• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Sounds like a slick setup
You may just have sold me on it

it's really nice :)

walk/attack trigger = left Trigger
Map = left shoulder button
select/back (or whatever that button is called) = inventory
every direction on the left stick = healing potion , thats awesome cause you can just randomly punch the stick in any direction in the heat of a battle without thinking about it :D
D-pad = the four skill slots mapped on the four directions

and thats basically all you need to play D3 anyway

Jimrpg

That something like this even exists, shows actually that G2A knows a lot of people will come to them and sell stolen keys that might get revoked, so hey. Pay 1$ more to be on the safe side is stupid af.

If I was running G2A I wouldn't want people selling those stolen keys. I don't think the bad press does them any favours, and actually makes it a whole lot worse. I don't know how they are going to stop someone putting stolen keys on G2A though. Especially if they were off a publisher's website because the fraud claims can easily come in too late.

Also it doesn't really matter where they charge you, they could probably just tack on $1 on the seller side and the seller also would increase his prices to compensate. I sound like I'm defending G2A here, but for this point I think they are going to take a $1 from the transaction no matter where.

How can a small publisher even generate a list of all the stolen keys. Its not like they are in a list and afaik they had to go through each key line by line. I mean I am sure it would take more than just a few hours to compile such a list.
And actually G2A, if the guy who sold the keys didnt make multiple account, could easily see who sold all the keys or which keys are associated to one payment method and deactive them...

I assumed they would go to the bank and ask which transactions were made with the fraudulent credit cards. Actually in this case wouldn't Tinybuild just file a claim and get their money back? I don't know, but it seemed like Tinybuild just ended the correspondence and G2A seemed like they wanted to help?

It might not be you that is selling stolen keys, but still a lot of other people do that. I had Dead Island revoked, because I dont even know why.
[/QUOTE]

Of course there can be dodgy sellers, but I don't see it any different to Ebay. I hope you got your money back for Dead Island, if not you should have filed a claim.

Also just to comment further, I too consider my risks when I purchase on either of these sites. I know there can be scammers there, but I know that many are legit too. When a game is less than 5 euro as many older games are and the game is full price on Steam, that's a good enough risk/reward to take on those reseller sites. For many day 1 releases I'd rather go to something like Greenmangaming or CDkeys. It's just shopping around.

derFeef

Thats how I play Diablo 3 :p

mouse on the right hand, and stuff like skills, healing, walk/attack lock mapped to the left side of my Xbone controller...

works awesome and I dont have to hover over the keyboard with my left hand all the time, played it for hundreds of hours like that...

Huh, but you need to hold the controller in one hand. Wouldn't it be easier to just play with the controller, like.. with bot hands?

The_Super_Inframan

Huh, but you need to hold the controller in one hand. Wouldn't it be easier to just play with the controller, like.. with bot hands?

I play it on PC, even if I wanted to do that I really couldn't, Diablo has no controller support on PC :)
Its just way more convenient to hold the controller in the left hand and have all major functions ready than to have my hand on the keyboard all the time where I can't really feel they keys and so on... I just like it ;)

The mouse is quicker and more precise when you want to click things, like during inventory management.

yeah, the controller is just a keyboard replacement... Diablo = mouse for me, as god intended ;)

derFeef

I play it on PC, even if I wanted to do that I really couldn't :)
Its just way more convenient to hold the controller in the left hand and have all major functions ready than to have my hand on the keyboard all the time where I can't really feel they keys and so on... I just like it ;)

I don't think I get your issue with having your hand on the keyboard, maybe I missed something. But whatever works for you! :)
I just imagine the controller adds strain on the hand/ankle since it's meant to be holden with two hands.

Tomasety

Some points she made in the video -

- G2A shield that you pay $1 for. That's to cover for a real person to investigate on your claim. Yes its overpriced, but its insurance. If I'm buying a $1 game, no I'm not going to get insurance, but for $30 sure why not.

- Tinybuild and G2A fiasco. Some guys stole keys from Tinybuild's website using stolen credit cards and put them on G2A. G2A asked Tinybuild to provide a list of the stolen steam keys. Without that G2A said they had no idea which ones were stolen (makes sense). It seemed Tinybuild wanted to put the blame on websites like G2A for existing because of the stolen keys. That would be the same as saying pawn shops are responsible for theft. I have no idea if its resolved yet, but again G2A is set up like Ebay so I don't see anything wrong.

- You just have to know what you're getting into with G2A and Kinguin. I haven't had any bad experiences with them. I also sell some of my spare bundle keys there, sometimes I get customers that say I provided the wrong region, happened with a Sleeping Dogs key which I had no problem with refunding. (And if I didn't get back to them within 24 hours, Kinguin would have refunded the customer anyway and taken back their money) Most of the sellers there are legit and have 5 star recommendations. There is absolutely no reason for me to sell people dodgy keys that don't work because I'm not going to run away over $5.

- The sarcastic comments about 16% fees in the G2A Direct program is no different to any retail store.

- They are perhaps overly aggressive in getting exposure with streamers, but their growth in their business shows its working.

I don't agree with you. Here's a really good article about g2a made by Lars Doucet's (Defender's Quest dev). I recommend it to you.

Edit. Forgot link http://www.fortressofdoors.com/g2a-piracy-and-the-four-currencies/

xist

I finished Half-Life 2 for the first time ever yesterday (and have never played it before). Perhaps unbelievably, I've only really played about half a dozen games newer than this one (Skyrim, the FEAR games, Door Kickers, Mafia 2 and the Dead Space series...i think that's about it...most of my time prior to Christmas 2015 was on the PS2) so I don't really feel that I've had my senses dulled by newer amazing game mechanics. Overall it was OK...maybe i'd score it a 6 or a 7. However, even with the FOV pumped up to the maximum of 90 I had to endure vomit inducing nausea (literally...after the first 90 minutes I had to be sick and lie down). It got better but never went away and I had to play in a very well lit environment. I liked the variety that the game had to start with, and having heard about the length of the vehicle sections was pleasantly surprised that they weren't that bad at all....after/around Nova Prospekt I kind of felt that I was losing interest a bit though.

Plot wise I was a little disappointed. Initially I thought I'd get subtle info-dumps about the suppression of humanity and the Combine's prevention of human breeding, and that Gordon Freeman would return to save the day. In reality the game felt like I just travelled from Point A to Point B with little real reason to be anywhere in between. The gunplay was pretty bad too although I sort of expected that. Just got the episodes to do now.

The_Super_Inframan

I don't think I get your issue with having your hand on the keyboard, maybe I missed something. But whatever works for you! :)
I just imagine the controller adds strain on the hand/ankle since it's meant to be holden with two hands.

its super comfortable actually, i just have my left hand resting on my leg while holding the controller...

And I don't say it's better than KB, I just really like it this way, cause I'm really bad and pressing the right keys without looking at my KB ;)

Kudo

its super comfortable actually, i just have my left hand resting on my leg while holding the controller...

And I don't say it's better than KB, I just really like it this way, cause I'm really bad and pressing the right keys without watching at my KB ;)

Have you checked something like Razer Nostromo for Diablo 3? Could be useful, though your current setup sounds pretty sweet anyway.

Jawmuncher

I finished Half-Life 2 for the first time ever yesterday (and have never played it before). Perhaps unbelievably, I've only really played about half a dozen games newer than this one (Skyrim, the FEAR games, Door Kickers, Mafia 2 and the Dead Space series...i think that's about it...most of my time prior to Christmas 2015 was on the PS2) so I don't really feel that I've had my senses dulled by newer amazing game mechanics. Overall it was OK...maybe i'd score it a 6 or a 7. However, even with the FOV pumped up to the maximum of 90 I had to endure vomit inducing nausea (literally...after the first 90 minutes I had to be sick and lie down). It got better but never went away and I had to play in a very well lit environment. I liked the variety that the game had to start with, and having heard about the length of the vehicle sections was pleasantly surprised that they weren't that bad at all....after/around Nova Prospekt I kind of felt that I was losing interest a bit though.

Plot wise I was a little disappointed. Initially I thought I'd get subtle info-dumps about the suppression of humanity and the Combine's prevention of human breeding, and that Gordon Freeman would return to save the day. In reality the game felt like I just travelled from Point A to Point B with little real reason to be anywhere in between. The gunplay was pretty bad too although I sort of expected that. Just got the episodes to do now.

I agree with this. To me HL2 is just something that isn't aging very well. It's still not a bad game, but I fail to see why people claim it's still in the best FPS running. I feel a big part is just due to the size of it. A lot of areas are spacious compared to corridor runs of recent shooters.

Deques

This Steam Card glitch, I think there is an actual error that recently came.
I was playing INK, a game that I recently activated on my account. Played 15 minutes or so, quit the game and boom a card dropped. Now with a bit more than 2 hours played I got all the cards and I usually need to play the initial 2 hours before I get a card drop.
Maybe I didn't need to idle all games for 2 hours before I switched games quickly, that way I didn't need to ruin my play time

The_Super_Inframan

anyone else feel weird if they let their steam wallet drop below 100 dollars?

I never even had that much money in my Steam wallet... the most was like 60€ all from card money...

thinking about it, I'm not sure if I ever had money in my wallet that was not from stuff I sold on the market

Ozium

This Steam Card glitch, I think there is an actual error that recently came.
I was playing INK, a game that I recently activated on my account. Played 15 minutes or so, quit the game and boom a card dropped. Now with a bit more than 2 hours played I got all the cards and I usually need to play the initial 2 hours before I get a card drop.
Maybe I didn't need to idle all games for 2 hours before I switched games quickly, that way I didn't need to ruin my play time

I was idling 8 games at a time in idlemaster (up to 2 hours setting) and quit out after 15 minutes because I needed to restart my computer and I noticed that when I exited idlemaster I got like 4-5 cards... so I just kept running it with all those games for about 10 minutes then closing it, over and over until I got most of them

best glitch ever

Pixieking

Banned
anyone else feel weird if they let their steam wallet drop below 100 dollars?

Well, that's a humblebrag. :D

More seriously, I wish I had even close to that kind of money in my games-fund/Steam wallet. Reasonably, I spend about £200-£250 a year on games, and can't really afford to go over that. I've got a massive backlog, so it doesn't bother me that much, but it does mean I bargain-hunt a lot on places like Wingamestore, GMG and cdkeys for the new games I want to play soon.

Ozium

lol guys I was just trolling I only have 37.77 in my wallet and some of that will be gone in 19-20 hours when MF'ing PAC MAN comes out

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

My favorite way to play the HL2 games has been to turn off the HUD and reticle and crank up the difficulty. I believe there's an old GAF thread that coined that the "One Free Man" difficulty. I didn't really appreciate the AI and the gunplay until then. You have to rely on the suits voice cues to know your state and aiming becomes much more challenging.

It's interesting to hear that you're unimpressed with it without newer FPS' to compare it to. So much of what it (more or less) pioneered has been reiterated on since. Hopefully the episodes leave you with a better impression.

I fully expect that game to be garbage.

Last Guardian or the Bioware project?

That news bodes well for Bioware. The writing was pretty damn strong in Sunless Sea. With a game like that, it's way too easy to just plop down a mountain of exposition and call it a day, and they avoided it with succinct, often foreboding moments.

Too bad I could never get anywhere in it on account of sucking.

mp1990

Banned
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1277307

Author of sunless sea now working for bioware. That might make for the first well written bioware game in ages.
I didn't really get to enjoy Sunless Sea because the writing was so flowery it just turned into a illegible mess after awhile, I had to keep checking the dicionary every 3 minutes to see what some words meant (granted, english isn't my first language, but I never had this sort of problem before, at least not to this extent). Not to say that the writing is bad, but I prefer when there's a middle ground.

Not that it'll change anything, though, because I doubt he'll be able to make any significative changes in the Bioware games.

How can a small publisher even generate a list of all the stolen keys. Its not like they are in a list and afaik they had to go through each key line by line. I mean I am sure it would take more than just a few hours to compile such a list.

This part of the Tinybuild story never made any sense to me. Why shouldn't they be able to generate a list of keys that were purchased with fraudulent credit card transactions? They should have a database entry for every transaction ID and the corresponding key. If the transaction is charged back you know exactly which key was given out in that order. Now they're not obligated to share that information with G2A, but they could easily send those keys to Valve to get them disabled. In either case I don't see any reason to start a witch hunt against G2A unless there was some specific information that it was the actual G2A people carrying out the fraudulent transactions.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1277307

Author of sunless sea now working for bioware. That might make for the first well written bioware game in ages.

I have zero expectations that this will come to pass.

Jawmuncher

Last Guardian or the Bioware project?

That news bodes well for Bioware. The writing was pretty damn strong in Sunless Sea. With a game like that, it's way too easy to just plop down a mountain of exposition and call it a day, and they avoided it with succinct, often foreboding moments.

Too bad I could never get anywhere in it on account of sucking.

TLG

AHA-Lambda

TLG will be trash
Sunless Sea's gameplay was trash
Bioware is trash
Steam is trash
Anime is trash

Everything in life is just trash
UPlay save us

Jimrpg

I don't agree with you. Here's a really good article about g2a made by Lars Doucet's (Defender's Quest dev). I recommend it to you.

Edit. Forgot link http://www.fortressofdoors.com/g2a-piracy-and-the-four-currencies/

Cool I read it. Here are my thoughts.

PQlPsKe.jpg

How does he know how much $I is? Does he really think the overwhelming amount of keys are stolen?

What he does say and I agree with, is that stolen keys are a huge problem and G2A doesn't know how to fix it but instead taking the easy option and just charging for G2A shield.

The other thing it does say is that if you have a key revoked because its fraudulent (and I believe you need G2A shield as well), you can put in a claim so the thief doesn't get their money. G2A and Kinguin hold money for up to 30 days before releasing it to the seller. Therefore if the thief doesn't get the money, then isn't the problem partially solved? Not the greatest means of deterrent, but its something.

I honestly don't know how you fix it and if G2A or Kinguin go away, another digital marketplace will pop up anyway.

Ludens

Banned
Completed Dark Fear, what a little nice game. The art could not be great, but the gameplay is very good. If you liked Shadowgate, this is much better, because it includes rpg elements (you can fight, buy new equipment etc). It's very short, around four hours, but it's worth your time.

Xanathus

677mb hotfix 1.31 for Witcher 3, no notes yet

Full Changelog:

- Corrects Arabic text in the expansions.
- Corrects Turkish text.
- Repairs holes in Vimme Vivaldi's new clothes.
- Fixes long loading times in dialogues in the vicinity of Hierarch Square.
- Fixes infinite loading screen occurring during the "Pyres of Novigrad" quest when following the thief.
- Corrects credits.
- (Origin) Fixes NPC lipsync issues.
Some people are saying it's breaking save files.

Kudo

Some people are saying it's breaking save files.

It better not! I just managed to get to Bloody Baron where I quit the game on PS4 on my PC now, and if they ruin my save.. I won't be too happy about that.
Does it break the saves for just some people?

Ludens

Banned
Do you know if the new Pathologic is a remake or a reboot?
It's not stated in the store page, I need to play the original, I tried but it was hard (both for fights and the fact you have an invisible timer to complete it), if the new one is a remake I'll go only with that eventually.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do you know if the new Pathologic is a remake or a reboot?
It's not stated in the store page, I need to play the original, I tried but it was hard (both for fights and the fact you have an invisible timer to complete it), if the new one is a remake I'll go only with that eventually.

A remake.

Deques

ModBot said:
Instructions for Deques:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Girl and the Robot -- MB-87BAADFB9736B072 - Taken by mp1990

venomenon

I finally 100%ed AdVenture Capitalist yesterday. Say what you will about this kind of game, but starting it up for 5 minutes had become such a part of my morning routine, I think I already felt withdrawal symptoms this morning, lol

I'm such a filthy casual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom