.... cheap? They're talking about 4K and then show us some spacecave with almost nothing in it. Yawn.

Then I check the list of games which will improve on Pro.
No Knack.

At least Andy Murray lost.

Dr.Acula

Banned
There are currently twenty PS4 threads on the front-page.

I may actually get one of these things. A lot cheaper than I thought it would be.

Ascheroth

Best NPC companion. Never stop misfiring, Kanon.

Also, I've finished the original God Eater storyline and am now in the Burst content. Holy fuck, that Hannibal-Aragami is freaking amazing. If that's how the enemy quality increases with each installment, I can't wait until I get to the Resurrection content and then God Eater 2, because god damn, that thing is amazing.

Googling found me this, seems pretty accurate :p. Need to make some proper screenshots (tomorrow).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom