• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

bio 2 with physics fix would be nice, since I still haven't played it (started a few times but didn't get very far).

Gonna finish infinite first though

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Where was that Michonne deal again? And did I miss it?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
5a1bdpf.png

11/10 GOAT

TWD: Michonne is weird, having barely watched the show and being completely ignorant to the comic. Keep expecting a Telltale TWD tie-in somewhere, or some kind of connective tissue between the two, but there's nothing. Though, it's a bit more cerebral in a way that's neat so far. The biggest hangup is the usual Telltale engine jank and ugly HD art--it seriously looks like a remastered version of the first TWD.

Speaking of the visuals, I don't think Telltale's probably-trademarked "artstyle" is doing much for them anymore. Like, they've been using variations on it since TWD and it's only gotten kludgier as time's gone on. It's not really detailed enough to evoke realism, nor stylised enough to give it a cohesive, appealing look; it's just kinda... there. Like the engine. Still.
Divinity OS is worth it at its original price

You betcha.

DOS2watch:
One week to DOS2fall. Going by some of the backer updates and gameplay tidbits, I think the writing is going to be a real treat this time 'round.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Another new version of ESO. Did they ever add any new class in any of the dlcs?

Bluth54

So my understanding is that Divinity OS is the easier one to get into but both that and Pillars are incredible in their own right. However, from my experience I started with Pillars, and I absolutely adore that game.

Gameplay wise Divinity is a little easier but it has a much, much harder difficulty curve in the early game. If you don't follow the exact right path after the first big town you will get destroyed by enemies while the difficulty curve in Pillars is much more normal.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turnover -- MB-30EE1089211FB514 - Taken by dimmer. 20 entrants total.

t1473519973z1.png

Karak

Thx for the recommendations. Everspace looks like a mix of Ancient Space and Elite Dangerous (visually). Might be the game that I buy while waiting for Star Citizen to complete.

I posted an impressions. Game is coming along very nicely. Less intricate than many but i love the roguelike elements.

shockdude

Today I learned that you can blow up earbuds (IEMs) with compressed air. Bleh.

I'm honestly ok with that since the left earbud's treble wasn't as loud as the right's. I figured it was because the earbud's air vents were dirty, which is why I tried the compressed air.
The Soundmagic E10S had a good run, time to try the Soundmagic E50S once it comes.

bbd23

am i dumb? I get constant screen tearing when hooking my PC up to my TV. is there any way to get rid of it? when using both it only tears on the TV and im not sure what to do. is there a setting I should be looking out for?

Homefront isn't terrible. Didn't realise it was a much more open world than the first one's forgettable suburban shoot/bang.

Read through the PS4 mod thread, I know I'm a known hooligan.

dex3108

I need to sell some old PC parts but I am really scared of doing that. I always have feeling that they will stop working as soon as sell them :/ does any of you feel the same SteamGAF?

Momentary

Banned
I'm in dire need of a computer desk. I'm so torn. I've been eyeballing this one:

I'm looking for something that compliments my office/game room. I have wine barrel furniture in there. So I'm looking for something that gives an industrial/rustic/modern vibe. I don't want to make a thread for this because it seems menial and ones like it deal with ikea and/or have pricks who are condescending because a desk costs over a 100 bucks.

I need to sell some old PC parts but I am really scared of doing that. I always have feeling that they will stop working as soon as sell them :/ does any of you feel the same SteamGAF?
If your parts are no longer covered by warranty, tell them up front so they know what they'll be getting into. Let the customers decide.

dex3108

If your parts are no longer covered by warranty, tell them up front so they know what they'll be getting into. Let the customers decide.

I tell everything to "customers" (they are usually my friends). How old are the components, if I overclock them, what they are used for etc.

Monooboe

Surprise RPG release! Reviews seem positive as well.

I'm playing it right now and I'm really liking it. Sure a bunch of things seem budget and shallow but I think it looks good so that makes up for it. The combat is little weird at first but it's growing on me. The story thus far has been meh but I just came out of the tutorial area so I'm hoping for interesting sidequests..

jonno394

Thinking of buying Recore next week, but when I go to Windows store it's not there for me, apparently because i'm not on the anniversary update yet. I've heard horror stories about issues with this, am I safe to install it yet, or will I have to be recore-less for a while?

I've already got Divinity: Original Sin but I was wondering, if I bought the collector's edition from Steam, would two copies of the game show up in my inventory?

Xanathus

I'm in dire need of a computer desk. I'm so torn. I've been eyeballing this one:

I'm looking for something that compliments my office/game room. I have wine barrel furniture in there. So I'm looking for something that gives an industrial/rustic/modern vibe. I don't want to make a thread for this because it seems menial and ones like it deal with ikea and/or have pricks who are condescending because a desk costs over a 100 bucks.

Only advice I can give is to make sure you get a desk that is large/long enough to hold multiple monitors. One of my regrets right now is that my desk doesn't have enough space for a dual monitor setup because I'm using the desk for a separate work laptop together with my gaming PC.

shockdude

am i dumb? I get constant screen tearing when hooking my PC up to my TV. is there any way to get rid of it? when using both it only tears on the TV and im not sure what to do. is there a setting I should be looking out for?
Are you duplicating the screen? If so, try doing extended desktop instead, or even TV-only.
Otherwise I dunno, what are your specs?

Been playing The Witcher III: Blood & Wine for about 15h now, and still not decided if it's actually that good, or if it just contains so much that you don't have time to stop and think about it. To say that the expansion is packed with stuff to do is an understatement.

The map is awesome though. Love how it feels like a bit like the map in Oblivion, with lot's of open spaces, height differences and large landmarks. That helps both navigation and exploration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom