• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Witcher to me isn't scratching the itch I need for another ME or DA style game. There was something off about it to me. Think it was that I didn't really particularly care about the setting. Despite even reading some of the books.

I too would enjoy another Mass Effect or Dragon Age: Origins style game. But we're never getting those again from Bioware. Which, you know, hurts, but it hurts a lot less now that we have a whole bunch of RPGs from a lot of different studios, when it looked like they were a dying breed.

At least Andy Murray lost.

Only Murray could have saved us from the darkest timeline where Djokovic strolls to another title.

Nzyme32

2001222745.jpeg

someone got paid big bucks to design this.

what the hell.

This will only be perfect if the actual device is received and looks like a mangled deflated version of what is advertised akin to a Big Mac

Everytime I see a modern Bioware game, I consider just how lucky we are that kickstarter came along to fund a renaissance in proper RPGs from a host of different studios. The Witcher series being brilliant helps too.

Indeed. Divinity: Original Sin 2 in eight days!

(And I just remembered this gif exists!)
2aN746W.gif

Everything is good.

AHA-Lambda

In all seriousness, why is the design of the new PS4 in 3 tiers?

Looks like disc slot on top, and USB slots underneath? Why?

EDIT: I missed the conference, why is Gaming side seemingly so disappointed? Did I miss something? I'm not sure what they were expecting really =/

yuraya

EDIT: I missed the conference, why is Gaming side seemingly so disappointed? Did I miss something? I'm not sure what they were expecting really =/

Everyone is red dead disappointed.

Vamphuntr

It's not twin GTX1080 with an i75960X and 16 GB of DDR5 for 399$ obviously. Joking aside I think some hardcore fans are disappointed it's not up to par to Xbox Scorpio and there weren't much exclusive content for it.

Nzyme32

I think many expected it to be some gamer-centric E3 "megaton hype goo goo ga ga" event, and were disappointed when it turned out to be more of a media briefing on the products. That and people can't see the difference between 4K / HDR vs the PS4 on a display that can't display them and wasn't streamed as such (shocking), and the number of games being "forward compatible" with improved features / "4k" / improved graphics being extremely short. And the slow realisation that this isn't actually rendering in 4k, and the games that were 1080p 30fps on PS4 are not 60fps on the new system (again shocking).

Basically people stuck in their usual hype driven fervour threads and being shocked at no grandiose reality

MUnited83

For you.
It is a pretty neat feature and it's one I might consider adding in the future - but the problem has always been "how do you pick the right videos without playing favorites?". Or do you sacrifice the integrity of the system to grease the palms of monetized video creators?

Certainly a tricky question. Maybe a algorythm that picks random videos that satisfy a certain criteria? Like a certain percentage of likes or something like that.

I think it would be a really neat feature for the more unknown and small games out there.

AHA-Lambda

It's not twin GTX1080 with an i75960X and 16 GB of DDR5 for 399$ obviously. Joking aside I think some hardcore fans are disappointed it's not up to par to Xbox Scorpio and there weren't much exclusive content for it.

but we don't even know what scorpio really is yet though =/

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Spaceport Hope -- MB-19BBF756E6727DA3 - Taken by rainking187

Ozium

Good to see a lot of people in this thread are getting wise to the fact that you can purchase a PREMIUM entertainment console like the PlayStation® PS4™ PRO™ and enjoy high fidelity visuals from your comfy couch without having to deal with driver updates or buying a new $600 dollar GPU every year.

KingKong

Good to see a lot of people in this thread are getting wise to the fact that you can purchase a PREMIUM entertainment console like the PlayStation® PS4™ PRO™ and enjoy high fidelity visuals from your comfy couch without having to deal with driver updates or buying a new $600 dollar GPU every year.

yeah right... I'm waiting for the Scorpio. If there's anyone that knows how to get consoles right, it's Microsoft

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

60FPS was overrated anyways. 24FPS is more cinematic.

I pre-ordered a PS4 Pro, I have a few months to think better of it and cancel. Now that I have a 1070 my reasons for getting one is significantly less.

Momentary

Banned
My reasons for getting one stopped with Nier. I do want to play Persona and Bloodborne, but I don't see the point in buying a console for only 2 games. I can enjoy them years from now on PSNow more than likely.

Pixieking

Banned
Hmm a PS4 Pro or a 1070, decisions decisions.

Lol jk why would I want a neo when I have a PC.

Bloodborne?

And, um...

Uncharted?

Wondering if the performance upgrade for the Pro will make Bloodborne run better. If all its issues were based on not enough CPU/GPU power, then it should, but if it needs to be patched to take advantage, I'll be sad. Hoping it's just like installing a new GPU in a PC.

Want to ask this on gaming-side, but also don't want to visit gaming-side until it's all calmed down a bit. :p

Bloodborne?

And, um...

Uncharted?

Wondering if the performance upgrade for the Pro will make Bloodborne run better. If all its issues were based on not enough CPU/GPU power, then it should, but if it needs to be patched to take advantage, I'll be sad. Hoping it's just like installing a new GPU in a PC.

Want to ask this on gaming-side, but also don't want to visit gaming-side until it's all calmed down a bit. :p
Bloodborne is a locked 30fps isn't it? The framepacing is just screwed up and good hardware won't fix that.

Also I already played Bloodborne and liked Souls 3 more so meh.

Granjinha

My reasons for getting one stopped with Nier. I do want to play Persona and Bloodborne, but I don't see the point in buying a console for only 2 games. I can enjoy years from now on PSNow more than likely.

I still want The Last Guardian and Horizon, so i'm getting a PS4.

But yeah, practically every publisher is on board with PC right now, so i'm not in a rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom