• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

To be honest, I clicked on that G2A thread (when you linked it), I read it was about G2A (so pretty much a cold case), and then I clicked on the video and saw a "boob streamer" as you call it. My reaction was to dismiss whatever she said and come back here because I have a bad a priori about women trying too hard to draw attention for stream monetization. If anybody is like me and does not know the streamer is actually really making a serious talk, well, it just feels like getting rick-rolled or click-baited, it is not a good mood to start posting in a GAF thread.

I dont get the point of deleting posts. Why not let their vile be on full display? Let folks know who we dealing with.

And in the rare chance, people can learn and grow from dialogue and reflection. One can dream.

Volimar

I feel like I don't read the same forum as other people somehow when I see stuff like this since I think the OT is still pretty bad as well.

Hence why I said can be. A lot of forums are pure drivel when it comes to issues like BLM and LGBT issues, especially trans.

I dont get the point of deleting posts. Why not let their vile be on full display? Let folks know who we dealing with.

And in the rare chance, people can learn and grow from dialogue and reflection. One can dream.

I'm guessing it is because leaving those posts will just help normalize that kind of behavior, rather than serve as a "warning". And for threads that are still active, they'll also serve to (keep) derailing the thread.

Nzyme32

Lol Kaceytron is great. Many people dont realize what type of streamer she is and dismiss her as a "boob streamer".

Well I am one of those people, since I will prejudge all those streamers with the downward angled "boob camera". People doing that don't deserve my time, just as much as those with the most obnoxious sub and donation alarms. All I want to do is either watch a game / see some original commentary and humour; by and large those folks aren't "boob streamers"

~Kinggi~

Banned
Well I am one of those people, since I will prejudge all those streamers with the downward angled "boob camera". People doing that don't deserve my time, just as much as those with the most obnoxious sub and donation alarms. All I want to do is either watch a game / see some original commentary and humour; by and large those folks aren't "boob streamers"

i dont even know who she is and a simple google search provides plenty of images for me to know whats going on here lol.

derExperte

I mean I could do a video of my wife, show her perfect ass and talk about tax evasion problems of Apple and co.

t3_21x8o7

All she does is troll the entire time. Even more so when she encounters "show meh yur bewbs" guys during games. It's hilarious. Even the "boob angle" she uses is just to troll you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All she does is troll the entire time. Even more so when she encounters "show meh yur bewbs" guys during games. It's hilarious. Even the "boob angle" she uses is just to troll you.

if a parody is as bad as what its parodying, is it still a parody? :3

the Kill La Kill conundrum lol

Ozium

why are people watching twitch to get aroused?

they are on the internet, there are places that cater to that market

the fuck?

yuraya

why are people watching twitch to get aroused?

they are on the internet, there are places that cater to that market

the fuck?

If grown ass men can't handle a little mild nudity how you think they'll cope with that other stuff?

I say its better to stick with twitch.

Arthea

Like Steam.

exactly!

What's going on here, anyway?

more importantly
I don't see much Steins gate talk around here, nobody playing it or something?

edited: totally unrelated

I checked and God Eater 2 sold 300K in launch week alone, now that being a late port and all, still it sold less than 40K on steam, it would be nice to know if Bamco expected better numbers.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I must say many thanks to Deep Silver for the free weekend of Homefront - Revolution. Finished the single player tonight and ended up enjoying it quite a bit, though admittedly I went in with no expectations whatsoever. I'll probably pick it up during the xmas sale this year. Probably the first time I've actually taken advantage of one of those 'free weekends' on steam to play through a game.

AHA-Lambda

how is the mankind divided ending bad?

-spend the game investigating who bombed the train station
-do missions that slowly uncover the truth about who bombed the train station
-confront the person who bombed the train station
-the end

the only reason people say it's 'a bad ending' is because they didn't have to fight some shitty boss fight ever 3-4 missions like in HR

I've been wondering this ever since I finished it.

"It just ends man!! It's like Halo 2 levels of bad!"

You literally just had a boss fight with the game's direct antagonist, what exactly did you expect?
It is shorter (from my experience) than previous titles (ymmv) but the criticisms of how it "just ends" made no sense to me.

Annubis

It is shorter (from my experience) than previous titles (ymmv) but the criticisms of how it "just ends" made no sense to me.

To me, that sounds like a plus.
I haven't played MD yet, but I remember thinking while playing HR that the game was actually too long for its own good.

kagamin

I checked and God Eater 2 sold 300K in launch week alone, now that being a late port and all, still it sold less than 40K on steam, it would be nice to know if Bamco expected better numbers.

But... GE2RB released the same day on PC, PS4, and Vita outside of Japan.

Does the game have a dénouement of any kind after said fight?

It doesn't. You play for a few minutes after the boss fight and then one dialog occurs and the screen fades to black. I'd be amazed if anyone thought that was a satisfying ending. It's almost as abrupt as the ending to RAGE.

I thought that's what it was too, but apparently lots of people seem to not like the story/end of the game.
It suffered from "middle of the trilogy syndrome". To be frank, I don't think even Eidos knows what to do with the Illuminati, the writers couldn't let Jensen take it down in the prequels when it's still alive and well in the original game.
I6U9z6t.png

She is not wrong

That thread was shameful.

It suffered from "middle of the trilogy syndrome". To be frank, I don't think even Eidos knows what to do with the Illuminati, the writers couldn't let Jensen take it down in the prequels when it's still alive and well in the original game.

prequels are usually bad news for an on going series and should normally be avoid unless its a flash back.

MUnited83

For you.

That's the thing though. It wasn't a stream. It was a informative piece about the scummy nature of G2A. The delivery might not have been the best, but it was quite well thoguht out, and went into more depth than some "professional" outlets did.

That some people automatically dismissed it because of "oooh my god cleavageeeeeee!bewwwwwwwbsssss", as if someone can't have cleavage if they do all they say is automatically invalid is quite frankly ridiculous. That thread was splendid to find that so many Gaffers have the immaturity of a 12 year old kid that just saw boobs for the first time and they have the attention spawn of 40 seconds.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
That's the thing though. It wasn't a stream. It was a informative piece about the scummy nature of G2A. The delivery might not have been the best, but it was quite well thoguht out, and went into more depth than some "professional" outlets did.

That some people automatically dismissed it because of "oooh my god cleavageeeeeee!bewwwwwwwbsssss", as if someone can't have cleavage if they do all they say is automatically invalid is quite frankly ridiculous. That thread was splendid to find that so many Gaffers have the immaturity of a 12 year old kid that just saw boobs for the first time and they have the attention spawn of 40 seconds.

Even if it is an informative piece, if it is presented like shit.... it's going to be taken like shit. You can't blame the audience for this.

The issue with the thread was the OP initially saying professional, rather than parody.

Corpekata

Banned
Even if it is an informative piece, if it is presented like shit.... it's going to be taken like shit. You can't blame the audience for this.

The issue with the thread was the OP initially saying professional, rather than parody.

The OP called her a Professional Gamer Girl. If anyone didn't get that it was being said in jest, that's on them because it was very obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom