• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSPssp

Guys seriously, at that price buy Styx

It's like Assassin's Creed if it was actually stealthy, and sheathed the open world shite.

Styx was the first Steam game I ever refunded.

MtZ9N.gif

AHA-Lambda

I hope the sequel is still releasing this year. December, which is practically the end of the year as far game releases are concerned, is less than three months away now and Focus has still yet to announce a firm date.

They've not shown like any gameplay though either =/

It surely ain't a 2016 title at this point? :(

Full game for free? Seriously??

That's a bigger bomba than Battleborn! =/

Mivey

Still not convinced by this. Living up to Planescape Torment is a mammoth task, and I just don't know if they can do it. I'd be more interested if they dropped the Torment name, weirdly.
Why care about that? It is so clear that the devs understand the main principles that made Torment great (play the EA if you don't believe me). Even if it falls short of being better than Planescape, Tides of Numenera's existence alone means that sort of game could exist in the future.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They've not shown like any gameplay though either =/

Yeah, I was hoping there would some sort of gameplay trailer at/to coincide with Gamescom.

It surely ain't a 2016 title at this point? :(

Well, it's not as though games need several weeks of marketing these days, so I wouldn't rule out a 2016 release just yet. December, though traditionally avoided, wouldn't actually be a bad idea if October is out of the question as this would also separate it from Dishonored 2 by a few weeks, however Focus would want to open up pre-orders sooner rather than later so people don't shrug it off in favour of having more money to spend during the Winter Sale.

How is Road to Gehana for The Talos Principle? I loved the main game.

I liked it quite a bit (I also liked the base game quite a bit as well).

Just be prepared for some harder puzzles. None of them felt "too hard", but there are some that are definitely more out-of-the-box than the base game.

Uzzy

That's not the sound of you buying Oxenfree.

Why care about that? It is so clear that the devs understand the main principles that made Torment great (play the EA if you don't believe me). Even if it falls short of being better than Planescape, Tides of Numenera's existence alone means that sort of game could exist in the future.

Well it's a matter of expectations, I guess. They certainly talk a lot about the main principles that lay behind Torment's greatness, which is good to see and would be encouraging any other time. But when they name it Torment's spiritual successor, then I expect something that lives up to that classic, and the only thing that would have made me hopeful it could would be Avallone being the lead writer/creative director/whatever.

Had it not had the Torment name, my reaction would be 'this sounds really good'. But it does, so I keep comparing it to Planescape: Torment, so my reactions are 'this won't be anything close to PS:T'

Tizoc

I hope the sequel is still releasing this year. December, which is practically the end of the year as far game releases are concerned, is less than three months away now and Focus has still yet to announce a firm date.
As much as id like for them to take their time polishing it i really want to play ot already

I liked it quite a bit (I also liked the base game quite a bit as well).

Just be prepared for some harder puzzles. None of them felt "too hard", but there are some that are definitely more out-of-the-box than the base game.
Sounds excellent, I loved the base game. Will probably get that plus dead rising.

derExperte

I don't know, I supposed it was a multiplayer free week-end like COD ones.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/243580289139550484

From 10 AM PT (6PM BST, 7PM CEST) Thursday 08th September until 1PM PT (9PM BST, 10PM CEST) Sunday 11th September, players will be able to download and jump into both the Single Player and Resistance Mode sections including the 2 brand new missions, Boom Patrol and Indy Forever.

Nzyme32

Styx is one of those games that I know I will get since it is exactly the kind of game I will enjoy. However, with the backlog at the moment and games I am currently playing, I can't justify it yet..

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I really find it difficult to browse the Humble Store. I can never quite tell if I'm missing anything, the order seems to be pretty random, I can never actually figure out what I want to buy. I don't know if I have brain damage, but I feel like a simple A-Z list and being able to toggle DLC on or off would be a lot more useful. I browse through the entire Steam catalogue every few years and have no trouble but I literally can't tell if there's anything I want on the Namco/Bethesda sales on Humble.

Kero Blaster is 40% off at Humble Store. And also Downfall is 50% off, which I believe is a historical low. Tempted by Oxenfree as well.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I have 10% off from Humble Monthly and 2.99 in my Humble Wallet and I still can't pull the trigger on 6 dollar Oxenfree because what if it's in a bundle.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I saw that The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries is on sale at Humble Store at 75% off for 3.74€ and comes with a steam key and/or telltale key.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-walking-dead-michonne-a-telltale-miniseries

Didn't Humble stop to sell steam keys of Telltale games long time ago?

Humble has been the only place outside of Steam selling Steam keys for Telltale games for a while now. Not sure how they pulled it off, but I suspect there is some verbiage in their existing contract.

Also that's a great price. The "miniseries" is short, but it still took me about 4 hours to complete and is well worth it if you're a fan of the genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom