• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.3gb seems like a lot to add rumble.

180px-Mtmte1_rumble_robotmode.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm surprised that they delayed quite as much. The demo was fairly robust and I thought they had grey boxed a lot of the game. But this is a fairly typical time overrun for a KS project. I suspect Wii U and Vita backers should start asking for refunds or get used to the fact that they will not be playing the game on Wii U or Vita.

Feels good, not constantly succumbing to all the deals out th--
I saw that The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries is on sale at Humble Store at 75% off for 3.74€ and comes with a steam key and/or telltale key.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-walking-dead-michonne-a-telltale-miniseries

Didn't Humble stop to sell steam keys of new Telltale games long time ago?

Humble has been the only place outside of Steam selling Steam keys for Telltale games for a while now. Not sure how they pulled it off, but I suspect there is some verbiage in their existing contract.

Also that's a great price. The "miniseries" is short, but it still took me about 4 hours to complete and is well worth it if you're a fan of the genre.
Sold.

Humble continually has the best deals on Telltale games. I'm now on a Batman vigil.

And what stump was saying about the storefront being bad/confusing also applies to the key/library/purchases tab.

Search library for Michonne: NO RESULTS
Search keys for Michonne: NO RESULTS
Check purchases for Michonne: NO RESULTS

Turns out you click "Download game" after going through payment, then you're in the normal redeem on Steam section. So weird. Much obtuse.

zkylon

zkylewd
princess remedy looks interesting, kind of reminds me of undertale in some way

sorry i haven't been around lately, i feel like i'm busy af lately

i miss steamgaf

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not sure if I'm just totally oblivious or if it just changed.

When did the Steam logo change on the store page header?

rdQrr2o.png

No one seems to care (shame on all of you), but Arc System Works INFERNO CLIMBER is officially released now (out of Early Access).

It's suppose to have some launch discount, that hasn't kicked in yet.

Should be a serious Steam GAF GOTY candidate, if anyone knew about it. Who need Bloodborne anyway?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Well maintenance usually happens on Thursdays so I thought that might be the case. They've also been using the old logo for like... as long as I've been on Steam... so I thought maybe it changed weeks ago and I just now noticed it.

Glad to know I'm not going totally insane.

EDIT: Welp, guess I'll download Homefront and check it out - the price is right

Corpekata

Banned
No one seems to care (shame on all of you), but Arc System Works INFERNO CLIMBER is officially released now (out of Early Access).

Should be a serious Steam GAF GOTY candidate, if anyone knew about it. Who need Bloodborne anyway?

I made a thread but posted it in OT.

D'oh.

But yeah, it's pretty good. I think you were the poster who posted about it reminding me it existed so thanks, it's been a nice surprise and deserves more attention.

yo i played an hour and a half of homefront, this game is pure shit, and i went in expecting fucking nothing after how bad it reviewed. AI is pretty dumb at times, they'll just stand there... waiting to get killed... uninstalling now, have no intention of playing anymore of it

Messiah

I made a thread but posted it in OT.

D'oh.

But yeah, it's pretty good. I think you were the poster who posted about it reminding me it existed so thanks, it's been a nice surprise and deserves more attention.
Curious about the game after its reception from both of you. Didn't look so hot when they first announced it but I am glad it apparently turned out to be a fun game.

Corpekata

Banned
Curious about the game after its reception from both of you. Didn't look so hot when they first announced it but I am glad it apparently turned out to be a fun game.

Some of my impressions here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1276072

Don't get me wrong, it's not like 10/10 type game. It has some glaring issues like it being too inventory management heavy. But it is definetly worth a look, and deserves more interest than it is getting. Like 80 percent of the forum is Japanese posters so it seems like it's doing slightly better there, at least.

I think the game will attain a cult following eventually.

The new GeForce Experience has instant replay on by default. At first I thought there was something wrong with Dawn of War 2 since the performance was terrible, I disabled recording and then everything runs fine.

To the wishlist!

Kudo

Just about to go return my new Logitech MX Master, should have listened people online, it's really not suitable for gaming. 40 days of battery life is dream within a dream in active use.
Overall ergonomics were nice albeit the mouse is too heavy for serious gaming.

Sticking with wired now, anyone here have the new G403 Prodigy mouse yet? Is the middle wheel clicky or mushy like Steelseries mouses? I really like the feel of Steelseries wheels, I'd probably go with Rival 300 if everywhere I read weren't reporting issues with it.

jshackles

yo i played an hour and a half of homefront, this game is pure shit, and i went in expecting fucking nothing after how bad it reviewed. AI is pretty dumb at times, they'll just stand there... waiting to get killed... uninstalling now, have no intention of playing anymore of it

Eh it's not too bad really. I'm not sure if you made it to second ("yellow") zone but once you do it kicks up the stealth / enemy AI quite a bit. Recruiting other revolutionaries also seems to do pretty well as their "take the base" AI feels pretty on-point.

The game seems to have it's fair share of Ubi-like collectibles which is pretty cool. The upgrades are alright and worthwhile too. I played for 2 hours and got 12% of the achievements though I'm not sure how much of the story mode I finished. HowLongToBeat says 12 hours and that seems about right. It's also a pretty game, and runs around 48fps on my R9 390X 8GB card at 1440p.

I think I can finish it before Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom