• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

I personally think everything should be sexy, so I have no problem with serious content being presented with gratuitous skin involved.

Regardless, people should generally treat information as information: Most of it shouldn't be trusted 100% from the place you hear it, you should always dig a little bit if you care at all about the topic. Be it from a busty streamer, a skinny pro-gamer, an actual journalist, or the guy with the lab coat who forgot to brush his hair today... doesn't matter.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'll try not to keep bugging SteamGAF about this but...

I've updated my Extra Life 2016 page with all of the games that have been donated that you can win.

You guys should check it out, it's going to be a lot of fun this year because I'll be giving away the games during the live-stream in addition to trying to stay up and concentrate for that long. There is a little less than 2 months left until November 5th!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I've updated my Extra Life 2016 page with all of the games that have been donated that you can win.

You guys should check it out, it's going to be a lot of fun this year because I'll be giving away the games during the live-stream in addition to trying to stay up and concentrate for that long. There is a little less than 2 months left until November 5th!

Already did even though I don't have much ^_^

Wow you scored some real bangers for the prizes.

Tellaerin

That's the thing though. It wasn't a stream. It was a informative piece about the scummy nature of G2A. The delivery might not have been the best, but it was quite well thoguht out, and went into more depth than some "professional" outlets did.

That some people automatically dismissed it because of "oooh my god cleavageeeeeee!bewwwwwwwbsssss", as if someone can't have cleavage if they do all they say is automatically invalid is quite frankly ridiculous. That thread was splendid to find that so many Gaffers have the immaturity of a 12 year old kid that just saw boobs for the first time and they have the attention spawn of 40 seconds.

Just watched the video. As someone who's never heard of kaceytron before, I got a chuckle out of it. My only criticism is that I think she might have played it a little too straight - might've been better to either go more hyperbolic with the writing while keeping the same low-key, deadpan delivery, or keep the script as-is but go with a more exaggeratedly upbeat, news anchor-ish reading. It was still kind of amusing regardless, and it might've opened some peoples' eyes about G2A, so props to her.

yuraya

Battleborn will exacts its revenge once it goes F2P and has like 50k concurrent players.

All the haters will be ashamed of their words and deeds.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
When is that Bioshock remaster out? I actually wanted to and tried to play it last year and...well, either it didnt hold up or the pc port was trash (or a combination of both) but I couldnt :/

Corpekata

Banned
So tired of that damn meme.

A scene where the characters are supposed to be forcing laughter is routinely used as an excuse to shit on the game because the laughter sounds forced. Whodathunk it?

smh.

Maybe it's just a stupid scene.

Defenders of that scene seem to only consider that people didn't understand it, or it didn't translate well.

It's also stupid in Japanese.

Tellaerin

Defenders of that scene seem to only consider that people didn't understand it, or it didn't translate well.

Eh, I didn't think the message they were shooting for was particularly stupid. And hell, the fact that Yuna was like "you probably shouldn't laugh anymore", then the two of them doing the cheesy fake Santa laugh together and busting into real giggles, kinda sold the whole thing for me. But I guess my point is that even if somebody hates that scene for whatever reason, pointing at it and saying "this game is shit and here's why" is just kind of weak.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

I love that the reason it's in the game is because it was something one of the writers was trying in an acting class.

MUnited83

For you.

Well, 99% of the people that complain about did not understand it or knew the context, so, eh.

Benedict

Contributed a bit and hope I will be able to see some of your stream. :)

kagamin

I'll probably have time to watch, if I'm not too busy with classes, so basically I can garuantee I'll watch part of it.

Shade

And donated! Looking forward to your stream, regardless if I get to watch it live!

Grimalkin

Really hoping to finally upgrade my PC before the next major steam sale. I can't even run Total Warhammer (as I call it) at an acceptable frame rate on the min settings. :(

Loved the original, automatically added to my wishlist for the next Steam sale.

I couldn't figure out why Unravel wasn't on steam, then I remembered... EA. I don't mind Origin except that it won't let you backup downloads. If you need to wipe your PC or uninstall the game for whatever reason it won't let you backup to an external and then transfer it back over and run it. It will force you to re-download the entire game, even if it's all there. I've tried everything I can find in their troubleshooting plus searching online, nothing makes it work properly.

I have a really restrictive bandwidth cap so I have to constantly manage my games and not being able to successfully utilize a backup is a huge issue.

Seriously, I pay $55/month for 250GB cap. To increase it to 600GB is $130/month.

Like Santa Claus, I return bearing gifts!

ModBot said:
Instructions for HP_Wuvcraft:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

UNCANNY VALLEY -- MB-74948AF4A385BFAE - Taken by ExoSoul
COOK AND SERVE AND IT IS GOOD -- MB-7D4AFC8D69594C85 - Taken by Belgarion
INK -- MB-724092C940D52DB6 - Taken by dot

Pixieking

Banned
So, anyone playing Inferno Climber with the Steam Controller? There's literally no community configs for it, so wondering what set-up people are using. If no-one is using it, then I'm going to start with my Dark Souls config, and play around with the settings before uploading it.

Also, welcome back, HP_Wuvcraft. :)

There's a dude currently on Steam trying to get me to give him keys to games so then he'll give me the money made off cards.

I'm gonna be rich.

EDIT: Now he wants me to send him keys so he can sell them. Um.....

There's a dude currently on Steam trying to get me to give him keys to games so then he'll give me the money made off cards.

I'm gonna be rich.

There was some group a while back that would send you game keys, probably harvested from devs or free game giveaways, on the proviso that you would then send the cards back to them.

WB!

kagamin

I'm gonna be rich.

What a scheme! He'll probably make the big bucks if he pulls this one off. :p

In all seriousness though, welcome back!

BRYY MILLER: sounds sketchy
Kubik: no man
Kubik: if you have answers just ask
Kubik: i really want to work with you
BRYY MILLER: you mean questions

Tizoc

Is this something people would use? The body count in FPS games would be frighting.

CsGV0EaWAAEupfO.jpg

https://www.centralpoint.nl/gaming-...a-c-grip-pc-ps3-ps4-art-ps4-054e-num-6465035/
What the douch

Jimrpg

I6U9z6t.png

She is not wrong

Hey Kacey, I don't have a neckbeard and way to go hitting out at everyone here calling everyone a loser. Class.

I just don't understand people attacking game websites like G2A and Kinguin, aren't they just ebay for digital games? You can also get fraudulent sellers on Ebay.

Some points she made in the video -

- G2A shield that you pay $1 for. That's to cover for a real person to investigate on your claim. Yes its overpriced, but its insurance. If I'm buying a $1 game, no I'm not going to get insurance, but for $30 sure why not.

- Tinybuild and G2A fiasco. Some guys stole keys from Tinybuild's website using stolen credit cards and put them on G2A. G2A asked Tinybuild to provide a list of the stolen steam keys. Without that G2A said they had no idea which ones were stolen (makes sense). It seemed Tinybuild wanted to put the blame on websites like G2A for existing because of the stolen keys. That would be the same as saying pawn shops are responsible for theft. I have no idea if its resolved yet, but again G2A is set up like Ebay so I don't see anything wrong.

- You just have to know what you're getting into with G2A and Kinguin. I haven't had any bad experiences with them. I also sell some of my spare bundle keys there, sometimes I get customers that say I provided the wrong region, happened with a Sleeping Dogs key which I had no problem with refunding. (And if I didn't get back to them within 24 hours, Kinguin would have refunded the customer anyway and taken back their money) Most of the sellers there are legit and have 5 star recommendations. There is absolutely no reason for me to sell people dodgy keys that don't work because I'm not going to run away over $5.

- The sarcastic comments about 16% fees in the G2A Direct program is no different to any retail store.

- They are perhaps overly aggressive in getting exposure with streamers, but their growth in their business shows its working.

- EDIT: Also purely my guess, but the reason keys are really cheap is because each seller is one guy and he does not have a brick and mortar store and he does not have a web presence. So normally a $60 game might be $45 wholesale, therefore that one guy can sell 10,000 copies at $46 and make $10,000. Rinse and repeat for all the game releases per year. The only thing is he needs to come up with the capital (10k * $45 = $450,000), and the risk that he doesn't sell all his copies, but otherwise it seems the digital key reseller market place is quite competitive. Conversely sites like Humble Bundle operate differently I assume they get a bunch of keys supplied from the publisher and make a small amount per key. There used to be a user here called Jack Daniels who made buckets of money by selling heaps of keys on G2A and Kinguin that he got from publishers directly. It was easy for him because he called around to different countries in the EU which all had headquarters and sales targets they had to meet, so they were happy to sell him keys to meet sales targets, sometimes even lower than wholesale price.

- G2A shield that you pay $1 for. That's to cover for a real person to investigate on your claim. Yes its overpriced, but its insurance. If I'm buying a $1 game, no I'm not going to get insurance, but for $30 sure why not.

That something like this even exists, shows actually that G2A knows a lot of people will come to them and sell stolen keys that might get revoked, so hey. Pay 1$ more to be on the safe side is stupid af.

- Tinybuild and G2A fiasco. Some guys stole keys from Tinybuild's website using stolen credit cards and put them on G2A. G2A asked Tinybuild to provide a list of the stolen steam keys. Without that G2A said they had no idea which ones were stolen (makes sense). It seemed Tinybuild wanted to put the blame on websites like G2A for existing because of the stolen keys. That would be the same as saying pawn shops are responsible for theft. I have no idea if its resolved yet, but again G2A is set up like Ebay so I don't see anything wrong.

How can a small publisher even generate a list of all the stolen keys. Its not like they are in a list and afaik they had to go through each key line by line. I mean I am sure it would take more than just a few hours to compile such a list.
And actually G2A, if the guy who sold the keys didnt make multiple account, could easily see who sold all the keys or which keys are associated to one payment method and deactive them...

- You just have to know what you're getting into with G2A and Kinguin. I haven't had any bad experiences with them. I also sell some of my spare bundle keys there, sometimes I get customers that say I provided the wrong region, happened with a Sleeping Dogs key which I had no problem with refunding. (And if I didn't get back to them within 24 hours, Kinguin would have refunded the customer anyway and taken back their money) Most of the sellers there are legit and have 5 star recommendations. There is absolutely no reason for me to sell people dodgy keys that don't work because I'm not going to run away over $5.

It might not be you that is selling stolen keys, but still a lot of other people do that. I had Dead Island revoked, because I dont even know why.

- They are perhaps overly aggressive in getting exposure with streamers, but their growth in their business shows its working.

And that is sad.

Tellaerin

What the douch

I want that for PC. Controller and mouse is like my dream input setup for FPS. I've also been saying for literally years now that someone needs to come up with an FPS gamepad that replaces the right analog stick with a trackball, but I don't think anyone ever did it (unfortunately).

Monooboe

I want that for PC. Controller and mouse is like my dream input setup for FPS. I've also been saying for literally years now that someone needs to come up with an FPS gamepad that replaces the right analog stick with a trackball, but I don't think anyone ever did it (unfortunately).

Doesn't the Steam controller kind of do this? I read that it felt like controlling a trackball.

Corpekata

Banned
I don't get how anyone can even defend the insurance thing. You compare it to ebay and then ignore that ebay is VERY customer oriented. If ebay started to charge to get customer service that site's rep would be in the shitter too.

Not to mention it auto-enables itself to be a monthly charge. Like how do you even remotely approach Game insurance monthly charges as something acceptable or normal?

def sim

Doesn't the Steam controller kind of do this? I read that it felt like controlling a trackball.

The steam controller has a trackball setting for its touch pad, yeah. It's the preferred mode (along with gyro aiming) for shooters, afaik.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
What the douch

Thats how I play Diablo 3 :p

mouse on the right hand, and stuff like skills, healing, walk/attack lock mapped to the left side of my Xbone controller...

works awesome and I dont have to hover over the keyboard with my left hand all the time, played it for hundreds of hours like that...

Tizoc

Thats how I play Diablo 3 :p

mouse on the right hand, and stuff like skills, healing, walk/attack lock mapped to the left side of my Xbone controller...

works awesome and I dont have to hover over the keyboard with my left hand all the time, played it for hundreds of hours like that...
Sounds like a slick setup
You may just have sold me on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom