• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloodborne, Until Dawn and Persona 5 are the only worthwhile games on PS4, but none of those are taking advantage of the PS4 Pro.

So, once again, the PC is the better choice.

I'm not sure if I wanna get a PS4 before Persona 5 comes out or if I'll play that on PS3. I do also want to Bloodborne and Until Dawn, plus I'll want to play that stupid a David Cage game when it comes out.

Ban Puncher

I just realised that not only would I have to buy a PS4 Pro console and a 4K TV to take advantage of it, I'd have to buy a new 4K compatible AV receiver too.

'Cheaper than a PC' my arse.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Project Highrise is out and is to Sim Tower what Cities: Skylines was to Sim City

just need a new Sim Earth type game and I'll be set

I really enjoyed what I played of that at PAX, even though it was just 40 minutes worth. It's everything I enjoyed out of Sim Tower, without the inability to expand beyond it's "elevator simulator" design. Who knew figuring out the best way to lay out electrical wiring for maximum results could be so satisfying?

Easily one of those games I'm going to be playing for years straight, just to relax to. Making residents happy shall make me happy.

Grief.exe

I just realised that not only would I have to buy a PS4 Pro console and a 4K TV to take advantage of it, I'd have to buy a new 4K compatible AV receiver too.

'Cheaper than a PC' my arse.

Have to factor in $20 worth of mouse and keyboard into builds though, otherwise being disingenuous.

Project Highrise is out and is to Sim Tower what Cities: Skylines was to Sim City

just need a new Sim Earth type game and I'll be set

SimAnt fam

Ludens

Banned
vajvkXy.jpg

New FFXV official screenshot.

Nzyme32

Deus Ex Mandkind Divided with DX12 is shit, at least for me.

Loading times are far too long vs the 6 or 7 sec I would usually get. Some textures and effects are low resolution for no reason, no performance benefit either.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
eb3888841a.png

could someone help me with this

this is the only puzzle i've had problems with so far

literally been stuck on this for days

bottom row

make a "pseudo" mark on the right for two, then fill out the assured spots of 5 there

Knurek

OK here's where you gotta utilize probability:
The bottom most row is 5-2, and this is a 10 square row.
That means 3 squares won't be filled in. This is important as it means, if starting from the left side, 2 squares will have to be blacked out as they are part of the 5 squares you need to black out.

Let's use math to solve it:

10 squares per row
two shapes in the row, 5 and 2 squares each with a single square between them (since this isn't color picross and you can't join the shapes), totalling 8
10-8=2. Let's call that spacing.
from the left side
go right #spacing steps
fill 5-#spacing (3) squares
go right 1 step (break between shapes)
go right #spacing steps
fill 2-#spacing (0) squares
finish since we only have two shapes in the row
Code:
OOXXXOOOOO

Another example
15 squares per row
three shapes in the row, 5, 3 and 3 squares. two squares of break between them
spacing = 15-5-3-3-1-1=2
from the left side
go right 2 steps
fill 5-2 (3) squares
go right one step
go right 2 steps
fill 3-2 (1) square
go right one step
go right 2 steps
fill 3-2 (1) square
finish the row
Code:
OOXXXOOOXOOXOO

Parsnip

If they bring the Persona 5 PS4 slim bundle in Europe I might bite on that and finally get a console this gen.

oh they didn't fix it? That screenshot I took was using super res, it seems like AO is still in, but not sure about other post processing effects

Dunno if they fixed it. PP has always been an issue with any kind of tiled shot type of thing though so I wonder how easy it is to fix.
You should take two shots of the same spot with one at native and one at super res and compare.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Since its PC related, Legion sold 3.3 million copies so far. Dead game etc.

Also Blizz continues to print money.

"If you encounter problems with DirectX 12, we recommend turning it off again. There are no visual or gameplay differences between the two DirectX versions."

I have a feeling DX12 is again going to be performance loss for at least some cards. I've yet to benchmark a DX11/12 game that runs better on DX12. Luckily it doesn't matter with DXMD, DX12 offers no other benefits besides possible performance improvements.

It keeps happening!

Uzzy

Wheels of Aurelia will be released on Sep 20 on Steam.

http://www.wheelsofaurelia.com/

Great news. I enjoyed what I played of the beta version, especially how they let you talk and drive. Hope the full release is a success.

Torment: Tides of Numenera new trailer (ingame footage starts around 1:00 mark).

Still not convinced by this. Living up to Planescape Torment is a mammoth task, and I just don't know if they can do it. I'd be more interested if they dropped the Torment name, weirdly.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
did you actually get one? it won't fetch me one because "No serial available yet." the button is progress though

Just worked for me, activated it and everything.

AHA-Lambda

Hmm a PS4 Pro or a 1070, decisions decisions.

Lol jk why would I want a neo when I have a PC.

Yeah I know right! Why would you buy one when you have a PC?

*looks at abandoned PS4 on shelf caked in dust*

*looks at PS4 game collection that consists only of Bloodborne and UC4*

-I-feel-like-a-f-ing-idiot-animated-gif-arrested-development-31133188-500-286.gif

Why is the gaming media reporting the PS4 Pro as 4K?

https://twitter.com/wccftechdotcom/status/773891398542123009?s=09

I thought it was??
I thought that was the whole point of it?

Hmm a PS4 Pro or a 1070, decisions decisions.

Lol jk why would I want a neo when I have a PC.

Srsly. I have a 980 and getting a 1070 would be a better investment than getting a PS4 Pro. If you don't have a PS4 to begin with then that's a different story but I think I'll just stick to my OG PS4.

I'm selling my computer and want to backup everything on Steam. Do I copy the 'Steamapps' folder and the saves of the installed games only, or do I need to do anything else as well?

Anteater

If they bring the Persona 5 PS4 slim bundle in Europe I might bite on that and finally get a console this gen.

Dunno if they fixed it. PP has always been an issue with any kind of tiled shot type of thing though so I wonder how easy it is to fix.
You should take two shots of the same spot with one at native and one at super res and compare.

oh yeah it definitely got rid of the dof blur and stuff :(

the 360 screenshot function is neat tho

http://2vr.in/V-DUC

redlacs

Rocket League's Rumble update is around the corner, so today's daily deal better be RL so i can purchase all the DLCs i need for achievements and then never ever use the cars again

edit: its not. but have a Focus Home Interactive sale instead.
i only played Testament of Sherlock and Game of Thrones RPG and really liked both. maybe i should trust them and invest into their catalog same more. any tips?

Nabs

Rocket League's Rumble update is around the corner, so today's daily deal better be RL so i can purchase all the DLCs i need for achievements and then never ever use the cars again

i only played Testament of Sherlock and Game of Thrones RPG and really liked both. maybe i should trust them and invest into their catalog same more. any tips?

Rocket League Mac/Linux ports come out today as well. Should be a good time.

AHA-Lambda

Guys seriously, at that price buy Styx

It's like Assassin's Creed if it was actually stealthy, and sheathed the open world shite.

dave is ok

aztek is ok

It's on sale at Humble. Not sure about the DLC

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Guys seriously, at that price buy Styx

I hope the sequel is still releasing this year. December, which is practically the end of the year as far game releases are concerned, is less than three months away now and Focus has still yet to announce a firm date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom