• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Oh shit,the new senran kagura esteval versus on sale for the first time on NA psn,the problem i am afraid after i buy it they announce steam version will all dlc.
The good dlcs alone will cost $14(levels and characters)
Also may not get discounted again for a long long time.
What should i do?

Is bon appetite on sale?

-----

Anyone who asks for capcom games on steam and not Dino crisis is a heathen.

Hektor

Im curious how people will react to DR1, it's def more unforgiving then the sequels. I remember reading the tiny text and having to go in and out of the bathrooms to save a game. I don't remember there being an auto save so if you died before saving you can lose a lot of progress.

I don't remember this part of Danganronpa at all.

MUnited83

For you.
The competition we need :")

Oh yes.

Needed to download the update three times to have it actually install
The first message I get when opening it is that they dropped support for my language completely. It's no longer available
It's slow as shit
It takes more resources
It doesn't look better nearly enough as it should to justify all those things.

The one Capcom game I absolutely want on Steam is E.X. Troopers honestly, I loved it so much on 3DS and I'd buy and play it again for sure.
Remember the game having tons of in-game assets being Japanese words, so localization would be more complicated than just translating. Remodelling etc. But yeah, I agree. Always looked fun and stylish. Just not sure Capcom is gonna see the extraordinary localization investment being worth it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Uncanny Valley -- MB-D66ADBB8F5380CD9 - Taken by Saty. 8 entrants total.
faviconuvuwz.png
The Walking Dead: Michonne (Telltale) -- MB-BD797973DCAEDB84 - Taken by Natty1. 11 entrants total.
Chill the Piro -- MB-ACFB3E7C54695AA9 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 4 entrants total.
Day D: Tower Rush -- MB-F6A3E7F9C76641E8 - Taken by Belgarion. 5 entrants total.
Reptilian Rebellion -- MB-ECD0D4C3EDC88741 - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
Bibou -- MB-C22BF40C27ADF464 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
INK -- MB-0D5093EF6B1EDE00 - Taken by Jalal. 6 entrants total.
Z -- MB-81B7FA89F7D18494 - Taken by longlivegaming. 1 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-6CBA2AF4D7B7ABE7 - Taken by Stall19. 5 entrants total.
Fist of Jesus -- MB-71A7046142B65EBC - Taken by illusionary. 3 entrants total.

t1473796911z1.png

fantomena

The thought that there will probably not be a PC demo of FH3 still disgusts me plenty.

I do have an Xbone, but as soon as I remember the UI I lose all motivation to turn it on.

kagamin

The thought that there will probably not be a PC demo of FH3 still disgusts me plenty.

I do have an Xbone, but as soon as I remember the UI I lose all motivation to turn it on.

I thought the FH3 PC demo was coming out after the game officially releases.

Monooboe

Alright SteamGAF, you win with your anime stuff, I think I'm going to put this months gaming budget on STEINS:GATE and Tales of Symphonia.

MUnited83

For you.
To be fair it always has been.

I mean, before it worked fine, just lackluster.

Now it no longer supports my language, is slow as fuck, has a dumb "home page" where you get "recommendations" based on "what you and your friends play", as if they actually had a library with a size where recommendations would actually be needed or implemented in a decent way to begin with. All the recommendations are the same: "Do you know about this awesome EA games that released this year! So awesome! Without this recommendation you would surely never find out about the new AAA titles from us! Also, preorder every game we haven't released yet! We don't actually have a recommendation algorythm, we just recommend that you buy more EA products!"
This recommendation page is made with such care that is telling me to download the Open Beta for Battlefield 1.
You know, that thing that ended days ago.

Alright SteamGAF, you win with your anime stuff, I think I'm going to put this months gaming budget on STEINS:GATE and Tales of Symphonia.

Unless they've made a *number* of improvements post-launch, the Symphonia port is straight up garbage. Zestiria is a much better Tales port if you need Tales now, otherwise maybe wait for Berseria.

venomenon

This is a very good decision. ONE OF US.
As someone who's not into anime
(don't kill me, pls)
, I agree it's a good decision. I don't regret my purchase at all.
It probably helps that the subject matter is just right up my alley, I don't know if I could take some of the unbearable anime bullshit otherwise (like the main character's "chuunibyou" antics...)

Monooboe

This is a very good decision. ONE OF US.

Haha yeah, though I hope I wont get too much into it so I start buying all similar games.XD

Unless they've made a *number* of improvements post-launch, the Symphonia port is straight up garbage. Zestiria is a much better Tales port if you need Tales now, otherwise maybe wait for Berseria.

Aaah hmh, so they aren't in any kind of order? I just thought I would go for Symphonia because it was cheap on humble sale.

SteinsGate is as anime as you can get but there's a genuinely good story there.

Ah yeah it does seem good and I'm loving the art from the screens.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Aaah hmh, so they aren't in any kind of order? I just thought I would go for Symphonia because it was cheap on humble sale.

Don't let the technical issues stop you, just install this.

Just did a ~1 hour interview with Dean Sekulic (Co-founder of Croteam) for an upcoming article I'm writing. That was incredibly intersting.

These guys are so great, everyone go buy Talos Principle if you haven't done so yet (also helps that it's a really amazing game, and one of the best and most versatile PC releases of all time from a technical PoV).
I haven't heard of the technical aspects of Talos. I hope you're writing up an in depth article about it.

fantomena

SteamGAF I need help. Which of these games do I play through first, second and third; Dying Light Enhanced Edition, Titan Quest Anniversary and Fallout 4 (no DLC).

Wok

Batman vilain has just got a NSFW mask.

Edit: Oh, it is a pigeon beak.

Ucchedavāda;216813898 said:
Wait, what did you think it was?

At first, I thought it was a rhinoceros mask, so I was like WTF is this?! Now, I know it is a pigeon mask, and it is all fine. Hum... Wait, why would anybody wear a pigeon mask? Who even makes pigeon masks? WTF

Monooboe

SteamGAF I need help. Which of these games do I play through first, second and third; Dying Light Enhanced Edition, Titan Quest Anniversary and Fallout 4 (no DLC).

I would say Fallout 4, but that will take alot of time. Thought I haven't really given Dying Light much time and Titan Quest is a good hacknslash.

I just bought that Kiss bundle on Bundle Stars and I see two orders of it on my account, one went through fine and the other is on 'pending' status. They haven't charged me for the second one (and hopefully they won't), but this is odd. First time I see it happen.

Parsnip

For TIS-100/Spacechem fans:

SHENZHEN I/O: BUILD CIRCUITS. WRITE CODE. RTFM.

Coming to Steam Early Access on October 6th, 2016!

Site/Purchase: http://www.zachtronics.com/shenzhen-io/ / Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5TbHcK_qvE

It's launching at $14.99 on October 6th. There's also a $39.99 special edition with a physical manual, binder and other secret things.

I like Spacechem and Infinifactory, but TIS-100 was just too much for me and this looks like more of that unfortunately.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
The copper coil of the fan is visible in the picture, meaning it was pushing air away from the rear exhaust, so the hot air got trapped inside the case.
And I'm down to 78c. Thank you so very much! I'll go over to I Need A New PC soon for more cooling maybe. The whole heatsink concept confuses me but whatever! It works!

Wok

I like Spacechem and Infinifactory, but TIS-100 was just too much for me and this looks like more of that unfortunately.

Well, it is good that they occupy that market niche. Nowadays, there are plenty of Spacechem clones.

yuraya

No Humble Bundle?

:(

What happened to that site? It used to be great. Such a shame.

They should go back to the tuesdays and thursdays system. It was so much better.

MUnited83

For you.
Batman vilain has just got a NSFW mask.

Edit: Oh, it is a pigeon beak.

At first, I thought it was a rhinoceros mask, so I was like WTF is this?! Now, I now it is a pigeon mask, and it is all fine. Hum... Wait, why would anybody wear a pigeon mask? Who even makes pigeon mask? WTF

what kind of question is this

it's a batman villain

Tried the FIFA 17 demo (Origin obviously)...actually liked the sample of the new story mode thing a lot more than I thought I would

will wait for a sale (or for it to go on EA Access if I have to) before picking it up

Vlad

Well, it is good that they occupy that market niche. Nowadays, there are plenty of Spacechem clones.

There are? Such as? While I don't know if I'll ever finish SpaceChem, I loved all of Infinifactory, and would love to see the... Sandbox Puzzler?... become more of a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom