• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp1990

Banned
Can you really have GIFs that go to that extent?
I feel I covered myself pretty well with the added bit. The GIFs to me should make someone go "Hmmm, maybe i'll check a gameplay video". Thus why they all focus on the executions or payoffs for learning the gameplay.

For bigger games like RE6 or most P* games? Nah, I don't think GIFs can do them justice. That's why I laugh my ass off when people use that gif of Drake rubbing his chin to recommend Uncharted 4, but also why I usually don't use GIFs to recommend games to people. But I guess you have a point, those gifs do indeed spark some interest. It just bothers me when people post a wall of them like they were enough to convince anyone of trying a game.

Jawmuncher

For bigger games like RE6 or most P* games? Nah, I don't think GIFs can do them justice. That's why I laugh my ass off when people use that gif of Drake rubbing his chin to recommend Uncharted 4, but also why I usually don't use GIFs to recommend games to people. But I guess you have a point, those gifs do indeed spark some interest. It just bothers me when people post a wall of them like they were enough to convince anyone of trying a game.

Yeah, can't think of any GIFs that would make anyone go "i'm buying this, nothing else is needed".

gelf

Can you really have GIFs that go to that extent?
I feel I covered myself pretty well with the added bit. The GIFs to me should make someone go "Hmmm, maybe i'll check a gameplay video". Thus why they all focus on the executions or payoffs for learning the gameplay.

I think you can. To use a game I'm more familiar with as an example, This gif:

godhand_azel_04.gif

tells you a lot more then this:

QS58D.gif

So many games have these flashy moves now that seeing a gif of those alone mostly fails to bring any reaction from me.

yuraya

Instead of playing crappy modern day RE games..everyone should just go and play this masterpiece.

Z0057698.jpg

True instant classic. Shame it never came out on Steam.

Jawmuncher

I think you can. To use a game I'm more familiar with as an example, This gif:

godhand_azel_04.gif

tells you a lot more then this:

QS58D.gif

So many games have these flashy moves now that seeing a gif of those alone mostly fails to bring any reaction from me.

I suppose. Guess it would more depend on the individual and what they want to see.

Instead of playing crappy modern day RE games..everyone should just go and play this masterpiece.

Z0057698.jpg

True instant classic. Shame it never came out on Steam.

*True Classic*
-Has aged the worst out of any mainline RE game.

I recently beat CVX again on Xbox and while the game isn't bad, it's age shows more than the PS1 titles. Not to mention the 3D models are getting bad. Not even 1080p, AA, and more is going to save it. Also the item placement in this can be rather unfair for first time players. Along with some BS deaths like the Tyrant on the plane or the jolly green giant killing you in two swipes you can't avoid unless you absolutely perfect it.
Really all i'm saying is that CVX after RE2make and RE3make should be the next in line. Some fine tuning to the game and a new coat of paint would do wonders for it. I personally think that's why it hasn't hit steam yet along with the older ports for RE1-3. Capcom wants newer versions of the old games that will be able to handle future porting and all that.

Jawmuncher

To be honest I'd rather have an Outbreak remaster before a CV one.

It's definitely one of the reasons why I love it.

I feel like Outbreak wouldn't really need a remaster. That game would benefit to me with just a HD port. Since everything else holds pretty well. RECVX being a DC game shows, and at this point I feel like the entire game needs to be reamstered, rather than just ported.

kagamin

If only people took Insurgency as seriously as me and ran straight up to the enemy cache while cooking an incendiary grenade.

infinite more people would care about and buy Ninja Gaiden Black on Steam

NGB and NG2 really should be on Steam though. I mean.... Ninja Gaiden Yaiba Shit is on Steam.

I'd care more if Tecmo Koei put more effort into porting stuff.

Anno

Man Dishonored is so good. I didn't finish the game back when it came out, and now four years later have managed to forget most of the levels so I'm having an even better time relearning them. Game still looks really nice too down sampled from 4k and with some SweetFX.

jdw_b

I have no problem believing you. Been looking to buy it myself. Several FHI titles are actually on my wish list.

I bought 2015 as it was significantly cheaper than the latest version. I cant imagine there's much difference between each iteration. Gonna build up that pro career I wish I had

Man Dishonored is so good. I didn't finish the game back when it came out, and now four years later have managed to forget most of the levels so I'm having an even better time relearning them. Game still looks really nice too down sampled from 4k and with some SweetFX.

Just started playing this, enjoying it so far. Though it seems like one of those games where I'm overwhelmed at first by the amount of gameplay options available..I tend to enjoy stealth games more the second time round

Nillansan

lol Capcom have the best action game series right now and not one of the games has ever been on Steam. They don't give a fuck bro.

I think that's an enormous discredit to Capcom's recent efforts on PC. Porting their back catalog to PC seems like a major part of their business strategy.

Wok

(Note: since a few people have been confused by this, there isn’t, at the time of this writing, an actual “storefront” site for the Humble Indie Store; the widget shown above is the only place you can use to buy it from from the HIS.)

Humble Indie Store.

I did not remember that name.

I call it Humble Store nowadays.

kagamin

I still think I'm more interested in what Sega has to offer than what Capcom might release anyways, mostly because they already teased that they're bringing more IPs to PC.

~Kinggi~

Banned
My goodness Titan Quest is bloated. I am still in Act 3 and I am skipping all dialog.

How is the anniversary edition fairing? I own it free cause of the upgrade, i remember it being a great diablo clones.

Also stopping in for the PSA that Talos Principle is on sale, its one of the best games ever made so you all should buy it. They better make a #2

I've been playing a bit of Xcom 1 while looking at Xcom 2. Does Xcom 2 do enough over Xcom 1 to make it worth a £18 buy?

I'm also looking at Dragon's Dogma (on a friend's suggestion)...

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Posted this on the October releases topic, thought I should post it here too (now with added Steam pages for all but one, but all of them are releasing on Steam).

Like what? I'm very interested in PC horror games.

Glad you asked!

Narcosis trailer

Releasing late September/early October. Underwater survival with strong horror tones as you try to survive.
STEAM PAGE

Stay Close trailer

Releasing late September/early October. 2-player co-op online experimental first-person horror game where the point is you both start off in your home as husband and wife, when a nightmare begins to occur. you now have the option to do what you want and work together to survive... Or die. Rogue-like horror game where the goal is to escape the city in an open-world town that starts in your home, with apparently a lot of different pathways and endings.
STEAM PAGE

Through the Woods trailer

Releasing in October. Third-Person horror game featuring a woman who must make it through the woods.
STEAM PAGE

Syndrome trailer

Releasing at the end of September/early October. Heard really good things about this from people who played it at Gamescom or were in the Beta.
STEAM PAGE

Friday the 13th: The Game trailer

Supposed to come October and they haven't changed that estimation, but this game is supposed to come out next month.
STEAM PAGE

Camp Sunshine trailer

Releasing around Halloween. 16-bit horror game where you play as a person staying at a camp when a slasher killer shows up. Work with or against your cabin mates to survive the night, solve the mystery, or try to get the fuck out of there. Inspired heavily by 80s horror.
STEAM PAGE

Yomawari: Night Alone trailer

Releasing on October 25th, a pixelated horror that was original on Vita and recieiving and expansion and art update to launch on PC.
STEAM PAGE

STOWAWAY trailer

Releasing in October. Interesting styled horror game set in Space where you end up one of the last survivors in a tragic accident from something that's come aboard the ship...
STEAM GREENLIGHT PAGE

Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location trailer

Releasing early October. Despite not being big on the franchise as a whole, this one does interest me. Seems to be the most polished of the game and with an interesting thematic.
STEAM PAGE

---

There's others, and of course more that'll announce they're releasing in October as we get closer to October.

derExperte

While the rest of GAF is in a state of accelerating decay I just want to say that this thread is in a much better place right now than a few months ago, reduced anime fuckery, the birthday spam has gotten noticeably less, lots of talk about games and news. The rabid RE6 fanboys are still the worst tho and we need a new lashbot, too many interesting announcements slipping through.

Also I just realized that we're approaching the halfway point between summer and winter sale. Not long now.

Jawmuncher

While the rest of GAF is in a state of accelerating decay I just want to say that this thread is in a much better place right now than a few months ago, reduced anime fuckery, the birthday spam has gotten noticeably less, lots of talk about games and news. The rabid RE6 fanboys are still the worst tho and we need a new lashbot, too many interesting announcements slipping through.

Also I just realized that we're approaching the halfway point between summer and winter sale. Not long now.

I don't apologize for my ways.

I tend to disagree about the entire thread being better. I agree with most of what you said about less shit posting, especially anime shitposting, and what not but, the thread doesn't really have it's own flavor anymore. That's me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom