• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Boot Homefront The Revolution
-The game forces me to find radio, stop generators and saving random people in order to fill a 100% bar and progress.
-I do it for a while dying like a dog because stealth sucks and it's impossible being undetected even on easy.
-The bar stops filling on 91% no matter what.
-boot Homefront the Revolution
-unskippable intro cutscene
-uninstall game lol

Ludens

Banned
-boot Homefront the Revolution
-unskippable intro cutscene
-uninstall game lol

Uninstalled that piece of garbage. Wasted almost 20 hours downloading it. Don't do my mistake, there's a reason they give a free week-end for a single-player game.
A friend of mine is trying to play it, the game costantly crashes for him and he is forced to see the same unskippable cutscene each time.

Also do you know what is funny?
This is free for the week-end, right? But the hours you played remain on your account. So in the future, if you will buy the game to see if devs patched it or not, no matter what, if you played two hours, you are out. No refunds.

SSPssp

Uninstalled that piece of garbage. Wasted almost 20 hours downloading it. Don't do my mistake, there's a reason they give a free week-end for a single-player game.
A friend of mine is trying to play it, the game costantly crashes for him and he is forced to see the same unskippable cutscene each time.

This is free for the week-end, right? But the hours you played remain on your account. So in the future, if you will buy the game to see if devs patched it or not, no matter what, if you played two hours, you are out. No refunds.

Dang, that's terrible about the hours played. Guess I'll only buy in bundle or firesale on Amazon or something. I'm not having any problems on my 750 ti actually, but of course my settings are lower.

The game itself is really boring because the story and characters are garbage.

Ludens

Banned
Dang, that's terrible about the hours played. Guess I'll only buy in bundle or firesale on Amazon or something. I'm not having any problems on my 750 ti actually, but of course my settings are lower.

The game itself is really boring because the story and characters are garbage.

The game runs fine here, it looked very good in the intro, a bit less in the city hub right after. The problem is the gameplay, boring like hell and bugged even more.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

Well thanks for saving the me time then. I was planning to do some fascism this weekend, but I guess I will just focus on Tropico 4 then.

JarrodL

Saw some steam reviews for Mankind Divided claim the game cannot be played offline, is it true?

If so, away to the "buy a year later at a huge discount" discard pile it goes, DRM like that for a single-player game is a shitty practice that can go die painfully in a fire as far as I'm concerned.

rtcn63

Saw some steam reviews for Mankind Divided claim the game cannot be played offline, is it true?

If so, away to the "buy a year later at a huge discount" discard pile it goes, DRM like that for a single-player game is a shitty practice that can go die painfully in a fire as far as I'm concerned.

I played it offline for a day because my internet went down. (I had Steam restart in offline mode)

SSPssp

The game runs fine here, it looked very good in the intro, a bit less in the city hub right after. The problem is the gameplay, boring like hell and bugged even more.

I didn't even really get into the gameplay yet with all the cutscene interruptions. The tutorial mission was so stupid too so I just called it a night there. I'm still going to play a little bit more to give it a chance but I'm not hopeful.

Mivey

But here it's justified: You can't get micro transactions while offline. I mean, at that point you are just playing a totally different game. I respect Square Enix' creative vision.

Tizoc

I played it offline for a day because my internet went down. (I had Steam restart in offline mode)

Oh that's odd I tried to run it now myself and it didn't play.
I guess u need to restart in offline mode as you said before playing.

Xanathus

Speaking of Denuvo, it looks like it's basically been cracked but the group CPY is just pacing their releases. Doom just got released by them. I wonder if my theory that crack groups are in cahoots with Denuvo to only release after their 2 week guarantee is over has any water.

Ascheroth

Last week I was interviewed about the process of porting JRPGs to Steam, how we acquire games to port and quite a bit more, and I thought it might be of interest to some of you.

The interview itself went up on Youtube earlier this week and you can check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vNh9rCJ7Zw

Very interesting watch/listen, thanks! Also includes Trails praise, which is always good :p

The whole japanese-voices licensing really seems like a pain in the ass.

derExperte

http://store.steampowered.com/app/525450/

header.jpg

Purkake4

Banned
So Toxikk is pretty cool, but the multiplayer seems to not work in the free version at the moment (I crash to desktop). Bot matches show promise though...

Anyone going to make an OT?

yuraya

I guess it's a good time to post this...

9 reasons why PC gaming is a better value than consoles (PC World)

(I'm in the "people should buy and enjoy whatever they want" camp.)

Only 9 reasons? I think if a journalist tried hard enough they could probably come up with like 100+ reasons for their article.

Its a great time to be a PC gamer. A 200$ gpu like RX 480 stomps the PS4Pro in all sort of ways. The 1080 TI that comes out next year will be doing circles around the Scorpio and most likely it will be around the same price if not cheaper. The prices are just too in favor of PC gaming at the moment.

derExperte

Only 9 reasons? I think if a journalist tried hard enough they could probably come up with like 100+ reasons for their article.

Its a great time to be a PC gamer. A 200$ gpu like RX 480 stomps the PS4Pro in all sort of ways. The 1080 TI that comes out next year will be doing circles around the Scorpio and most likely it will be around the same price if not cheaper. The prices are just too in favor of PC gaming at the moment.

But checkerboard reconstruction?

Tellaerin

Saw this thread mentioned in a not so good light over in gaming. People catching feelings. 😔

At the very least, you could link us to the thread in question so that we can see how we're being badmouthed. Not that anybody should be badmouthing us in the first place. : (

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
The whole japanese-voices licensing really seems like a pain in the ass.

Rights situations can be interesting. It's not usually an area I'm involved with though.

So it seems Ghostlight reached Atlus before for PC ports... :")
I guess it's pretty safe to see Atlus ain't coming to PC ever

To be honest my answer there was more what I'd personally like us to pick up. So I'm not really sure what the situation is there exactly.

Jawmuncher

I like when I get lumped into a "fanbase" despite owning every console of this gen, and playing on everything.

Everything has an advantage or disadvantage over the other. Though something will always have more advantages than others. Nothing is ever going to be 100% equal.

I think the PS4 pro isn't that worthy of an upgrade, it's also one hell of an ugly design.
The scorpio seems interesting, but with MS push on PC it's not really needed if you have a decent PC.
WiiU didn't have much to play on it for my tastes, and nintendo want's to take their sweet time showing what the NX is.
I'm more than a bit annoyed with Steam having such a monopoly and still taking ages on fixing basic stuff.

Despite all that i'll play games where ever I want. But I call shit out on every single one of them.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I guess it's a good time to post this...

9 reasons why PC gaming is a better value than consoles (PC World)

(I'm in the "people should buy and enjoy whatever they want" camp.)

PC gaming is getting cheaper and more accessible ($200 graphics cards available now are almost as powerful as next year's Xbox console) while console gaming is getting more expensive and less "stable" (mid-generation console iterations, multiplayer subscription services, etc). It makes sense that at some point, probably soon, we'll reach the tipping point - as the article mentions, gaming on PCs has become a lot easier in recent years and provides a much better upgrade path.

I'm still rocking the same AMD CPU I bought in 2011 (FX-8150) which is a 3.6 GHz 8-core that probably still has a few years of life left in it and it was $179. Keep in mind that it's been in use since before the original Binding of Isaac was released, and has yet to be a major performance bottleneck for gaming. The same is true of my 32GB of DDR3-1866 RAM I purchased back when I put this box together.
(Thankfully, all this stuff still works after my recent fire)

There are extra "addon purchases" you can make with PC gaming, but the same can be said of console gaming as well. I bought a nice 27-inch 1440p monitor a while back for $279. I didn't really need it, but 1440p is nice, especially for the games that support it. With the PS4Pro / Scorpio announcements, people are rushing out like mad to spend thousands of dollars on 4K / HDR TVs - same thing. I also bought a Steam Controller (with card monies) and earlier this year I upgraded my Radeon HD7850 from 2012 with a Radeon R390X, meaning I got about 4 years out of my old card and I feel I got a good value from it. Meanwhile, I bought a PS4 almost 2 years ago, and I'm already faced with the choice on whether or not to completely scrap it in favor of an upgraded model.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also firmly in the "buy and enjoy whatever you'd like" camp - I own a gaming PC, Xbox One, PS4, Vita, 3DS, etc (back to the Atari 2600) - but I would say that PC gaming easily offers one of the best value propositions for entertainment I've ever taken part in.

yuraya

But checkerboard reconstruction?

Its all a trap. Don't fall for the marketing buzzwords. All these companies want is for you to buy a 1500$ 4K HDR TV so that you can see some extra bright lighting on your 4K (1440p checkerboarded) textures in games.

Sony sells these tv sets too. Coincidence? I think not.

GMG emailed out a voucher code for 22% off Civilization VI, Mafia III, and NBA 2K17...expires on the 12th

I don't know if the codes are account bound so I won't post it here...just check your email and see if you got one

Ascheroth

Right's situations can be interesting. It's not usually an area I'm involved with though.

To be honest my answer there was more what I'd personally like us to pick up. So I'm not really sure what the situation is there exactly.

Yeah, it seems like a really complex/convoluted area. I always find it weird when a japanese game gets ported to Steam and is available everywhere - except Japan. Hearing that this might partly be because the voices weren't licensed for PC in Japan is.... weird. (I'm sure there are other reasons as well).

The Atlus PC situation is so strange. I cannot think of a single reason from a business perspective where it woulnd't make sense for some of their games to get ported to PC. It's amusing when I think back to when people thought there would be a possibility for this after they got acquired by Sega and nothing changed. Should have probably been obvious though when you think about it. I mean, it's Sega Europe who does all the PC stuff and you know how it is with Atlus and Europe.

Vic_Viper

Since Steam is having a Focus Interactive sale going on atm I figured now is a good time to remind people to play Styx: Master of Shadows! At 75% off ($7.49) this game is a must buy! One of the best stealth action games to come out in awhile, this game is great for fans of Metal Gear, Theif, Dishonored, or even Deus Ex. Alot of the devs are ex Assassins Creed guys and it really shows with the traversal mechanics. Seriously worth checking out if you are in the mood for a stealth game. Only disclaimer I have is that this isnt a game where you can just kill everyone once your spotted. Its pretty much all stealth kills only. You can take on 1 maybe 2 guys if spotted but its really not that type of game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242640/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom