• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Inferno Climber a rogue like, or a real game?

:3

Some of my impressions here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1276072

Don't get me wrong, it's not like 10/10 type game. It has some glaring issues like it being too inventory management heavy. But it is definetly worth a look, and deserves more interest than it is getting. Like 80 percent of the forum is Japanese posters so it seems like it's doing slightly better there, at least.

I think the game will attain a cult following eventually.
The inventory management is not that bad honestly. Only for the first few hours it might seem like it is, but that's the case with most games that has a limited inventory. But you'll eventually learn how to handle it, and it really hasn't been anything I've been thinking about after the initial first hours. And it will only become less of burden over time, as you progress through the game.

kagamin

I wish there was a per lobby setting to disable auto aim and bullet magnetism in Halo 5 Forge, I tried playing on a controller and boy is it easy to nail headshots, on the other hand M+K doesn't really have any advantage because of it, maybe I should just make a M+K only lobby...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is the 16.9 AMD driver just a patch for 16.7 or can it be downloaded as its own installation?

The former. If it were a hotfix for an existing driver, it'd be labelled as such, though you can check the file size to be sure -- a 211MB file is obviously going to be cumulative.

Knurek

Steins;Gate going up in the bestsellers list.
Will it top Boredomlands 2 and Armored Car Football?

Also, apparently, there are some translation issues:
Cr5DZbwUsAAXzr6.jpg:large

And apparently, it's not 1080p, just an upscale from original, 720p assets?

Top: Steins;Gate logo in the "1080p" prologue video
Bottom: High-res logo scaled down to same size

Kudo

Steins;Gate going up in the bestsellers list.
Will it top Boredomlands 2 and Armored Car Football?

Also, apparently, there are some translation issues:

And apparently, it's not 1080p, just an upscale from original, 720p assets?

Top: Steins;Gate logo in the "1080p" prologue video
Bottom: High-res logo scaled down to same size

I don't think there is that many native 1080p visual novels, even on PC.
Also I'm missing the translation issue, seems same as Vita? There's the arrow missing from "Preview" but seems like an bug rather than translation issue, or do both Vita&Steam version have the issue and JAST version is how it should be?

venomenon

Also I'm missing the translation issue, seems same as Vita? There's the arrow missing from "Preview" but seems like an bug rather than translation issue, or do both Vita&Steam version have the issue and JAST version is how it should be?
It's "Settings" instead of "Set".

Steins;Gate forced me to do a hard reset after I exited :-/
Will probably play in windowed mode from now on.

Monooboe

The idle-skip clitch seem to work in steam general, I tried to play a game and I closed it shortly after and got a card, and I only have 70mins played on it.o_O

So I went and bought Kero Blaster, Oxenfree, TWD Michonne and Downfall from the Humble sale. Now watch them being in the next Weekly or Monthly bundle for sure.

Ludens

Banned
So I went and bought Kero Blaster, Oxenfree, TWD Michonne and Downfall from the Humble sale. Now watch them being in the next Weekly or Monthly bundle for sure.

Regardinh Humble Store I have a problem: I have a 10% off, when I try to apply it and checkout, I receive an error. I can't simply use the voucher, without it the purchase goes on, since I bought Michonne.

Wok

Regardinh Humble Store I have a problem: I have a 10% off, when I try to apply it and checkout, I receive an error. I can't simply use the voucher, without it the purchase goes on, since I bought Michonne.

Can you take a screenshot of your voucher?

Mine is automatically applied:

tsBFwHj.png

There is also the wallet thingy:

QVIz2hF.png

kagamin

I'd never really played Insurgency ever until today, its pretty fun but it runs so bad, I'm getting jumps from like 75-150, I have everything set to low since its a source game and I have to maximize FPS.

Ludens

Banned
Can you take a screenshot of your voucher?

Mine is automatically applied:

tsBFwHj.png

There is also the wallet thingy:

QVIz2hF.png

For me it isn't, I need to maually select it under discount section. When I hit "Pay with Paypal" I receive the error. But I'm not a Monthly subscriber, so I don't know if the 10% off I have is the same one you have.

Deques

For me it isn't, I need to maually select it under discount section. When I hit "Pay with Paypal" I receive the error. But I'm not a Monthly subscriber, so I don't know if the 10% off I have is the same one you have.

If you are not a Monthly subscriber then you don't have the discount code, where does this 10% discount code come from?

derFeef

If you take cloud saves for granted...
Damn, now I ned to restart Stasis from scratch. GOG galaxy does not provide cloud saves, or does it?

Ludens

Banned
If you are not a Monthly subscriber then you don't have the discount code, where does this 10% discount code come from?

I don't know? I just have that. Maybe a bundle or whatever, dunno. But for sure I'm not a Monthlu subscriber, I only got the Soma month and canceled my sub right after.

Deques

I don't know? I just have that. Maybe a bundle or whatever, dunno. But for sure I'm not a Monthlu subscriber, I only got the Soma month and canceled my sub right after.

Maybe it's bugged then

From Humble's support pages:
Please note that the 10% discount is only available to active Humble Monthly subscribers, and expires when a user unsubscribes.

I assume there is a bug where the discount is showed to you. When you try to use the discount then of course you wont get the discount code since you are not an active subscriber.

There was no bundle that also gives 10% discount in the Store

derExperte

Just about to go return my new Logitech MX Master, should have listened people online, it's really not suitable for gaming. 40 days of battery life is dream within a dream in active use.
Overall ergonomics were nice albeit the mouse is too heavy for serious gaming.

Sticking with wired now, anyone here have the new G403 Prodigy mouse yet? Is the middle wheel clicky or mushy like Steelseries mouses? I really like the feel of Steelseries wheels, I'd probably go with Rival 300 if everywhere I read weren't reporting issues with it.

Heh, didn't want to diss your new purchase when you mentioned getting a MX the other day but yeah, not a good gamer mouse at all. Laser sensor, heavy and wireless that's not tuned for gaming. Depending on how much you're willing to spend there's the G900 and the G403 will have a wireless version too for slightly over 100€$ but they're not out yet as far as I can tell. About the wheelclick, the G Pro seems to use the same wheel, check some videos/reviews like this one (great channel btw), sounds good and he'd complain if it were too mushy.

Just checked the gaming side and it seems everyone and their mom now wants a 4K TV for PS4 Pro, but dont actually read about it.

People wonder why HDR tvs have a higher input lag, People are talking about "true" and "false" 4k and it seems generally they dont actually research much.

Arthea

Steins Gate is no2 on the bestseller list here, nice! (RL is first oddly)

I also hope it is a last game I bought until the winter seal.

edited: btw, anybody making steam OT for it?

venomenon

I didn't know topsellers are region-specific. That explains the mysterious "Global Topsellers" button, though.

Steins;Gate is #13 here. Way to go.

Arthea

Isnt the port actually worse than the JastUSA port? I will buy it later, but I dont know...

You have the superior version available outside of Steam it seems.

nah, you don't have:
cheevos, cloud support, cards, higher res

there is nothing outside steam that's better than this port, unless it's unplayable, that is.

nah, you don't have:
cheevos, cloud support, cards, higher res

there is nothing outside steam that's better than this port, unless it's unplayable, that is.

It seems the word wrapping in the Steam version is fucked up and the image and video quality is worse than the JastUSA version, because its upscaled from 720p.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
IndieGala Friday Special #38

Pay only $1 and Get these 3 Steam Games

Hooligan Vasja (STEAM) +
Ranger of the jungle (STEAM) +
[the Sequence] (STEAM) +

Pay only $2.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24 Hours) and get the entire Bundle of 10 Steam Games + 2 DLCs

Acorn Assault: Rodent Revolution (STEAM)
Citadel (STEAM)
Happy Empire (STEAM)
Blue Sheep (STEAM)
Lethal Brutal Racing (STEAM) +
The First Spark (STEAM) +
Day D: Tower Rush (STEAM) +
Day D - Ice Age - DLC (STEAM) +
Day D - Time Mayhem - DLC (STEAM) +

https://www.indiegala.com/friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom