• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
September 13 - Steam Client Beta Update - Sep 13

Steam Controller
  • Added Radial Menu Mode – A radial menu for touchpads and joysticks which allows up to 20 radial bindings, a center/deselected optional binding, and a click binding. The Radial Menu is geared towards being a mode shift popup on the stick or pads, but can also popup on demand like a Touch Menu. Allows for various output methods including an Always Send option which sends the bound command as soon as the option is highlighted. This can be useful to output through a list or even bind 8-way movement.
  • Added Always Send input style to Touch Menu output. This style always outputs the selected menu item, as seen on radial menus.
  • Added ~250 new icons for use in Touch and Radial menus.
  • Fixed a bug where joystick modes could get stuck with stick deflected when changing actions sets.
  • Fixed showing actions for games which use native configurations but have no native actions, which required manually changing to legacy mode for bindings.
  • Fixed On Screen Keyboard showing daisy-wheel for steam controller users.
  • Fixed Activator Selection Row not focusing the right Activator button when moving up from the activator settings.
  • Fixed on screen keyboard not getting focus when using the desktop configurator.
  • Fixed activator labels after the initial one not working properly when using the on-screen keyboard.
  • Added handoff between directional and mouse cursor based input in big picture when using the pads/stick.

Impressive stuff. The new icon count is crazy.

If you bought the Groupee's Remute X bundle there should be a key for Carrie's Order Up!

Cute game.

I wonder if they're putting them up in stages or what. I saw someone mention on the Steam forums earlier that they got a key from Groupees, but I'm still waiting on mine.

Not Steam, but this is the last day to redeem Rayman Origins for free on Uplay. If somehow you missed this game after all these years, do yourself a favor.

The Crew will be available tomorrow.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Arthea, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Arthea, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -- MB-F79E40964ED28338 - Taken by septicore. 22 entrants total.

t1473820663z1.png

Arthea really loves TitS.

78C is CPU's temperature under full load right?

Wouldn't that still be a bit on the hot side? (Even under a full load)

I had some major CPU heating issues a few months ago and switched to a Hyper 212 EVO cooler (with Arctic MX-4 paste) and under full load the highest I've got was maybe 55 C for a split second...normally it's about 50 C (idles about 28-30)

Wouldn't that still be a bit on the hot side? (Even under a full load)

I had some major CPU heating issues a few months ago and switched to a Hyper 212 EVO cooler (with Arctic MX-4 paste) and under full load the highest I've got was maybe 55 C for a split second...normally it's about 50 C (idles about 28-30)
Hyper 212 EVO is not that good to pull off 55C max load temp, you weren't testing it properly. 78C? It depends on the room temperature and OC.

mp1990

Banned
So Dead Rising still holds up?
I played it for 20 minutes to find out that my save was corrupted, lol. Not a big deal since I was still pretty early on, but it's worrying since the save system in the game is so inflexible, hopefully it won't happen again.

That aside, the game's aesthetic and writing still had that 2006 cover that no remaster in the world can ever take away, but didn't seem bad to me.

GTA V doesn't use shit for the CPU; you probably need to reseat the chip and the heatsink, and don't fucking use strawberry jam for thermal paste.

It's either that or your PC got a nosebleed from all those animes you watch.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1272354&highlight=steam.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (StrangeRoboMemory, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Shiftlings -- MB-391C2FDDD600F1C5 - Taken by Mikurden

kagamin

GTA V doesn't use shit for the CPU; you probably need to reseat the chip and the heatsink, and don't fucking use strawberry jam for thermal paste.

It's either that or your PC got a nosebleed from all those animes you watch.

You mean I shouldn't be using vegemite as a thermal paste replacement?

you have to sacrifice a rooster with a Field-Tested Case Hardened Bowie knife at exactly 03:33 with the number 3 spraypainted on the floor while humming This was a Triumph and setting out an offering of PEELS HERE

Lol VAC ban hysteria is always fun. Kind of weird, I'm trying to post a review for Homefront: The Revolution but it says "Developers are not allowed to write reviews for their own products.".... Uh okay.

kagamin

Lol VAC ban hysteria is always fun. Kind of weird, I'm trying to post a review for Homefront: The Revolution but it says "Developers are not allowed to write reviews for their own products.".... Uh okay.

Are you trying to cheat the review system mister developer sir? I'm sorry but that's not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom