• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

When you solo the last objective in co-op because everyone else is dead:
tumblr_njqlxuZmU81s5mgubo1_500.gif

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Sells Humble Store the uncut version of Bioshock 1 for buyers from Germany?

yuraya

While the rest of GAF is in a state of accelerating decay I just want to say that this thread is in a much better place right now than a few months ago, reduced anime fuckery, the birthday spam has gotten noticeably less, lots of talk about games and news. The rabid RE6 fanboys are still the worst tho and we need a new lashbot, too many interesting announcements slipping through.

Also I just realized that we're approaching the halfway point between summer and winter sale. Not long now.

SteamGAF had a rough year with the anime stuff. It used to be very bad. Feels like just now everyone is waking out of the coma.

How is the anniversary edition fairing? I own it free cause of the upgrade, i remember it being a great diablo clones.

It is not crashing and the UI is more suited to modern resolutions so I guess it is okay.

Some of the skills got buffed so it appears to be easier to have a viable build. Especially with pets.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sells Humble Store the uncut version of Bioshock 1 for buyers from Germany?

I don't believe so. The last time the BioShock games were bundled, German customers were given keys tied to the censored version.

Does the Project Cars GOTY edition only include the DLC and not the game itself?

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/349/ I can't find the game in this list

Correct. Probably a mistake. Note that due to how bundles work, if you were to buy it now and the game were later re-added, you wouldn't receive it.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I'm reformating my drive (new CPU/motherboard) and want to know the best way to go about making sure I don't lose my Mankind Divided saves. Are they on the Cloud? If I reinstall the game later will I be able to just start from where I am?

Nillansan

I'm reformating my drive (new CPU/motherboard) and want to know the best way to go about making sure I don't lose my Mankind Divided saves. Are they on the Cloud? If I reinstall the game later will I be able to just start from where I am?

Mankind Divided supports Cloud Saves, you can manually back up your save files by following the steps described here.

Parsnip

Fixed. The sooner the GIF dies a death the better.

Webm is a poor replacement for gif. I mean it looks nicer but I'm still waiting for that Webp revolution.
And it actually looks like Firefox is finally implementing it too so maybe in couple of years.

Seyavesh got you all
RIP 56K users, or mobile with images enable on a data plan.
Much better.

I miss when you could call out a guy on some nonsense and his brain cancer would coincidentally come roaring back minutes later. That's when this thread had some flavor, boys.
I understood that reference.

Posted this on the October releases topic, thought I should post it here too (now with added Steam pages for all but one, but all of them are releasing on Steam).

Not a fan of rogue-likes but Stay Close seems interesting. Interested in Yomawari as well.

By the way, have you played The Park, Dusk Golem? Been wanting to try it for a while, but it's apparently very short and it nevers go below 50% off. Maybe it will receive a bigger discount during the next halloween sale.

Jawmuncher

9R8Ttmv.jpg

gonna be Okami NA release 10 year anniversary in a few days

IS THAT RIGHT CAPCOM!?

4tltteagelzu.png

Fuck Okami.
More rereleases than Dino Crisis and gets more mentions/crossovets since it's release despite selling less.

Yes I'm mad that series gets treated better than DC. Hell it's probably gonna even get a tweet from their official page. I can't recall the last time they mentioned Dino crisis.

illusionary

A couple of months down the line, *finally* I've cleared my four-figure trading card backlog - liberally helped by the glitch of course (which is still intermittently working). Now to redeem the two bundles that I've just bought, then a decent number of these cards listed...

Anteater

Fuck Okami.
More rereleases than Dino Crisis and gets more mentions/crossovets since it's release despite selling less.

Yes I'm mad that series gets treated better than DC. Hell it's probably gonna even get a tweet from their official page. I can't recall the last time they mentioned Dino crisis.

c7NJRa2.gif

Customize your queue, lets you choose any tag so they don't show up in queue.

I couldn't block enough tags to make my queue relevant to my gaming interests. It was a bit of a bummer.
I've been playing a bit of Xcom 1 while looking at Xcom 2. Does Xcom 2 do enough over Xcom 1 to make it worth a £18 buy?

I'm also looking at Dragon's Dogma (on a friend's suggestion)...

XCOM 2 does three major things that makes it zounds ahead of XCOM 1: procedurally-generated maps, near-fully destructible terrain, and objectives with time limits. Taken altogether, it turns XCOM into a much better game. That said, make sure you can run it--XCOM 2 has had some rough technical issues since it launched, although they've been smoothed out since then.

For Dragon's Dogma, it's a fantasy RPG with a really cool combat system. Basically a combat module of Dungeons & Dragons transformed into an open-world RPG. I found it got boring towards the end, but it's a solid 30+ hours of fun before that happens.

I tend to disagree about the entire thread being better. I agree with most of what you said about less shit posting, especially anime shitposting, and what not but, the thread doesn't really have it's own flavor anymore. That's me though.

I vastly, vastly prefer the Steam thread today to the anima gifs and the insular community having nonsense conversations continued from some private IRC channel.

Inside jokes and everyone's wacky personalities don't make me want to participate. I love that the thread is about games. The rest of GAF is usually so caught up in too many other topics to post impressions about whatever they're playing.

---

On that tack, I played a bunch of bundle trash today. It's amazing how many games I have in Steam that I never intend to play for more than five minutes. Steam should have a Warioware mode where it flips between your games. Here's They Breathe! Here's Darkstone! Here's Dead Effect! Here's Dragon The Game!

I'm also debating picking up Shadowrun Hong Kong from the Humble sale, but I know by the time I finish Returns and Dragonfall, it will be in a bundle of some sort.

Wok

A couple of months down the line, *finally* I've cleared my four-figure trading card backlog - liberally helped by the glitch of course (which is still intermittently working). Now to redeem the two bundles that I've just bought, then a decent number of these cards listed...

I had 1500 cards to idle, but would not have done that without the glitch. Down to 300 cards left to idle.

kagamin

I vastly, vastly prefer the Steam thread today to the anima gifs and the insular community having nonsense conversations continued from some private IRC channel.

Inside jokes and everyone's wacky personalities don't make me want to participate. I love that the thread is about games. The rest of GAF is usually so caught up in too many other topics to post impressions about whatever they're playing.

I love videogames, especially Idolmaster, Project Diva, and KOTOR 2:
11786321215893798912_97s1i.png

I also like scanline emulation.

I wasn't saying all of that was okay. Was just saying having some conversations about other things isn't horrible for a community thread. I want people to talk about games as well but, the random dogpiling on people for having a differing opinion, although that's all of GAF in general, is kinda shit. Impressions seem to get annoyed if it isn't the current hotness anyway.

As for anime, people complain about it regardless even if it is related it is a game on Steam so the bitching happens regardless.

Ey, let Jawmuncher have his Dino Crisis at least it's not anime ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Cool.

Soulflarz

Banned
I thought the whole point of a community thread is that it's a group of people with a shared interest who get to know each other with discussion of said topics. Why the hell would you solely go to a community thread for an infostream. Go follow some RSS feed or something then.

A community talks about more than just one thing. News at 11.

Re: Anime hate, a lot of GAF likes games and a lot of GAF likes anime, get over it, ignore the anime talks, it takes 5 seconds if you truly hate anything regarding anime. Also, a lot of the games coming to steam are anime-styled games.

Jazz573

---

On that tack, I played a bunch of bundle trash today. It's amazing how many games I have in Steam that I never intend to play for more than five minutes. Steam should have a Warioware mode where it flips between your games. Here's They Breathe! Here's Darkstone! Here's Dead Effect! Here's Dragon The Game!

I'm also debating picking up Shadowrun Hong Kong from the Humble sale, but I know by the time I finish Returns and Dragonfall, it will be in a bundle of some sort.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I thought the whole point of a community thread is that it's a group of people with a shared interest who get to know each other with discussion of said topics. Why the hell would you solely go to a community thread for an infostream. Go follow some RSS feed or something then.

Re: Anime hate, a lot of GAF likes games and a lot of GAF likes anime, get over it, ignore the anime talks, it takes 5 seconds if you truly hate anything regarding anime. Also, a lot of the games coming to steam are anime-styled games.
RrBEmQz.gif

There were long stretches of time in which this thread wasn't about Steam games. It was just - to the uninitiated who wasn't apparently in the "in crowd" - absolute babble.

I disagree on your point of a community thread. I mean, sure, I want personalities sometimes. I like getting certain people's impressions of games. I like seeing Jawmuncher get hyped for dinosaur games. I like jshackles impresses of those 12 Labours of Hercules games. Hell, I liked the convo about Resident Evil on the last page. Because they're about games, and they're a conversation I can participate in and are interesting to a PC gamer. I can also drop in and throw down info on a sale or something, or find out about new releases too. That's great.

What I really dislike is insular threads that become more about the posters inside of them than any given topic. That's exactly what happened to this thread at first when it was moved to Gaming Community and I'm glad it went back to normal eventually.

I definitely don't mind anime. But when most of the thread is full of anime gifs with no context and I don't understand the conversation after going back five pages, I close the tab.

Soulflarz

Banned
There were long stretches of time in which this thread wasn't about Steam games. It was just - to the uninitiated who wasn't apparently in the "in crowd" - absolute babble.

I disagree on your point of a community thread. I mean, sure, I want personalities sometimes. I like getting certain people's impressions of games. I like seeing Jawmuncher get hyped for dinosaur games. I like jshackles impresses of those 12 Labours of Hercules games. Hell, I liked the convo about Resident Evil on the last page. Because they're about games, and they're a conversation I can participate in and are interesting to a PC gamer. I can also drop in and throw down info on a sale or something, or find out about new releases too. That's great.

What I really dislike is insular threads that become more about the posters inside of them than any given topic. That's exactly what happened to this thread at first when it was moved to Gaming Community and I'm glad it went back to normal eventually.

I definitely don't mind anime. But when most of the thread is full of anime gifs with no context and I don't understand the conversation after going back five pages, I close the tab.

I...don't think it's that bad compared to most community threads, assuming your definition of bad is non pc gaming talk, which you seem to identify as the intended course of discussion.

ToonamiGAF survives on weekdays talking about life and stuff when toonami is a once a week broadcast.
PersonaGAF is lively and they get a game a year.

A lot of community threads live off a community talking as a community, not just off of games.

Like people are against in jokes because the community makes them. Okay, but that makes no sense. If you just joined GAF, you won't understand half of the GAF jokes out there. People still make them as a part of a larger community, just like the smaller one will continue to make them. Anyone who knows Jaw will make jokes about him and dinos, but to anyone else, they'd ask why are we mentioning a random poster.

What I'm trying to say is people want a community to not be a community for some weird reasons.

MUnited83

For you.
what-if-i-told-you.jpg

What if I told you that the the dumb complaints about anime gifs were always overreactions and that those overreactions were way worse for the thread that any of the gifs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom